300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thayer123abc
    Im not really into books at all but we read this one in English Lit, and it was pretty decent...

"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime"

...off hand Im not too sure of the author....

hhmmm......curious.....
    stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

funny

Im not really into books at all but we read this one in English Lit, and it was pretty decent...

That does seem rather odd... Not into books but into Enlgish Lit...

Mike

Comment

WEB Griffin

I will happily second what mrkoje said about the Badge of Honor series by WEB Griffin. As well as the other series that he has written.
        Forgive your enemies. But never forget their names.
        - Pres. John F. Kennedy

Comment

I very much like James Webb's books, particularly his books set in Asia. I have just started rereading China Pilot by Felix Smith. If you are a pilot or interested in aviation, I recommend it. Finally, I have read Air America and The Ravens a couple of times.

Comment

So this is what that title line does...hmmm

I posted about this before so I hope I don
            Originally posted by FJDave
            GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
            "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

GM-

Thanks for posting that book again, I had completely forgotten about it but now remember wanting to check it out. Edit: I just looked on Amazon and the closest title I could find was "Thomas Cochrane the True Story of a Fight Sea Captain" by Robert Harvey is this the same book?

So I went on a bit of a book buying spree last night. I bought "Under and Alone", "Blue Blood" and "I Love a Cop" on Amazon for $40 all together, including free shipping. I went to Borders last night and started thumbing through "Under and Alone" and thought it looked really interesting. The $25 price tag made me hesitate though, and I decided to check out Amazon instead.

My summer reading list is suddenly full.
              Last edited by Welpe; 07-16-2005, 11:26 PM.
              Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

I have just finished the new harry potter, I quite enjoyed it although it does leave you hanging.

I have been reading some South African war books, that are quite interesting.

http://www.galago.co.za/author_pstiff.htm

The Covert War: Koevoet Operations in Namibia: 1979-1989
                by Peter Stiff

The mostly untold story of Koevoet
                If you run, you'll only go to jail tired

Comment

Real Estate for the Small Investor was a good book. Opened my eyes and wallet to the market.

TGY
                  Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

The author is Mark Haddon, and it's an excellent book.
                    All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Buttercup
                      The author is Mark Haddon, and it's an excellent book.

okay okay.....but I am STILL curious! lol what is it about??

chat room

Comment

Originally posted by Isla_
                        okay okay.....but I am STILL curious! lol what is it about??

Lol, here's a link that can describe it more comprehensively than I could. It's a great read...definitely worth buying. Enjoy!

http://mostlyfiction.com/contemp/haddon.htm
                        All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

I need a suggestion for a book to read. I am in my Patricia Cornwell stage and love the books, but need a little laughter. Any suggestions?
                          I dont like romance novels unless they are old classics like Wuthering Heights...thats too deep for me at the moment.
                          A book about raising children that is humorous would be great. I loved Babyhood by Paul Riser even before I had a child; naturally it was funnier after I had a child.
                          Anything like that out there?

Comment

Sorry, no humorous books about raising children come to mind...I spend WAY too much time bogged down in keeping up to date by reading medical junk But if you just want to laugh may I suggest any of the collections of short stories by Jean Shepherd.

Comment

Originally posted by countrydoc
                              Sorry, no humorous books about raising children come to mind...I spend WAY too much time bogged down in keeping up to date by reading medical junk But if you just want to laugh may I suggest any of the collections of short stories by Jean Shepherd.
                              Tell me more

Comment

Styx, I thought of a book called "So you are going to be a Dad" I don't remember the author. I don't think it is quite what you have in mind, but it is soooo funny I frequently would laugh till I couldn't breathe anymore..... The authors story of a friend taking pleasure in telling her male version of birthing is so funny and descriptive that my hubbie crosses his legs in pain lol It's just a fun read

chat room

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3910 users online. 266 members and 3644 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X