Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Mr. Rogers was never in the military. Check it out on www.snopes.com
    Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

well thanks for nothing welpe!! lol I bookmarked that site cause I want to see how many others stories I am telling people.........
      stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

The new Harry Potter comes out soon! I admit, I am addicted.....

Otherwise all I can offer is my Dept Policy Manual....
        She wants someone to call her angel, Someone to put the light back in her eyes...

In honor of: Cpl Chad Powell USMC Killed In Action Fallujah, Iraq June 23, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Isla_
          So, what did you get out of it?? What impacted you the most?? What moral lessons were taught/learned? lol
          IT REMINDED ME WHY I HATE CATS.

Comment

I recently read "Gates of Fire: An Epic Novel of the Battle of Thermoplae." The book is fiction; however, it's based on the historic battle of the Spartans at Thermoplae in 480 BC. I could not put the book down. If you want to read about "old school" warriors this is the book. The Spartans were a warrior society and they were fearless soldiers. I highly recommend it.

Regards,

Phoenix
            Phoenix

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself." ~Thomas Paine

Comment

Wifey just read "The sex lives of Cannibals" its about a guy that goes to the Pacific coast island of Tarwa or something like that. He lvies with the Caribe's people and I dont know, she just said its incredible. No electricity, no real toilets. She is into these types of books. Me, I read the latest issues of MAXIM and FHM I will buy the Under and ALone book with that ATF agent. Sounds great.
              I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by wayno1806
                How about an article. "Sheep, Sheepdog, and Wolves" by LTC Grossman. Must read article if you are interested in law enforcement.

If you want a copy e.mail me at [email protected]
                www.****************************
                It's in his book Living the Martial Way, required reading for any cop, IMO.
                You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

I'm reading Dan Brown's books (so far DaVinci Code. Angels and Demons, and Deception Point). The pace of these books is amazing. They are great.
                  Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Buttercup
                    "Lamb: the Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal," by Christopher Moore. This is a great book, very funny, very thought provoking, and not blasphemous at all.
                    I've read all of Christopher Moore's books.... they are all excellent. Laugh out loud funny. Patiently awaiting a new one.
                    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                    and I'm not sure about the former.
                    -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

i've heard good things about "no lights, no sirens" or something to that extent. its about one of the most decorated NYPD officers and how he went from corrupt to good again, i'm going out tommorow to get it
                      http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/item.a...n=books&zxac=1
                      its a canadian link

Comment

10 Little Ladybugs but Melanie Gerth

don't ask
                        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Oh, as a family we read (or was read to) The Chronicles of Narnia and now for bedtime reading we are working on The Lord of the Rings.
                          Tolkein is alot more wordy than Lewis, at least in the Chronicles of Narnia, so it takes a little more concentration for me to read out loud, but I think my son is too young to even care right now.

I need to start writing down the titles of these books you guys are recommending, they sound great
                          stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

I hate cop books but this is without a doubt the best book I've ever read, and the best way for a noncop to try and understand what you do:

Homicide by David Simon

You can't read the first two pages and then walk away from it. A great read for cops and noncops.

Band of Brothers is an extraordinary book and should not be missed.

DaVinci Code was a very well written book, it was impossible to put down.

Another Cop book but interesting "The Underground Empire" by James Mills. It is a thick book and the first 80 pages or so are very slow and rough. If you can get by that you will have a very well written book.
                            We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
                            For he today that sheds his blood with me
                            Shall be my brother - Henry V

"Why didn't you put that out on the radio?"
                            "I don't know, I guess I got caught up in the moment Sarge"
                            "The MOMENT is when we F--king need you!" - K-9 Sgt Myhre to unidentified Officer

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Comment

Jarhead by Anthony Swofford.
                              " It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me."

Comment

Originally posted by adavidh304
                                I hate cop books but this is without a doubt the best book I've ever read, and the best way for a noncop to try and understand what you do:

Homicide by David Simon

You can't read the first two pages and then walk away from it. A great read for cops and noncops.
                                Gotta back you on Homicide, it was the basis for the TV show, Simon also wrote a book called The Corner- same premise but he followed some families that deal dope in W. Balto and it was very well written, also made into an HBO 6 part miniseries with Charles ROC S. Dutton who grew up in Balto. I love cop books even after 10 yurs of this stuff. I might get "Blue Blood" by Ed Conlon, retired NYPD detective, comes from a family of cops. I loved "Brooklyn Bounce" and "The making of a Cop" and "the making of a Detective"
                                I got nothing for now

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4672 users online. 315 members and 4357 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X