Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Places NOT to speed-large number of cops!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cincinnaticj7
    replied
    Well BODIE, I am going to take one big guess you are a Buckeyes fan? Also a decent area to speed in Ohio is I-71 between Columbus and Zanesville, OH. Nice rolling hills, hardly ever a trooper..but after Zanesville...watch out.

Leave a comment:

• Serpus2k2
    replied
    Originally posted by SinePari
    C'mon...it's Ohio...who really wants to go there?
    You can come up the Cleveland watch our river catch on fire!

Originally posted by Bodie
    That plate in OHIO is a Guaranteed Ticket ..... The Ohio Highway Patrol MANDATES all Michigan Drivers either get ticket or they get ticket ... Taught in the patrol's academy first day of classroom.
    I heard you double the fine if they have any University of Michigan insignia on their vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• Tattoo'd Angel
    replied
    That plate in OHIO is a Guaranteed Ticket ..... The Ohio Highway Patrol MANDATES all Michigan Drivers either get ticket or they get ticket ... Taught in the patrol's academy first day of classroom.
    **giggle**

Leave a comment:

• Bodie
    replied
    Michigan

Leave a comment:

• SinePari
    replied
    Originally posted by Stonie
    Being from Michigan, I can tell you that all MI drivers DREAD going into Ohio, no thanks to the retarded 55 MPH limits.
    C'mon...it's Ohio...who really wants to go there?

Leave a comment:

• oSutrooper
    replied
    Here lately they (OCPD) have been all over U.S. 77 (broadway ext). They speed limit is 60, but u have to do 70 to stay alive.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by Netopalis
    Try Kiowa Oklahoma and you will see what I mean on the speed limits . And Calvin 65 to 35 in under a mile. Yes the county does get a piece of it, but why are they so big in writting tickets in the first place then if they aren't using it for a source of income, and most of them will admit thats why they are so heavy in traffic stops? Uneducated for saying that? Umm sure whatever you want to think.
    i was thinking of kiowa as i read your post, but that s just one or two,,not ALL the pd's,,,dont know about calvin never been there,,ive not read any limitations on county roads but on state highways there are limitations to dropping the speed limit to avoid speed traps, so in that aspect, its not possible to go from 75 to 45. an being uneducated, not meaning that you dont know how to read , just not up to date on statutes , only a very small portion goes to city,,why do they work traffic hard, well like i said it is their job, and two im sure they are bored in the really small towns and probable dont know that most of the citation goes to the state or county.

Leave a comment:

• Stonie
    replied
    We write even GRANDMA ................................
    Ain't it the truth.

Being from Michigan, I can tell you that all MI drivers DREAD going into Ohio, no thanks to the retarded 55 MPH limits.

I'm sure Bodie isn't surprised if he pulls over a driver with MI plates.

Leave a comment:

• SinePari
    replied
    We did a SATURATION PATROL Thursday and Friday before the long 4th of July weekend. If you happened to be working "down stream", you'd get the car who'd been stopped 2 or 3 times before you get to them.

It got to the point when someone said "I just got stopped for the head light violation a few minutes ago." I'd reply with, "and you haven't fixed it yet?"

Leave a comment:

• Welpe
    replied
    As a rule, I don't speed. I will, however go slightly below the flow of traffic (in the slow lane or middle lanes) on I-80, I-5 and I-405 because if you don't, you're likely to get killed.

Leave a comment:

• Mid_Ohio_Po
    replied
    Originally posted by Serpus2k2
    Yeah, and I somehow got 480 confused with 71. But lately OSP has been doing radar on 480 and 71 so you gotta be careful no matter what.

My father got stopped in Linndale one time with his van full of guys from work (the PD) going to a Brown's game. It was a little before my time at the department, but from what I remember the officer noticed his shield, then asked him what his Chief would think about him receiving a cite. Pops told him, I dunno, why don't ya ask him, he's in the back.

Leave a comment:

• Serpus2k2
    replied
    Originally posted by Mid_Ohio_Po
    I JUST saw that after quoting 623...they're all over ya. If you're north on 71 past the W130 exit and traffic damn near stops you know Linndale's out.
    Yeah, and I somehow got 480 confused with 71. But lately OSP has been doing radar on 480 and 71 so you gotta be careful no matter what.

Leave a comment:

• Mid_Ohio_Po
    replied
    Originally posted by Serpus2k2
    Never speed in the little city of Linndale, Ohio. Especially on I-480
    I JUST saw that after quoting 623...they're all over ya. If you're north on 71 past the W130 exit and traffic damn near stops you know Linndale's out.

Leave a comment:

• Mid_Ohio_Po
    replied
    Originally posted by 6233108
    Cleveland Heights PD the whole city is a radar trap

What's the "town" on 71? Lyndale? That sound right? It's about a 200' section of 71 that gets hammered.

Leave a comment:

• Netopalis
    replied
    Originally posted by gotthblues
    he was talking about on I35,,not the turnpike,,,2nd- no were is the limit 75 except the turnpikes,,and it cant go from 75 to 45,,,im originally from se okla,,and im not sure where youre talking about the speed limit,,,,3rd- not all of them are cash machines,,,4th- the bulk of the $ from tickets goes to county offices (not city) and to the cleet (state academy). so saying that they write tickets just to get $,,well thats just uneducated...but yes some of them do work traffic hard,,,last time i checked, that was part of the job
    Try Kiowa Oklahoma and you will see what I mean on the speed limits . And Calvin 65 to 35 in under a mile. Yes the county does get a piece of it, but why are they so big in writting tickets in the first place then if they aren't using it for a source of income, and most of them will admit thats why they are so heavy in traffic stops? Uneducated for saying that? Umm sure whatever you want to think.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6447 users online. 364 members and 6083 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X