Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All it really takes its a Schick Quattro and a little splash of water......

Comment

All the older guys will back me up on this. Do any of you remember the old gillete double edge shavers, the ones that you twist at the bottom and the top open and you insert the thin razor blade Well that razor works wonders and I have been shaving with them since high school. I inherited 2 from my grandfather and found 2 more at a old estate sale. You need to go back to the old style, Hot towels, lather cup with brush, skin conditioner and following the pattern of your hair. I found a old skool barber that taught me how to shave with a straight razor and I use it every weekend. Ebay has alot of the straight razors but the gillete razors im talking about have become a collecters item so they are kind of hard to find....

I take that back ebay has the exact gillette razor I found for 2 bucks on auction and the price is currently $26 dollars and rising.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=35989&rd=1
      Last edited by AMG; 07-15-2005, 08:24 AM.
      MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

Originally posted by CGPD4566
        Hey guys, this might sound pretty damn lame but everytime I go to shave, my face below my jawline ends up RAW. I don't know if it's just a problem I'm doing shaving or what, but it's going to be a problem up at school this fall, as I'm supposed to be clean shaven every day. I shave with just a Mach 3 razor, and nothing is effected except the throat area. I was told to change my blade, and did so with no difference. Lol, I feel stupid for asking it but whats the deal? Does it happen to any of you?

My husband has the same problem...uses Edge shaving gel for sensitive skin (with aloe) and Mach 3 razor thingies. I bought him some lotion by Neutrogena called razor defense. He likes it; its not that expensive and can be found at the grocery store. My dad has that problem and uses some stuff by Nivea. I am sure you can find samples of some stuff to see what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by AMG
          All the older guys will back me up on this. Do any of you remember the old gillete double edge shavers, the ones that you twist at the bottom and the top open and you insert the thin razor blade Well that razor works wonders and I have been shaving with them since high school. I inherited 2 from my grandfather and found 2 more at a old estate sale. You need to go back to the old style, Hot towels, lather cup with brush, skin conditioner and following the pattern of your hair. I found a old skool barber that taught me how to shave with a straight razor and I use it every weekend. Ebay has alot of the straight razors but the gillete razors im talking about have become a collecters item so they are kind of hard to find....

I take that back ebay has the exact gillette razor I found for 2 bucks on auction and the price is currently $26 dollars and rising.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=35989&rd=1
          I know exactly the kind you are talking about. I've wanted to try them for a while now, but have always waited for one reason or another.

Anyways, there are several specialty shops online that sell new (usually from Europe) double edged razors and blades like the ones you speak of.
          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Styx
            My husband has the same problem...uses Edge shaving gel for sensitive skin (with aloe) and Mach 3 razor thingies. I bought him some lotion by Neutrogena called razor defense. He likes it; its not that expensive and can be found at the grocery store. My dad has that problem and uses some stuff by Nivea. I am sure you can find samples of some stuff to see what you like.
            I bought the Neutrogena shave gel (razor defense) have used it once and already can tell a difference shaving. Thanks
            RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Interesting stuff. Being a man must be tough....having to worry about what to shave with and all.

Comment

As mentioned above, hot rag on the face/ neck for about 30 seconds and one more important thing.....let the razor glide, do not press it against the skin.

Comment

Originally posted by usafcop64528
                  I bought the Neutrogena shave gel (razor defense) have used it once and already can tell a difference shaving. Thanks
                  Well good....glad I could help.

Comment

Don't use so much pressure... more pressure = to close of shave = rash

Comment

Is it not amazing how many people are weighing in on this topic. We don't get this many responses on some of the political or legal threads.

Of course I'll be the first to say that this is probably more important to me than those other topics.

I actually shave in the shower (just my face you pervs). I think it helps.
                      Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

No matter how meticulously I shave, my fave is never full-on smooth like the guys in the commercials.

I'm convinced those bitches wax their faces.

Now to get rid of this uni-brow...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3937 users online. 263 members and 3674 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X