Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles activities?

yo yo yo, going to LA
    Last edited by BayCityBrawler; 07-20-2006, 09:34 PM.

Originally posted by BayCityBrawler
    I am going to LA in July. Can anyone give me any info on what to do, see, or the nightlife? Besides your normal stuff like Disney or Hollywood. Anything would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Yeah here's one be sure and enjoy Riding the Recent EarthQuake just don't be on those double decker freeways when it Occurs

Comment

Originally posted by BayCityBrawler
      I am going to LA in July. Can anyone give me any info on what to do, see, or the nightlife? Besides your normal stuff like Disney or Hollywood. Anything would be appreciated. Thanks!
      Baseball game @ Dodger Stadium

Angel Game @ Angel Stadium

Chris Isaak Pacific Ampatheatre July 30

Orange County Fair

The Huntington International Surfing Musuem features concerts on the beach or at the museum every other Sunday featuring some of the big name surf bands. Concerts are free. The show on July 24 features some of the finest surf guitar players on the planet. http://www.surfingmuseum.org/events/events.html

Spend a night in an oceanfront hotel/motel in Laguna Beach. Walk around the town, window shop, enjoy the beaches.

Universal Studios & City Walk is fun except it will be crowded & very warm.

Comment

Thanks Stan, those were helpful. Anything more would be good.

Comment

You can always play "Name that gang banger" or one of my favorites is to try and find a 7-11 not run by an Indian or Pakistani.
          If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

I always enjoy going to hole in the wall mexican food places. The Aquarium of the Pacific is a nice time down in Long Beach. The Gene Autry Museum is awsome. Venice Beach if great for freak watching. I really like going to the LA County Coroner's gift shop, no, serious, they have one and it is awsome. We have a big King Tut thing going on over at the LA Museum of Art. The Peterson Automotive Museum is one of the best in the country. The Nethercutt collection is probably the best in the country http://www.nethercuttcollection.org/index2.html

Plenty of stuff to do out here, my only word of warning is to not try and do it all, CA will still be here for another visit. Take your time and rest a little on the beach.
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I already live near the beach, I wouldn't mind going to the piers but as for the beaches I'm not going. Any places to eat you all could suggest? I like odd ball stuff too.

Comment

Why don't you log on to The Food network.com and check out Rachel Ray's $40 a day program she knows where to find oddball places to eat its worth a try (IMO)

Comment

I meant I like the oddball activities not oddball places to eat. I would venture into those however. What are the area's to stay away from, except Compton and South LA? Should I conceal carry? Where should I go for the nightlife thats not ghetto?

Comment

Check out Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and Malibu Beach on the Pacific Ocean,

Comment

Your covered by 218, why not carry. Rule of thumb in LA county is if you see bars on the windows you shouldn't be there w/o a patrol car. As far as odd ball things, I think my recommednation to see the Coroner gift shop is about as odd ball as it gets. Areas to stay away from, North Long beach up to the 10 in LA and all of east LA (except the Coroner.) All the beach cities are nice as is most of Orange County. Their is really so much to do that it is rather hard to make recommendations for you. Are you bringing kids? How much cash are you looking at spending?
                      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

not to soon their paco
                        Last edited by BayCityBrawler; 07-21-2006, 01:35 AM.

Comment

200$ a day and splitting the hotel costs, you'll be sitting fat. Since you were possibly considering CA LE, you might plan in advance for a ride along w/ LAPD or LASD. It will give you a good idea what our officers put up with on a daily basis and if you really want to come out here.

Comment

LOL Maybe you will luck out and get stuck in freeway traffic for hours on end.

Comment

That is a good bet, rush hour traffic 5am to 10pm, LOL!

Originally posted by tew27
                              LOL Maybe you will luck out and get stuck in freeway traffic for hours on end.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8160 users online. 215 members and 7945 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X