Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay ladies, whats the deal?

Alright, heres one for the gals.

I took count today and my wife has nine bottles of various hair products in our shower. Pink bottles, green bottles, red bottles, shampoo, conditioner, shampoo with conditioner, with aloe, fruit infused, with every vitamin under the sun. What is up with this? One bottle of shampoo, a bar of soap, and a stick od deodorant and I'm good to go. I'm not even going to get into the multitude of hair spray, gels, and lotions on the sink.

I know I'm just a dumb guy but I don't get it. The best answer I can get from the wife is "you be quiet".
    The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Originally posted by Migraman

I took count today and my wife has nine bottles of various hair products in our shower. Pink bottles, green bottles, red bottles, shampoo, conditioner, shampoo with conditioner, with aloe, fruit infused, with every vitamin under the sun. What is up with this? One bottle of shampoo, a bar of soap, and a stick od deodorant and I'm good to go. I'm not even going to get into the multitude of hair spray, gels, and lotions on the sink.

I know I'm just a dumb guy but I don't get it. The best answer I can get from the wife is "you be quiet".
    Wow. I have one bottle of body wash and that takes care of everything.
    RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Don't know about women with short hair, but long hair needs at least conditioner. Other than that? The scent, man.
      STFU! Another great suggestion from the same mind that brought you "Kiss my butt" and "Leave me alone"

Why not?

Comment

Better listen to her sounds like good advice(you be quiet) or you might be sleeping with the fishes

Comment

Well, I have MANY shampoos, conditioners, bodywashes and shave and aftershave gels.

I mainly get them because they smell good. And I think the scent makes us feel as though they are working harder....
          Dont wait...Procrastinate now!

Comment

The reason I left my otherwise oblivious state is that I knocked over one of the nine bottles in the shower earlier tonight. It cracked when it hit the tub and made the bottom of the tub very slippery. So as my feet are doing the "looney tunes shuffle" and I'm desperately trying to grab for anything solid to keep from breaking my melon all I accomplished was knocking over the other eight bottles all over the place. Well I did a controlled fall without killing myself. This is the chain of events leading to my current soapbox.

Comment

Since you're OK.... that is funny. Despite being female, I can't answer your original question. I only have one shampoo, one conditioner, one body soap and one face soap. I won't mention the 10 or so things of hair product I have tho.

You need to get one of those shower orginizer things that you put in the corner of the tub to contain all the products.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
              and I'm not sure about the former.
              -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by icecoldblueyes
                Since you're OK.... that is funny. Despite being female, I can't answer your original question. I only have one shampoo, one conditioner, one body soap and one face soap. I won't mention the 10 or so things of hair product I have tho.

You need to get one of those shower orginizer things that you put in the corner of the tub to contain all the products.
                The previous owner of the house was handicap so we have handrails in the shower which is where my wife lines up the bottles. The rails are what I was grabbing for when I started getting pelted by the remaining bottles if that helps the visual any .

Comment

I'd laugh harder, but I'm too busy nursing a sore foot. Seems my daughter's perfumed liquid soap is heavier than it looks.

*limps off, thinking daughter needs to wake up with all of it in her bed*
                  STFU! Another great suggestion from the same mind that brought you "Kiss my butt" and "Leave me alone"

Why not?

Comment

This is prob way more info than most of you want to know but here ya go

I guess *technically* you are supposed to use different products for different seasons as well as different hairstyles.

ie: thicker/greasier conditioner for windy days or summertime for protection

If you want hair straight - use shampoo and conditioner for straight hair or to straighten curly hair

If you want curly - use the stuff made for curly, or made to curl it

Same with hairsprays/gels/mousse/pomades. All made for different hairstyles... and different weather situations. (humid, dry, rainy etc)

You don't want to use a heavy cleaning shampoo if you wash your hair every single day because it will dry it out. So a light shampoo for most days and a heavier cleaning type one for once in a while.

Only other reason i can think someone would have a zillion different products is the smells?

That being said - i'm not into using a ton of different products which is probably why i hate my hair and fight with it all the time. lol

I have 1 bar of Soap, 1 Liquid Soap, 2 Shampoos, 1 Conditioner.
                    1 Hairspray, 1 Gel.

Comment

WOW! I use soap!

OH yeah and I have shaving cream!

Comment

i thought this was going to be about women an shoes...toook a totally differnt track....but I am ok with that
                        Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by icecoldblueyes

NO! She needs to take only the 1 or 2 products she is going to use during that shower session and leave the rest behind (under the sink????). Oh, and the even more important idea....... Remove the "products" at the end of her shower session.

Or do like me and use the other shower.
                          If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

If you won't get an *** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

www.sportbikes.net

Comment

I took count today and my wife has nine bottles of various hair products in our shower. Pink bottles, green bottles, red bottles, shampoo, conditioner, shampoo with conditioner, with aloe, fruit infused, with every vitamin under the sun. What is up with this?
                            ::AHEM:: At the risk of stating the obvious...here is the general* rule:

Girls like girl things
                            Boys like boy things

Now, I could use generic shampoo on my hair and Speed Stick on my pits, but would ya wanna date me? My guess is with the finger stuck in the light socket look and smelling like a dude, I'd say prolly not.

But hey - maybe a chick would dig me.

*General rule is based on gender stereotypes.

~~~~~~~~
                            Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
                            ~~~~~~~~

. s
                            c(__)

Comment

when the wife collects too much, i make some of it disappear slowly and make up different reasons for its absence, like the baby (16 months) took it and hid it somewhere, she ran out and i threw it away, or... what stuff? I never saw it!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4626 users online. 255 members and 4371 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X