300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Habits

What is one habit you have that you know it's bad you would like to kick and how do you intend on kicking that habit.......for good?

For me is driving too fast. When I hit the highways, I always end up going over the limit. I got a speeding ticket not too long ago for going over 20+ miles and on the ticket it said in big capitlized and boldified letters: RECKLESS DRIVING.

Now I drive like a granny. 60 miles per hour, no faster. It's only a matter of a few minutes. I don't know what my hurry is.

It is a bad habit.

Originally posted by toni_tk
    What is one habit you have that you know it's bad you would like to kick and how do you intend on kicking that habit.......for good?

For me is driving too fast. When I hit the highways, I always end up going over the limit. I got a speeding ticket not too long ago for going over 20+ miles and on the ticket it said in big capitlized and boldified letters: RECKLESS DRIVING.

Now I drive like a granny. 60 miles per hour, no faster. It's only a matter of a few minutes. I don't know what my hurry is.

It is a bad habit.
    Opposite of you,drive under the posted speed limit,reason Iam tired of making,BP,Shell,Citgo,Chevron,Exxon rich off me,was actually Blued for driving under speed limit,by a State Police,Good Grief

Comment

Spending too much time on the computer.
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
        Not according to your Post Count,Quopper,The Queen Buttercup,Styx,TK7027,TxLady would fall into that catagorey before You if you are talking about O.com!

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
          You didn't answer my second question. How are you going to kick your habit??

Comment

Originally posted by toni_tk
            You didn't answer my second question. How are you going to kick your habit??

I like it too much to kick it.
            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Don
              Opposite of you,drive under the posted speed limit,reason Iam tired of making,BP,Shell,Citgo,Chevron,Exxon rich off me,was actually Blued for driving under speed limit,by a State Police,Good Grief
              My mother drives 50 miles per hour on the highway. I can't stand her driving anywhere. She grips onto the wheel so tight her knucles turn white and she stares at what's ahead of her.

During her 30+ years of driving, she's never gotten a ticket or stopped by a police officer. She brags all the time.

Comment

I have no bad habits....I'm perfect
                Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

I bite my nails. I don't wear them down to the nubs or anything, but I haven't used a nail clipper on my fingers in years.

There, I've said it.
                  Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Not being able to say 'no.' I've gotten better in the last few years, when i decided to work on making my life as stress-free as humanly possible. I had a very stressful job at the time...

Going along with that trait, is not being able to let my anger out at people, or even tell them my displeasure with them. I usually let it all build to a boiling point...

Other physical-type bad habits are sleeping too long, and eating too many sweets...which i AM able to control for long period of time

Comment

I'm a nail-biter too. I've been REAL good this past 2 years... but i've fallen off the wagon 3 times... then stop again.

*Sometimes i think i procrastinate - i'll get back to you on that one

*Start little projects, don't always finish them beca.......

*Spend/Waste too much time in hot bathtub - will actually sleep in there on many occasions. Often wondered if i can get a neat table to sit over the water that i can put my laptop on. lol

*Spend too much money on toys for my car. I keep telling myself.. 'This is the LAST thing i'm getting!'

*Leave towels in the dryer ALL THE TIME. I only dry towels, socks, and bedstuff. If i lived alone, i'd just grab towels out of the dryer when i needed them.

How to fix?
                      Willpower for most of them. I've been doing really good on each account by just 'choosing' to. I know that sounds stupid, but it's worked really well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
                        I bite my nails. I don't wear them down to the nubs or anything, but I haven't used a nail clipper on my fingers in years.

There, I've said it.
                        I use to have the same problem... The way I stopped was to think of the nastiest, most STD infected crack head you have ever gone hands on with. When you have this wonderful mental picture... Just imagine that you just touched them 30 seconds ago and haven't cleaned yourself.

Worked for me

oh yeah...my bad habit, I am a smoker
                        Last edited by JHoek; 07-19-2005, 03:17 AM.

Comment

I smoke... and want to stop. I am just weak willed and haven't gave it a serious try yet.

I am thinking about getting into that zyban pill that might help or even try the patch.

Or I could just go 3 days cold-turkey and it is suppose to get better from there.

I'll let you guys know how it goes when I give it a try.

Mike

Comment

I used to be a smoker but I went the cold turkey route and it has been a week today and I feel so much better and have a lot more engery. Plus, the money that my co workers said they would pay me to stop is a big plus!!!

Comment

I used to be a nail biter too. Then I started looking at them and thinking, "God damn, my nails look like ****!" So I just quit, cold turkey. I don't get manicures or anything...but I have to admit I'm curious.

I'm also an impulse buyer. I see stuff I want and BAM I buy it, provided I have the money for it. Consequently I'm broke all the time, but I have lots of neat toys!!!

And I don't wipe after I poo. I really need to work on that one.
                              Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
                              Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6363 users online. 357 members and 6006 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X