• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Eagle Scouts?

Is anybody on here an eagle scout?

I became one March 10, 2001.

-Z

I become a Eagle Scout on Oct 22 2002. Just recently made Vigil Honor in OA.

Comment

I haven't been active for a while, but I'm one. (1986)

Comment

I became one Sept 94, Although I have not been active for quite some time.
        When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

Hope I'm not stepping on toes here, since I'm not an Eagle Scout. In fact, I topped out at Tenderfoot in my tender years.

My son, however, is 12 and just made Star Scout. He's got his eyes set on Eagle before he turns 15.
          Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Kirch Thats really good to here about your son. Thats a good goal to have too. I wish him the best of luck. I've stayed around went on to be a district officer after I made eagle. Just to give ya some advice. Everyone I've known to make eagle always seems to get burn out after making life and having to do there eagle project. They all finish is because the parents lite a fire under them. My parents threaten not to co-sign for my truck if I didn't finish my eagle. The project is very intimidate and is a ton of paper work. I suggest getting the PDF formate of a eagle project off of BSA website. All you got to do is fill in the blank.
            Last edited by Netopalis; 03-03-2005, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but what does an Eagle scout do? I know how you get there as I watched a friend in high school put in more time and effort getting there then I could have imagined. But what happens after your are finally an Eagle scout?
              It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
                Forgive my ignorance, but what does an Eagle scout do? I know how you get there as I watched a friend in high school put in more time and effort getting there then I could have imagined. But what happens after your are finally an Eagle scout?
                Having Eagle Scout on your resume looks really good. I took a big scholarship away from a honor student for in college (Really **** him off too). Just because I was a Eagle Scout, and I'm no were close to being a honor student. Military will also give you a free promotions if you enlist. I heared awhile back about 65% of all the officers in the US Military are Eagle Scouts. Alot of Police departments will look at people who are Eagles Scouts closer over those who aren't. Its a great way to get you set for life. Boy Scouts teach you alot more about life then they do in school. I use more from what I learn in scouting everyday, then I did what I learn in school. It just gives you a good start in life.

Only 2 out off every 100 boys who joing BSA will obtain eagle. Last year we promoted 290 eagle scouts in the State of Oklahoma. Out of about 20,000 scouts. About 6,000 of those are Life Scout the rank below Eagle Scout.
                Last edited by Netopalis; 03-03-2005, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I was almost an Eagle Scout. All I had to do was my community service project for my last merit badge and I had to make a decission of working and keeping my car or finish my project and loose my car. I made the wrong choice. I could have gotten another car but I lost the opportunity to become Eagle. I was Order of the Arrow. Not that it matters now.
                  MrAiric7

"Keep Your Priorities in Order"

"Know When to Act Without Hesitation"

Comment

eagle scout here,, back in i cant remember,,but i was 14 when i got it.

Comment

10/15/98 when i was 17

Be Prepared

Comment

Yep, I got my eagle wayyyy back in the day.

Was vigil in order of the arrow also.
                        Job description as told by an old timer: "Drive fast cars, look at pretty women, and drink coffee".

Comment

Earned Eagle in 1982 and Vigil in 1984. Currently Scoutmaster in my oldest son's troop. Youngest son is a 1st year Webelos and I help as much as I can. Baby girl doesn't want anything to do with Girl Scouts, but likes to go to her oldest brother's Boy Scout meetings and pick on the boys. (She's usually the meanest person in the room!)

Comment

From the other side of the world

I received my Springbok Scout (Equivalent of Eagle scout) in 1995.

Unfortunately I have since stopped been involved in scouts due to work and been in the police reservists
                            If you run, you'll only go to jail tired

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3512 users online. 154 members and 3358 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X