300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to class reunion (20th)

Was pretty interesting. Not exceptionally fun or exciting, but an interesting time nonetheless. Some of the chicks who were hotties back in the day had blown up beyond recognition, while others were obviously late bloomers, and were mouth watering fine now. You could see that some had led hard lives by how much they'd aged.

Equally funny was seeing the former jocks and pretty boys now resembling real life Al Bundys, and a couple of playboy types being domesticated with (and in a few cases... dominated by) wives, kids, religion, etc..

It really amazed me how the same cliques were still there at the party, 20 years after high school. You'd think people would've grown outta that mindset by now, but...

I really got a kick out or ladies who'd been very popular back in the day, but hadn't aged particularly well, nor accomplished much of anything since then, still trying to act as if their $h!t didn't stink lol. I'm thinking "Hey! I wasn't trying to hit on you... I just stopped to say hi" My tolerance for such crap has virtually disappeared since high school too, so I just said "Well... nice seeing you again" and walked away. Get over yourself already jeez! You went from looking like Halle Berry to looking like Aunt Esther!

There was one really bizarre and uncomfortable moment. We had a classmate go up to sing a song, and during his monologue (sp?) tell how he'd been molested and abused as a child, but had used his music as "therapy". You should've seen the looks on everyone's faces when he was saying this lol. A mixture of disbelief, sadness, and horror. A class reunion just isn't the time nor place for this type of admission as far as I'm concerned.

I was one of the few unmarried and childless people there. Most of the girls I'd dated who showed up now have kids and some are married, but most were still very flirty. I was flattered, but I'd kinda romanticized them in my mind (remembering them forever as young, beautiful girls) and seeing some of them looking bad now was kinda sad to me.

Seeing some of the "geeks" who'd been picked on and/or teased mercilessly getting the last laugh was cool though as most of them seemed successful and happy now. One girl I'd dated in particular made me proud. She got taunted by other girls back in high school, and I got taunted for dating her (she was kinda nerdy and didn't dress too sharp, but was a cute, sweet girl) but now she looks amazing (tight body, stylish, and confident). She was glowing from all the attention and compliments she got and I was happy for her.

I ended up getting bored after a couple of hours (I'd already caught up with everyone I cared about) and hit a local nightclub. A young cutie said "Whoa... you're looking good! What's the occassion?" I told her my 20th class reunion, and she looked shocked (you could see her doing the math in her head) and said "Damn... you're old" and walked off. Lol, I wanted to strangle her ***!

Cool - thanks for sharing
    My 10 year was last year, but i chose not go. I knew the cliques would still exist and i know a lot of the old hotties are tired and haggard now. It's sort of sad in a sick, sadistic, and oddly satisfying way.

I figure i may go to my 20th. Be interesting to see people, but it's not something i'm dying to do. The 1 or two good friends i had then, i keep in touch with now - everyone else i could care less about.

btw, you are NOT old! lol

Comment

I didn't bother going to my 10th, as I didn't really care for too many of the people back when I was IN high school, and the ones I did care about, I kept in touch with. However, my hubby went to his (he was a late bloomer, and wound up getting a LOT of attention) but at the time he was with his first wife. He's looking forward to his 20th now, and is talking about taking me with him for the "shock and awe" factor. Rumor has it that I'm a dramatic improvement over his first wife, both physically and intillectually. It's kind of neat for me in that my normally very laid back, humble hubby wants to show me off.

I'm very glad you had a good time at your 20th, and I agree, the little twit should be reminded of her words when she's 38 and someone calls her "old." Of course, by then she won't be so much of a hottie either, and it's more devistating for a woman to hear that remark. Revenge will be served, it will just be very cold.
      STFU! Another great suggestion from the same mind that brought you "Kiss my butt" and "Leave me alone"

Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardhead
        We had a classmate go up to sing a song, and during his monologue (sp?) tell how he'd been molested and abused as a child, but had used his music as "therapy". You should've seen the looks on everyone's faces when he was saying this lol. A mixture of disbelief, sadness, and horror. A class reunion just isn't the time nor place for this type of admission as far as I'm concerned.

Nothing says "let's get this party started" like a tale of child sexual abuse.
        "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!'"

Comment

If the school I attended had a 20th it would have been last year. I was hoping they would have had set up something.
          There was some unfinished business I would have loved to complete.
          "The policeman is sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for he will will have you punished. He is sent by God for that very purpose" - Rom 13:4

Comment

Originally posted by Twelve Volt Man
            Nothing says "let's get this party started" like a tale of child sexual abuse.
            Is it wrong to laugh at that??? omg that was funny..

Comment

The funny thing about the young rude girl was that she was flirting with me until I said that. Too bad she didn't stick around. I would've gladly shown her the difference between a young kid and a grown man. Maybe she'd appreciate having an "encounter" that you couldn't track with a stop watch for once huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardhead
                The funny thing about the young rude girl was that she was flirting with me until I said that. Too bad she didn't stick around. I would've gladly shown her the difference between a young kid and a grown man. Maybe she'd appreciate having an "encounter" that you couldn't track with a stop watch for once huh?
                Having been on the receiving end of both speed and experience, I'll tell you that stopwatches have their place.... just not in the bedroom, living room, bathroom, front yard, back yard, pool, etc., etc.
                STFU! Another great suggestion from the same mind that brought you "Kiss my butt" and "Leave me alone"

Why not?

Comment

HardHead that was a great comment going from looking like Hallie Berry to Aunt Esther (LMAO)

Comment

I skipped my 10th year reunion even though I was in town at the time visiting my mother. I hated high school and I had no desire to relive it. The best part of my non reunion was about a year later when I found out that I was one of only two who didn't show and that so many were "disappointed" that they didn't get a 100% attendance. As you might guess, I loved it that I spoiled the attendance and I'm still ecstatic that my boycott was the best FU that I possibly could have given them.

Comment

i went to the 10th and signed up for all the nonsense they were
                      selling etc, never received a call or card from anyone.....
                      i'll have the last laugh....i retire...the same year as my 30th...
                      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

I went to a party the night before my 10th....hell with the actual reunion, there was no 15th and 3 years away from #20....The best part is seeing all those stuck up bitches from HS that were hot back then but now are butt fugly,fat,homely,several kids,divorced once or twice and are now just str8 up trailor trash...

I love it,that makes my day.....All the guys are pretty much the same,it's the girls I laugh at.....

It's like....ohhhhhh,how have you been?....I'm like....man I'm doing really well in life,now get away from me you dirtbag.
                        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

My 10th was kind of a let-down, the 20th, much better-everyone was more relaxed and it was in a casual environment. But yes, some of the people hadn't changed....
                          What I hate admitting is that I've been to my 20 year reunion!

Comment

I'm sooooo old that I went to my 30th a couple of years ago. There were only 90 people in my class. I agree that a lot of the "babes" in high school are now more "Babe the Blue Ox." It was that way at my 10th reunion also. There were also a couple of jocks that had evidentally peaked in high school and life has gone downhill since then. A couple were dead from car accidents and alcohol related illnesses. One is a research scientist at Mayo clinic, and a couple still live and work on the family farm. Some have never traveled out of the state, while another is a free lance photographer that has taken pictures in every "Hotspot" in the world. She's had pictures published in several national magazines. My biggest suprise when I went to my 10th was that I was voted "The Person that Changed the Most," because I was about 4 inches taller, a little lighter, and wasn't in prison!
                            Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

I just went to my 20th during the July 4th weekend. There were 33 in my graduating class and only about 20 of us were there. It was fun....the guys overall changed more than the girls. Balding, exanding waist....we had fun teasing them about it. We had fun looking at pictures and telling stories and just remembering. My husband even had a good time since the class was so small and he did not have to meet too many new people. My daughter cried when we left the last event, which was a BBQ at a classmates house. She played with his daughter the whole time....got into some trouble, etc. It was classic since he and I were pretty sneaky in high school and would cause trouble but never got caught...HMMMPH..payback.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3541 users online. 188 members and 3353 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X