Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished a book called First In. It is about the CIA going into Afghanistan 9 days after 9-11 and spearheading the war on terrorism. I highly recommend it!

Comment

the rogue warrior series by richard marcinko is really good. no lights no sirens is supposed to be awesome. william queen wrote a good book about his undercover work inside the rogue motorcycle gang but i cant remember the title. all those are excellent books.

Comment

On Combat by LT. COl. Dave Grossman and loren christenson

Americas toughest sheriff (sheriff Joe Aprio)

Turner Diaries (for research purposes only)

Comment

well right now pretty much any book over 20 pages is being put on hold right now in favor of 2 russian phrase books....gots ta learn me some russian
          stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

Originally posted by HCSO511
            the rogue warrior series by richard marcinko is really good.

Read the first 4 and lost interest. They are all parallel "fictional" stories laced with facts and full of colorful language. Not bad at all, just too similar to each other. The first is a definate must read though.
            " (T)o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.... " Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by Highwaystreets
              i've heard good things about "no lights, no sirens" or something to that extent. its about one of the most decorated NYPD officers and how he went from corrupt to good again, i'm going out tommorow to get it
              http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/item.a...n=books&zxac=1
              its a canadian link

Its pretty good. It loses steam around the 3/4 mark, but all in all, it's a good read. It's mainly about him being corrupt. His move back into being clean was all of 20 pages. Still, it's a fun read.

"Blue Blood" by Edward Conlon is a great book. I'm about halfway done and it's been pretty good. I expected a hard read, being that he graduated from Harvard, but it's been the opposite.

Comment

David Grossmans On Killing was an interesting read. Not interesting to read per se but the subject matter and conclusions were enlightening.
                I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

"Why didn't you put that out on the radio?"
                "I don't know Sarge, I guess I got caught up in the moment"
                "The MOMENT is when we F--king need you!" - K-9 Sgt Myhre to unidentified Officer

In Valor there is Hope

Comment

Justinian
                  History of Rome
                  The Grass Crown
                  Liberalism is a Mental Disorder
                  Plato - The Republic
                  Liberalism is a mental disorder
                  -Resistance implies Guilt-

Comment

Originally posted by Mraughh
                    Justinian
                    History of Rome
                    The Grass Crown
                    Liberalism is a Mental Disorder
                    Plato - The Republic

The Grass Crown??sound interesting....tell me more

chat room

Comment

i finished an excellent book last week called "criminal seduction" by darian north. it was one of those books that when i was finished i "missed" the characters like i had known them personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Isla_
                        The Grass Crown??sound interesting....tell me more
                        The grass crown is the first in a series of the last days of the Republic. Primarily it deals with Lucius Sulla and Gaius Marius and their ties to the Julii family, and continues through five books leading to Augustus being crowned emperor. The books are fictional but based on historical fact, the fiction being the thought processes of the characters in the books. As a bit of useless trivia, The grass crown was the highest award that could be given to a Roman soldier. The crown was woven from the grass on the battlefield by fellow soldiers and given to the recipient. To be awarded a GC, you had to literaly save the army from destruction. When caesar became dictator, he passed a law that anyone awarded a grass crown would be given a seat in the senate and could wear his award. Consider it like our medal of honor, magnified by a factor of ten. Colleen McCullough is the author.
                        Grass Crown, The first man in Rome, Caesars women, Caesar, The october horse, fortunes favorites is the series.

Comment

Best Series: Badge of Honor by W.E.B Griffin

W.E.B. Griffin has one series (of many) called "Badge of Honor" which has 8 books in total.

They are very good books depicting the lives of many cops in Philidelphia. I am not a cop yet (hopfully soon, pending the BG investigation) but I think they are realistic enough. Anybody that wants to get sucked into a series might as well give the first book, "Men In Blue" a try. I also recommend his other series called "The Corps" for many of my brother Marines out there.

http://www.webgriffin.com/badge.html

http://www.webgriffin.com/corp.html

Comment

Mruaghh......that sounds great! I am finding that I am drawn to books during that era (and movies of course like Gladiator and King Arthur) King Arthur was fun in the sense that I recognized the time period and other little details from reading "How the Irish Saved Civilization." The roman times were facinatiing on so many different levels. I will have to look into that series

chat room

Comment

Originally posted by Isla_
                              Mruaghh......that sounds great! I am finding that I am drawn to books during that era (and movies of course like Gladiator and King Arthur) King Arthur was fun in the sense that I recognized the time period and other little details from reading "How the Irish Saved Civilization." The roman times were facinatiing on so many different levels. I will have to look into that series
                              Then you'd like Jack Whytes series about King Arthurs Britan. It follows the thought like the movie King Arthur, except Camulod was founded by Romans right before the legions left around 400 A.D.

Comment

Im not really into books at all but we read this one in English Lit, and it was pretty decent...

"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime"

...off hand Im not too sure of the author....
                                Dont wait...Procrastinate now!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3106 users online. 209 members and 2897 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X