• Show
Clear All

• Styx
    replied
    Awesome, buddy...Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• Ken K
    replied
    Congrats Dave. I've seen some of your postings and you will fit right in!

My reserve let me go alone too, but that was only because I had been a former fulltime officer. Sounds like a good program, something our reserves want to do.

I'm not sure why unions were mentioned? Either the other officers respect you for your abilities or they don't. My departments union never was mentioned in my 10 years as a reserve.

Leave a comment:

• usafcop64528
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveinUtah
    For all of you that don't know, I got hired with Park City about 3 months ago. I went through an In-service academy with them for two months.

Due to budget reasons,(Thier fiscal year ended the end of June) they didn't have us take our psych tests until after the in-service academy. Well, my test came back "inconclusive" and they suspended me. They allowed me the option of retaking the test, but I would have to pay for it myself.

Well, ofcourse I did. Two weeks ago today. I have been dying to find out if I passed. I love it up in Park City. It is great. If you don't know Park City, it is a resort town for skiing. Alot of the 2002 Olympic events were held there, and Robert Redford's Sundance film festival is also held there.

Well, anyway, I got a call a little while ago from my Sgt. and he said "The chief has approved my hire" WOO HOO!!!!! I am so happy.

Now, this is only a reserve posistion, but the reserves up there are different than a lot of other places. We get paid $10 an hour and after FTO, we are allowed to patrol on our own. They even have two vehicles just for the reserves.

Anyway as you can tell from my ranting, I am way happy. I get sworn in tomorrow and have my first shift as a reserve.
    Have another beer on me. Hell, have a six pack

Leave a comment:

• DaveinUtah
    replied
    Originally posted by Java King
    Good Job Dave & best of luck to you!!!

Get ready, I'm sure some union smart *** will post something negative about you being just a reserve officer.
    I don't care. I am too happy to care. Besides, all of the full time guys up there respect us just like we are full time also. It is not like other places. And, I mean that in A LOT of ways it is not like other places.
    Last edited by DaveinUtah; 07-14-2005, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Isla_
    replied
    that is great!! congradulations and kudos to you for sticking with it
    (I can do THOSE smilies)

Leave a comment:

• Java King
    replied
    Good Job Dave & best of luck to you!!!

Get ready, I'm sure some union smart *** will post something negative about you being just a reserve officer.

Leave a comment:

• icecoldblueyes
    replied
    Congrats!!!

Leave a comment:

• DaveinUtah
    started a topic I'm IN!!!!!!!!!

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!

For all of you that don't know, I got hired with Park City about 3 months ago. I went through an In-service academy with them for two months.

Due to budget reasons,(Thier fiscal year ended the end of June) they didn't have us take our psych tests until after the in-service academy. Well, my test came back "inconclusive" and they suspended me. They allowed me the option of retaking the test, but I would have to pay for it myself.

Well, ofcourse I did. Two weeks ago today. I have been dying to find out if I passed. I love it up in Park City. It is great. If you don't know Park City, it is a resort town for skiing. Alot of the 2002 Olympic events were held there, and Robert Redford's Sundance film festival is also held there.

Well, anyway, I got a call a little while ago from my Sgt. and he said "The chief has approved my hire" WOO HOO!!!!! I am so happy.

Now, this is only a reserve posistion, but the reserves up there are different than a lot of other places. We get paid $10 an hour and after FTO, we are allowed to patrol on our own. They even have two vehicles just for the reserves.

Anyway as you can tell from my ranting, I am way happy. I get sworn in tomorrow and have my first shift as a reserve.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19219 users online. 45 members and 19174 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...