300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Different Question...

Hey guys, this might sound pretty damn lame but everytime I go to shave, my face below my jawline ends up RAW. I don't know if it's just a problem I'm doing shaving or what, but it's going to be a problem up at school this fall, as I'm supposed to be clean shaven every day. I shave with just a Mach 3 razor, and nothing is effected except the throat area. I was told to change my blade, and did so with no difference. Lol, I feel stupid for asking it but whats the deal? Does it happen to any of you?
    In Memoriam:
    Cpl. Chad Wayne Powell
    USMC
    Killed in Action
    Fallujah, Iraq
    June 23, 2005

Yes, especially if I'm shaving every day. I too use a Mach 3 and Edge shaving gel. I've found that using a good aftershave gel (I use Bath and Bodywork's MEN Gel) can help. The only other advice I can offer is to make sure you are shaving in the direction that the hair grows.
    Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Just A Thought

Try an electric

Comment

It's also helpful to shave after you shower, your beard will be loosened up a bit with the warm water.

Comment

I have the same problem, but if I use an electric razor, like chief said, it helps.
          If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

I use the triple blade disposables and the ones with the 'lube' strip{ gee , icant believe I used the word lube and not referring to sex} I started to use a shave lotiong with OIL in it. I got it from Bath and Body works, Its called Dr. Galen Cream shave, made by Bigelow apothecaries. Probably some advertising scheme buty it has sesame seed oil in it. ALl the magazines say to get a lotion with oil OR use a pre shave oil. That stuff is actually pricey but the oil works. U can probably check out a site like www.kingofshaves.com or www.artofshaving.com
            I just go to Bath and Body/
            P.S.- Iam not a CHICK
            I got nothing for now

Comment

If even the electric shaver causes you problems go to a barber that specializes in cutting black hair and ask for some of the shaving paste that they use on the guys that get the "bumps." You could use that on you neck instead of shaving.
              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Try a double blade with lub strip Atra and get a shaving cup with a brush and shaving soap. I had a terrible time and have the dang scars to prove it. Wash your face, brush on the shaving soap for a long time, and shave in the direction that feels the best. That brush will really stand those wiskers up. It worked for me. And don't shave that close!

Comment

you could try waxing...

*ducks and runs*

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                    If even the electric shaver causes you problems go to a barber that specializes in cutting black hair and ask for some of the shaving paste that they use on the guys that get the "bumps." You could use that on you neck instead of shaving.
                    I forget what it's called, but that's what I used to do. Comes in a little plastic shoe polish-type plastic thing with a twist-off lid...next to the Afro-Sheen products.

More recently, I:

-Alternate with two razors. Both stay soaking in a cold water cup and I switch razors after every few strokes. The idea is metal contracts in cold, hopefully minimizing the minute imperfections in the blade.
                    -Shave in the hot shower in front of a mirror stuck to the wall.
                    -Use a layer of cocoa butter on my face underneath the shaving gel.
                    -Shave only down, except to get everything under my chin.

Most recently, I just use an electric, because I have to shave more often than I get to shower at home.
                    No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
                      Yes, especially if I'm shaving every day. I too use a Mach 3 and Edge shaving gel. I've found that using a good aftershave gel (I use Bath and Bodywork's MEN Gel) can help. The only other advice I can offer is to make sure you are shaving in the direction that the hair grows.
                      That's what I do. CGPD4566, try dampening your face first with water, then put on the cream; works for me.

Comment

i shave my head and face with the Mach 3 razor and i only use a bar of soap for shaving cream and thats works ok i use dove. Once in a while it will get lumpy but over all it works. Try shaving in the shower with hot water it will help open your pours.

good luck
                        "OBSTACLES ARE THOSE FRIGHTFUL THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOAL" HENRY FORD

Comment

I make sure that I have soaked my face in hot (***disclaimer*** HOT means as hot as you can stand without burning yourself-- Dumbass) water. Either shaving in the shower after washing my face or over the lavatory by soaking a rag in hot (see disclaimer, again) water and letting it set on the area you intend to shave for 20-30 seconds. This expands the hairs and forces them to stand up so you don't have to scrape your face as many times. Also try different shaving creams. I have found that the 1920's era Barbasol works great on my face. The key is to not run the razor across your face a million times.
                          If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

If you won't get an *** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

www.sportbikes.net

Comment

Today I just took a hot shower and then used Edge gel with a Mach 3 razor and it went fine and dandy...the real test will be how it responds tomorrow morning. Thanks everyone
                            In Memoriam:
                            Cpl. Chad Wayne Powell
                            USMC
                            Killed in Action
                            Fallujah, Iraq
                            June 23, 2005

Comment

i shave with a mach 3 in the shower with Aveeno oatmeal shave cream. it doesnt do too bad, but i can only shave with that razor maybe twice a week, the rest of the time i use an electric. because i too get te irritation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4875 users online. 244 members and 4631 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X