Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Cars

Anyone into classic or muscle cars?
    I have a '72 Heavy Chevy Chevelle, 350 (which needs to be rebuit) 4-speed, and 10-bolt posi. Interior is black and exteroir is silver.
    I am currently attempting to restore the interior then buy a new crate engine (suggestions on what to buy).
    We intimidate those who intimidate others.

I have a 31 Ford Model A coupe delux, a 73 VW High roof Camper and a 73 VW Thing if those count. Not fast, but sure a lot of fun.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I too share love for American Muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. I have been looking for a 1969 1/2 dodge super bee for about 5 years now. I plan on doing a frame up restore. I have ran across 50 clones. Take your time and plan everything out. I thought I was going to rebuild the Super Bee to exact factory specs but all that changed when I went to a Mopar show and seen a 71 Cuda with up to date suspension and a 540 HEMI.................trying to calm down (getting butterflies) The guys were so cool they gave me test drives-BIG DIFFERENCE. That changed my mind ever since. Take plenty of pics and contact Year One. Now on the crate engines chevy has some good ones, the 502 and the 350 are the real deal. The best thing is this both will fit in your car. Dude I can go on and on, keep me posted on your plans. This will be good to see the progress.
      MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

I have a couple cars:

67 Chevelle 2 door coupe, 454 stroked, turbo 350 tranny, 12 bolt rear end w/373's, Cherry red with tan interior sittin on Chrome Creggers...

34 Packard 443, Super eight engine, 2 door doc's couple with a rumble seat. All ORIGINAL! Run and drives like new...

02 Yamaha R1... Stock and forsale!

Just sold my 70 GTO Judge... Wasn't a perfect car but it hauled ***...
        ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

Hutch you gets much respect.........Old skool Creagers, Those rims will always look good on a muscle car. How wide are the rear wheels?
          MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

When I bought the car the rims where on it... I believe they are 8" rims in the front and 10" in the rear... I really makes the car with the wider yet not outragously big tires in rear... More of Classic style. vs Drag Car...

I have to replace my rear springs in the chevelle, But I havn't yet cause it has a really cool look.. It sits really low in the rear, almost squats alittle.. When I put new ones in I know it will stand tall again..

I have a friend that is putting together a 70 charger right now... It is comming along VERY nice...
            ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

I don't have yet, but I would love any of the following
              66 Vette
              68 Camaro R/S
              83 Ferrari Testarossa
              RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Before buying a Ferrari, look at some of the Ferrari groups on the Internet. I was going to buy a 308 GTS (Magnum PI). Maintenance is staggering. I gave up that dream. 15,000 service on a Testarosa runs about $5000. I realize it is only a wish list.

Comment

When I was younger, I had the opertunity to buy a 69 Rs/SS Camero...
                  I didn't cause, I was young and stupid... The guy that owns it restored and put a stroked out 396 in it... That car is stupidly fast now... and looks HOT!!

Comment

Hutch... You ever go the River Run in Anoka on Saturday nights?
                    Car show that averages 500+ classic and muscle cars...
                    We intimidate those who intimidate others.

Comment

I have a 1957 Chevy Belair 4dr Sedan. Restored it from the time I was 13 to 16, a father/son project. Love that car.

Comment

Medici....

No I havn't been down there... I will have to check it out... In AZ we used to go the Pavilions on Indian Bend Rd in scottsdale every saturday night.. The guys from AZ know which place I am talking about... Hundreds of cars, bikes, buggy's, or whatever... Fun to hang out at...

Comment

I realize im not a sworn leo yet but im getting closer....but i thought i could contribute some to this. I am currently working on a 1965 Ford Mustang. Plans are for a fuelie 347 thats supercharged with a 5spd tranny. Also, my high school project was a 1975 Jeep CJ-5. Stock except for a lil lift, and I helped dad with his truck which is a 1955 Ford F-100. I love that truck its been in our family since it was new. My track toy is a 2000 F-150 Lightning. The only thing i have done to that is a tuner, my best time so far is 13.9 @ 98 mph.
                          si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

I ran across this site for Mopar Muscle www.texastoybox.com I must say these guys are the real deal and they do not sell clones. Only thing, they cant find me a black on black super bee.
                            Last edited by AMG; 07-08-2005, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hutch
                              When I was younger, I had the opertunity to buy a 69 Rs/SS Camero...
                              I didn't cause, I was young and stupid... The guy that owns it restored and put a stroked out 396 in it... That car is stupidly fast now... and looks HOT!!
                              How would you stroke out a 396? The only other crank you'd put in that is the one for a 454, turning the 396 into a 454 right?

I've got a 79 monte carlo with a 383 in it, a 700r4, and 3.23 posi. Once I get a chance, the 8.5" rear with 3.42's and a new top end are going to be put on.

I haven't been to the track, but I should break mid 13's with this setup, and low 13's with the new one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5308 users online. 266 members and 5042 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X