300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Armed Forces

I just wanted to write a short note to once again thank all of the men and women of the US Armed Forces both past and present. I only regret that I was never able to serve this great country as military man! I believe that this is the greatest country in the world and will defend it in anyway that I can as a Law Enforcement Officer.

We seem to occasionally forget about the men and women in uniform until the scheduled "days of rememberence" ie labor day, memorial day etc. I start every day with a little prayer for these men and women who bravely are defending our country as well as every member of MY law enforcement community. If ever you think that you are forgotten, you are not!

Please keep up the good work and come home safe!!!

Yours Truly,

Pac-Man
    There's no substitute for strength,
    and no excuse for a lack of it!!

I would also like to say Thank you.

I have a friend of 4 years whom will be returning to full time duty. He is busy with training and from what he has told me. It takes alot to be in the military. I support all the men and women of the Armed Forces (US and British).

You are thought of each and every day.

BBB
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
    Not Yet Visited: 16
    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

To the Military

I, too want to send my prayers to every service person on duty right now. As said, we wait until it is too late to realize the price paid for our freedom. Keep up the good work and know that the folks at home, and especially my brothers in blue are watching the front lines here and awaiting your safe return.

God speed

Comment

Reality Check

Really and truly, it is a reality check for all of us. We don't live in this country for free. Somebody's life is on the line. All give some and some gave all. We can't let their hard work go worth for nothing. Little by little, as we make changes in our lives for the better, for the worthy cause, could make a difference on our end as well.

I want everyone to come home safely. I don't know why they choose to do what they do now. But to show a little gratitude of appreciation is the least I can do. And I pray for police officers as well, that they come home safely, each night.....where they belong.

*shucks. i'm getting all emotional now****

Comment

I cry whenever I think I could lose my friend. Especially knowning that I like him.

I don't watch the news anymore because it seems like more and more of them are being killed.

I hate to be selfish,but I do not want to see him go over there. He was already over there but before everything happened.

Ugh... I gotta stop thinking about it otherwise I will have to reapply my makeup.

BBB SUPPORTS ALL MEN AND WOMEN IN THE ARMED FORCES ( U.S & BRITISH)!!
          "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
          Not Yet Visited: 16
          Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Ohhhhhhh, girlfriend, the pain of losing a friend, a child-hood friend, was the hardest reality I had to accept. My friend was not military, however, losing a great part of my life, a part of my child-hood memory, here today and gone tomorrow, was a bitch slap and a slam in the wall.

It's beyond repair, what losing a loved one does to you.........

Comment

I also say thanks and with this being said, we need to bring them home as quickly as possible. Even though my views on current engagements may differ from others, the best support is getting them out of there.

TGY
              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy
                I also say thanks and with this being said, we need to bring them home as quickly as possible. Even though my views on current engagements may differ from others, the best support is getting them out of there.

TGY
                I to support our troops and our allies. And ThatGuy, you need to spread your attitude. I don't care what someones opinions on current engagements are, but they shouldn't take it out on the troops. Where I am there are many people against being in Iraq, but they aren't supporting the troops
                RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Armed Forces

I have almost 22 years of active duty Navy, Naval Reserve, and Army National Guard time under my belt, with 17 of those being A/D Navy. This includes two ships (one an aircraft carrier), two ballistic missile submarines, three overseas duty stations and almost 18 months in a MP Company. Toss in the volunteer FF/EMT stuff, auxiliary officer for a SE Georgia PD, and 16 months of federal corrections, and one thing stands clear to me:

Everyone sacrifices. There are those of us who will walk into a burning building to save a life of someone they don't even know, those who wear a badge and gun and try to keep the $#itheads in line, those who wear the uniform of a Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine or Coastguardsman, and those who hold down a "regular" job. We are all part of one team.

My wife and I say evening prayers with our eldest son (almost four) and quite often, we give thanks for the policemen, firefighters, and other public servants who sacrifice their time in order that we can sleep in peace each and every night.

So coming from one who has seen many aspects of the equation, THANK YOU for your support. Be you LE, FF/EMT, Military, or any other profession that contributes to our Society, you have my respect and admiration.
                  Ken
                  I must go down to the seas again to the vagrant gypsy life, To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife; And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover, and quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

Comment

Originally posted by azchopshopcop
                    I just wanted to write a short note to once again thank all of the men and women of the US Armed Forces both past and present. I only regret that I was never able to serve this great country as military man! I believe that this is the greatest country in the world and will defend it in anyway that I can as a Law Enforcement Officer.

We seem to occasionally forget about the men and women in uniform until the scheduled "days of rememberence" ie labor day, memorial day etc. I start every day with a little prayer for these men and women who bravely are defending our country as well as every member of MY law enforcement community. If ever you think that you are forgotten, you are not!

Please keep up the good work and come home safe!!!

Yours Truly,

Pac-Man

Az, that is very eloquent and there is nothing that I could add except my heartfelt thanks and respect for those men and women in uniform who keep our country and our communities safe.
                    All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4501 users online. 277 members and 4224 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X