300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "For the LE community only..."

With all of the people recently taking a stand on the "Ask A Cop" forum being only for police officers to answer, I thought I would take a stand on "Off-Duty Discussion."

Obviously this forum is also only for law enforcement officers. Just look at the description. It is for the LE community only. Clearly the public is NOT fit to discuss sports and movies.

Secondly, it is titled "Off-Duty Discussion." Because non-LE are never on-duty, how can we ever be off-duty?

These irresponsible posting practices must end NOW!
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

this is sorta funny...but I...need like a voice to put with it....maybe....OH OH OH you need to change your avatar to like R Lee Ermy yeah that would be cool
    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by squad51
      this is sorta funny...but I...need like a voice to put with it....maybe....OH OH OH you need to change your avatar to like R Lee Ermy yeah that would be cool
      Haha, Vic Mackey is ALMOST as intimidating as R. Lee Ermey.

Comment

Originally posted by Puget Sound
        Haha, Vic Mackey is ALMOST as intimidating as R. Lee Ermey.
        Nah..vic is a *****......He doesn't HAVE THE VOICE

Comment

Nah..vic is a *****......He doesn't HAVE THE VOICE
          Hahahaha, oh God...I just had to of course, as I'm sure you did, try to say "HAVE THE VOICE" in the Ermey voice. It didn't work out. I just can't do it.

Comment

ok vic has 'da look' but no voice

Comment

Originally posted by Puget Sound
              With all of the people recently taking a stand on the "Ask A Cop" forum being only for police officers to answer, I thought I would take a stand on "Off-Duty Discussion."

Obviously this forum is also only for law enforcement officers. Just look at the description. It is for the LE community only. Clearly the public is NOT fit to discuss sports and movies.

Secondly, it is titled "Off-Duty Discussion." Because non-LE are never on-duty, how can we ever be off-duty?

These irresponsible posting practices must end NOW!
              I was just wondering about the same thing the other day.....maybe it's a subtle way of saying "go away"....... I dont' really feel the love right now....
              stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

Off Duty was originally under the "Officers Only" section with the above quoted description. It was moved to the "Public Forums" section but the description remained the same.

Besides, it's not like many non-sworn members here obey the rules anyways.
                Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

ok vic has 'da look' but no voice
                  Squad, I've been meaning to tell you that's a great avatar. Are you a big Anderson fan, or just like the show?
                  Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                  Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

Originally posted by Creeker
                    Squad, I've been meaning to tell you that's a great avatar. Are you a big Anderson fan, or just like the show?
                    Agree 100% Creeker, and SG-1 is a phenominal show.

Oh, Welpe, I do try to obey..
                    STFU! Another great suggestion from the same mind that brought you "Kiss my butt" and "Leave me alone"

Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Soleil_nuage
                      I don't know. I agree that if you're not a cop, you shouldn't answer questions posed to cops, so as to not create a misimpression that you are really a cop answering the questions. As a civilian, it seems reasonable to me. If one feels compelled to say something, it's only fair that one idenfies clearly that one is not a cop, so that the questioner knows. I only feel strongly about the Ask A Cop section and the Squad Room. Everything else seems fair game. IMHO.

Soleil,

I agree that non-LEOs should NEVER pretend to be otherwise, but I have to say, many times the comments or answers that I read in the Ask A Cop room from Non-LEOs are funny and can be very informative. Much for the same reasons that there are no mods here, this LEO forum does a great job of 'policing' everyone. The majority of us know who is (as far as anyone can tell) a LEO, and so we know the deal.

Otherwise if a newbie asks a question, you know damn well the question is gonna be one of the really basic repetitive ones, that most people stay away from anyway.

I just don't see the harm in non-LEOs posting in the ask a cop section, especially if they are adding humor, or a subject matter expertise. I was also very pleased to see that many LEOs here couldn't care less about it. I really don't see how If I were a LEO I would give two craps about non-LEOs posting sublime things that don't matter anyway.

Good times.

Comment

Well - where is the 'NO LEO' section??? Wahhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhh

Ok - done bein' a smart ***.

Comment

Originally posted by LovnTheFuzz
                          Well - where is the 'NO LEO' section??? Wahhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhh

Ok - done bein' a smart ***.
                          Try www.nothingtodowithcops.com
                          Still leading the team in PIMs, the fans are calling me a goon.
                          --------------------
                          This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a... car of some sort, heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSix5
                            Bad URL

Comment

Originally posted by LovnTheFuzz
                              Bad URL
                              then try www.noleosallowed.com

Its an even better site. Lots of tips there.
                              Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                              Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                              Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4954 users online. 299 members and 4655 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X