Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e-man...I was going to ask if anyone had read "The Making of a Cop". I read that YEARS ago, when I was about 13. I don't remember much about the details of it, but I remember that I liked how real it seemed, like I was right there with the recruits as they went through the academy. I have been thinking about it recently, I might want to read it again, just to see how my perspective it different now that I am sooooo much older.
    stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller
      10 Little Ladybugs but Melanie Gerth

don't ask

we just had our sons' birthday party and he got that book lol

chat room

Comment

Welpe, I have been spending an hour or so at a time looking at that website you posted, Snopes.com. craaaazy stuff!

chat room

Comment

Don't get sucked in, you'll find 5 hours have disappeared from the clock.
          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Bodie Theone & C.J. Box

Two of my favorite fiction authors. I especially liked the two series Theone did: Zion Covenent and Zion Chronicles. Historical fiction set during WWII. C.J. Box writes interesting fiction based on a Game Warden in WY. I like it for the escape value, but they are very well done.

I also read "Without a Badge" and it is a great book into the work of JS. I'm gonna go check out a few of the others mentioned here from the library if they have them. Reading is very important to me and I'm always looking for a new one. I'll definately look for some more to share.
            " (T)o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.... " Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe

no kidding!!

chat room

Comment

The Complete SHerlock Holmes, vol 1 by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

man this is good! I never read anything other the The Hounds of Baskerville.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller
                  10 Little Ladybugs but Melanie Gerth

don't ask
                  Good book...the Butterflies one is good also.

Comment

Gates of Fire,Gettysburg(newt gingrich),The Last Full Measure,Killer Angels,anything by John Connolly.Lee Child,Michael Connelly,David Gemmell.

Comment

Originally posted by Highwaystreets
                      i've heard good things about "no lights, no sirens" or something to that extent. its about one of the most decorated NYPD officers and how he went from corrupt to good again, i'm going out tommorow to get it
                      http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/item.a...n=books&zxac=1
                      its a canadian link
                      i'm about 40 pages into it, and i am hooked. it is an awesome book so far. hope to finish it off soon

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe

LOL So true
                        "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                        Not Yet Visited: 16
                        Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

I am reading " Bubbles Unbound" by Sarah Strohmeyer.

I also have read some of Janet Evanovich's books

When I am not reading "Bubbles Unbound". I am reading my LE Book.
                          "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                          Not Yet Visited: 16
                          Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

I am reading Last Precinct by Patricia Cornwell. I just finished Black Notice which is the one that sets up the general plot for the one I am reading. So far so good...I need to read something without so much crime and blood...starting to make me paranoid.

Comment

Under and Alone -true story of undercover ATF agent
                              Shooter-true story of top ranked marine sniper
                              Gift of Fear
                              RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

"His Excellency: George Washington" by Joseph J. Ellis. An excellent bio of our 1st president.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4058 users online. 283 members and 3775 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X