Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some observations from a Coke fiend...

Coca-Cola fiend, that is!

If you are a die-hard Pepsi head go away and turn off the flamethrower.

I have been a loyal drinker of the Nectar of the Gods ever since the day I was born. Seriously...I have a picture of my father holding me hours after I was born with a Coke in one hand. He had put a little on his pinkie finger and let me have a taste.

I have made a few observations over the years and thought I would share them with my fellow LEOs:

1. McDonald's Coke is by far the best tasting Coke you can buy. I believe they have their own special recipe and I think I have figured out the secret ingredient: cinnamon. That's right, CINNAMON. Go out and buy a McD's Coke and taste for yourself.

2. It is not a secret that different regions of the World and USA have different recipes...climate is a factor. This being said, the second best tasting Coke is found in the Mexican Foods aisle of your grocery store in large, obviously recycled, bottles. Damn fine Coke that is.

3. Nothing beats a plate of Doritos with spooned-on Frito brand jalapeno and cheddar dip microwaved for 3 minutes and a 12-pack of Coke.

4. There is no better sound than a Doritos and Coke burp.

5. Coke makes you fat.

Enjoy!

x5150x

I am a coke fan, but I have to admit I go both ways and drink pepsi sometimes.

Comment

When I was a regular coke drinker, I'd agree that McDonald's has some of the best tasting coke. Now that I drink diet, I really don't like McDonald's diet coke. It tastes like it is spiked with really cheap booze.
      Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

I can't stand Pepsi! lol

IMO - In&Out Burger has THE BEST coke i have ever had. Sometimes, i go there just for a coke.

(they also have among the best burger and fries you can get too)

Comment

Mmmm In-N-Out. Too bad there isn't one in this city.
          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
            Mmmm In-N-Out. Too bad there isn't one in this city.
            There isn't?? - Man, what a sick, sadistic world to not have In N Out in every city.

Well, you'll have to come down here and eat

Comment

Originally posted by x5150x

2. It is not a secret that different regions of the World and USA have different recipes...climate is a factor. This being said, the second best tasting Coke is found in the Mexican Foods aisle of your grocery store in large, obviously recycled, bottles. Damn fine Coke that is.

x5150x
              The Mexican product bottled down there is made with cane sugar as opposed to high fructose corn syrup. That's why it's so much better. You can also find it in the Kosher section, usually for Passover.

Comment

Originally posted by LovnTheFuzz
                There isn't?? - Man, what a sick, sadistic world to not have In N Out in every city.

Well, you'll have to come down here and eat
                Ah well fortunately there is one 20 miles away. Not very close but worth the drive when you want a treat.

Comment

Pepsi tastes like watered down soda you get at a bar
                  Coca-cola is the best (diet of course)
                  That's right, bring me my royal coffee!

Comment

Cane sugar in the coke? I always thought it wasted better because of the white residue that always seems to be around the bottle neck?! Some of Mexico's finest export!

But it is DAMN good.

Comment

So here I am, a day after posting my tribute to the greatest beverage ever produced...I have made a very difficult decision: I am no longer going to drink Coke. Or any softdrink for that matter.

Why? Because I need to get back in shape. I've developed a gut over the past few years and I am tired of it. I'm sure my wife will hate me losing my "fuel tank for a sex machine", but I'm sure she'll get over it.

Last night during the season finale of CSI I downed my very last can of Coke. It wasn't a sad moment...just final.

So long my sugary friend...the Nectar of the Gods, the Classic Cola...goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by x5150x

So here I am, a day after posting my tribute to the greatest beverage ever produced...I have made a very difficult decision: I am no longer going to drink Coke. Or any softdrink for that matter.

Why? Because I need to get back in shape. I've developed a gut over the past few years and I am tired of it. I'm sure my wife will hate me losing my "fuel tank for a sex machine", but I'm sure she'll get over it.

Last night during the season finale of CSI I downed my very last can of Coke. It wasn't a sad moment...just final.

So long my sugary friend...the Nectar of the Gods, the Classic Cola...goodbye.
                        And now you get to find out for yourself, whether pop, is addictive or not.

Let us know if you go through any withdrawals.
                        If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

Coca Cola in bottles purhased in Mexico IS the best, but we had a case in our house all the time.....so I am not a big Coke fan anymore...I will have it if I am home and mom and dad have some, but that is rare. When I was a kid, he used to take the empty bottles across and recycle them at the store he purchased it and get a discount for a new case.

I dislike Pepsi.....it just does not taste right......

If I do drink COca Cola now, it is the one with lime or I just drink a plain with with lime I add.

Comment

I love the Mexican Cokes they are the greatest!

I gave up Coke for almost 3 years. I didn't quit cold turkey like you did and I don't think I could.

I started by alternating between regular and caffeine free Coke. Once I felt like I had kicked the caffeine habit, I started substituting the Coke for juices, gatoraide, and water. I gave in and drank a Coke about a year ago and I am trying desperately to kick the habit again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6268 users online. 343 members and 5925 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X