300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living Near Power Lines

We are looking at a new house that is just built the way we want except it has high voltage power lines near, Within 100 yards. Anybody hear bad things about this type of location etc????

Like cell phones, lapel mics and everything else you'll hear conflicting stories/studies about this. I have lived near Power Lines for four years and have not noticed anything to be concerned about. What "negative" studies I have heard about have been deemed inconclusive.
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
      We are looking at a new house that is just built the way we want except it has high voltage power lines near, Within 100 yards. Anybody hear bad things about this type of location etc????
      Just that every time you go out don't forget to wear your aluminum foil hat.

Kelly

We are the thin blue line
      between you
      and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Power lines

Like stated above, you can find studies saying EMF causes cancer, and then there are studies to refute that finding.

I would imagine you could get ice storms in your area. If these are routed on metal towers, I've seen miles of them peel over like dominoes from ice. Nice mess, and for a long time.

And, just in case, the tin foil suggestion might be appropriate!

Comment

How many power lines and how far from your house are you talking about????

Comment

We used to live about .2 miles from a string of high voltage lines. We had been there for 5 years when my son was diagnosed with leukemia. One of my first questions for his Dr. was regarding the power lines. She said the studies she had seen had not proven a link. However those same power lines went near a school where several teachers had developed cancer. The officials said there was no relation, just coincidence. So all the studies say no but I'm not so sure.
            Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
              We used to live about .2 miles from a string of high voltage lines. We had been there for 5 years when my son was diagnosed with leukemia. One of my first questions for his Dr. was regarding the power lines. She said the studies she had seen had not proven a link. However those same power lines went near a school where several teachers had developed cancer. The officials said there was no relation, just coincidence. So all the studies say no but I'm not so sure.
              If I were you I would keep looking into this,also alot of subdivisons have been built over toxic waste dumps without knowledge to the property owners have you considered going to a newspaper reporter about your suspicions,You might want to consider it?

Comment

Originally posted by ProCop75
                If I were you I would keep looking into this,also alot of subdivisons have been built over toxic waste dumps without knowledge to the property owners have you considered going to a newspaper reporter about your suspicions,You might want to consider it?
                Never gave it much thought to pursue it. At the time all my attention was on getting him better. We have since moved (not because of the power lines) and he just celebrated his 4 yr anniversary of being off chemo so I'm just happy to have him here.
                Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
                  Never gave it much thought to pursue it. At the time all my attention was on getting him better. We have since moved (not because of the power lines) and he just celebrated his 4 yr anniversary of being off chemo so I'm just happy to have him here.
                  Iam happy for you and your little Boy,About 25 yrs ago a Chemical Company in Memphis,Tn Vercol Chemical had dumped toxic wasted in 55 gallon drums that contimanated the soil near a subdivision,You know out of sight out of mind out in a country field and years later a Subdivision was built nearby.Unknowing to the property owners until the city health Dept investigated and sent soil samples off to State Lab for analaysis it showed up toxic high levels

Comment

I live right by highwire lines going down to Madison,WI area.The highwires do not cause any problems here,They do however attracked lighting. Our neigbor's barn burnt down and the other way a neighbor house was struck by lighting. If you do buy this house, make sure you have good lighting rods for your house and garage or shed.I have not seen or heard of anything from anybody on anything else including health problems. Our lines make a sound every so often and we have some tester guys fly over at least once a month in a plane or helicopter...They make more niose then the line does,So you won't have to worry about anything.We also have the gas lines next to them and they are ok and have Wisconisn gas line guys to check them also.So with all that said, I think you will be just fine!

Comment

I live near them...the giant towers with all the wires...the ones that come directly from the power plant...i guess that's what you're talking about. They are about 1/4 mile from me.

I dont get cellphone reception here, or very good radio reception, or ANY TV reception without cable. But i dont know if its because of the wires, or just the country location.

Comment

Bodie, this is a concern my uncle had before moving into his condo on the St. Clair River separating the U.S. from Canada. There are some high voltage lines spanning the river almost directly over his house.

He got a good price on the house as a result.

Check this out --> http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...opics/emf.html

It lists a bunch of references at the bottom if you want to do your own research on it.

Comment

You may want to buy a electrical ome meter? They can test the electrical waves in the air..This is not funny now....... Don't laugh!!Ghost hunters use these to see if there is a lot of electrical interference in the area...I know it sounds funny, but it seems to work for just that kind of stuff!Just go to one of those sites and read that information.Also a radio active device that say's if you have a lot of radiation from the lines.Also there are people who can test the area to see if there is a lot of electrical current going out into the ground and also in the air! We have had some testing by the wires about a year ago! I went and asked what they were doing and thati s what they told me! I was actually checking if they were doing some type of snooping for a terrorist type of act and they told be no!I know when I metal detect under them high wires my machine sounds wierd and you can also reck the machine too!They where checking for ground noise and sound from the wires and the leaking voltage.

Comment

I have read all of that stuff already.Your television and computer puts out a lot of radiation and electrical curent also.Ground radiation is bad too ..should have a tester in the basement for that.I have to go we are all of asudden having a thunder storm...and a thunder storm can take out your computer! so good night and good luck!Now thats really weird too! talking of electrical currents and now this!

Comment

. I lived my first 18 years adjacent some major power lines. No problems yet, yet, yet yet yet....................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4216 users online. 222 members and 3994 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X