Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm IN!!!!!!!!!

    For all of you that don't know, I got hired with Park City about 3 months ago. I went through an In-service academy with them for two months.

    Due to budget reasons,(Thier fiscal year ended the end of June) they didn't have us take our psych tests until after the in-service academy. Well, my test came back "inconclusive" and they suspended me. They allowed me the option of retaking the test, but I would have to pay for it myself.

    Well, ofcourse I did. Two weeks ago today. I have been dying to find out if I passed. I love it up in Park City. It is great. If you don't know Park City, it is a resort town for skiing. Alot of the 2002 Olympic events were held there, and Robert Redford's Sundance film festival is also held there.

    Well, anyway, I got a call a little while ago from my Sgt. and he said "The chief has approved my hire" WOO HOO!!!!! I am so happy.

    Now, this is only a reserve posistion, but the reserves up there are different than a lot of other places. We get paid $10 an hour and after FTO, we are allowed to patrol on our own. They even have two vehicles just for the reserves.

    Anyway as you can tell from my ranting, I am way happy. I get sworn in tomorrow and have my first shift as a reserve.
    If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

  • #2
    Congrats!!!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein


    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Good Job Dave & best of luck to you!!!

      Get ready, I'm sure some union smart *** will post something negative about you being just a reserve officer.
      That's right, bring me my royal coffee!

      Comment


      • #4
        that is great!! congradulations and kudos to you for sticking with it
        (I can do THOSE smilies)
        stay safe and always remember to look up!!

        "You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

        chat room

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Java King
          Good Job Dave & best of luck to you!!!

          Get ready, I'm sure some union smart *** will post something negative about you being just a reserve officer.
          I don't care. I am too happy to care. Besides, all of the full time guys up there respect us just like we are full time also. It is not like other places. And, I mean that in A LOT of ways it is not like other places.
          Last edited by DaveinUtah; 07-14-2005, 12:05 PM.
          If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DaveinUtah
            For all of you that don't know, I got hired with Park City about 3 months ago. I went through an In-service academy with them for two months.

            Due to budget reasons,(Thier fiscal year ended the end of June) they didn't have us take our psych tests until after the in-service academy. Well, my test came back "inconclusive" and they suspended me. They allowed me the option of retaking the test, but I would have to pay for it myself.

            Well, ofcourse I did. Two weeks ago today. I have been dying to find out if I passed. I love it up in Park City. It is great. If you don't know Park City, it is a resort town for skiing. Alot of the 2002 Olympic events were held there, and Robert Redford's Sundance film festival is also held there.

            Well, anyway, I got a call a little while ago from my Sgt. and he said "The chief has approved my hire" WOO HOO!!!!! I am so happy.

            Now, this is only a reserve posistion, but the reserves up there are different than a lot of other places. We get paid $10 an hour and after FTO, we are allowed to patrol on our own. They even have two vehicles just for the reserves.

            Anyway as you can tell from my ranting, I am way happy. I get sworn in tomorrow and have my first shift as a reserve.
            Have another beer on me. Hell, have a six pack
            RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

            Seatbelts save lives

            Comment


            • #7
              Congrats Dave. I've seen some of your postings and you will fit right in!

              My reserve let me go alone too, but that was only because I had been a former fulltime officer. Sounds like a good program, something our reserves want to do.

              I'm not sure why unions were mentioned? Either the other officers respect you for your abilities or they don't. My departments union never was mentioned in my 10 years as a reserve.

              Comment


              • #8
                Awesome, buddy...Congratulations!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Congradulations Officer Dave,and Remember Lets Stay Safe out There

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. I am on cloud nine now. I actually worked three shifts before the suspension. There was no way I could not not work up there after getting a taste of it.
                    If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by StephWhit
                      THe vulvanator is on the job!

                      Men, hide your chics..hottie is uniform approaching!!
                      If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Great job Dave, you've earned it.



                        ...now can we talk about hooking up some VIP passes to the film festival???

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Max Fischer
                          Great job Dave, you've earned it.



                          ...now can we talk about hooking up some VIP passes to the film festival???
                          Thanks Max. I honestly can't wait to work it. I have already heard some crazy stories about it. I'll see what I can do for you
                          If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Congrats Dave.

                            Have fun!

                            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson


                            *UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                            Not Yet Visited: 16
                            Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BaseballBabe
                              Congrats Dave.

                              Have fun!

                              Thanks. I am sure I will have fun. I took off part of my regular job tomorrow to work up there and then I am also working up there Saturday. I can't wait.
                              If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 2984 users online. 154 members and 2830 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X