300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu ::::::::::

Whose got it ? Whose Had It and how bad was it ???
    We've all had it around here since last week and a couple of schools shut down because so many kids were sick.

I haven't had the flu since I was a little kid...knock on wood! I remember it sucked and being able to stay home from school didn't make up for being sick. I don't get the flu, I get strep or pharyngitis...every year just about, so if you want to know about that I could tell ya.

Comment

I used to have flu two years ago and it was worse, I had like 2 to 3 weeks of flu. I couldn't stand it since it drove me crazy. Pains get worse around your body.

Comment

I haven't had the flu since I was a little kid; one of the many times I knew how much my mom loved me. She stayed home with me and cooled my fever with warm washcloths, made me awesome Caldo (soup ) ...her chicken soup is so good ..oh and she bought me a my first Nancy Drew book that I read in 2 days (had to rest, afterall).

Amazing that I have decent memories of a time when I was horribly ill...wow..that was 30 years ago and I still remember how crummy I felt....AWWWW, the shakes, the goosebumps..the sweating......the fever..the coughing, the snot that burned coming out of my nose....AAAAAAGH!
        I am so glad I have never had it again....damn mutating flu virus, it has tried to get me every year, but I am pretty good about washing my hands and staying away from ill people...vitamins...juice.....I should get a flu shot every year, but dont.

Comment

Ahhhhh, Styx, that reminds me of our dear mothers who nurse us. Nancy Drew??? Coool.

As for now, kids have to go to school here in Southern California despite illnesses. I disagree with the rules so I make sure my kids stay home and then once they are WELL enough to go back to school. They got the flu/cold from children who are still attending schools. All due to fav of "No Child Left Behind" but that policy is for kids who are ditching schools or the parents chose to let them stay home and care for siblings while parents work. I don't think they understand what that policy is for. But my kids did pretty good job make up all their missed homeworks and turned in the next day.

Comment

had it for three weeks, called in sick for one week... this one is bad..
            ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
            -- John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by sgttom
              had it for three weeks, called in sick for one week... this one is bad..
              Yipes.. did you eat chicken soups? Hopefully. Try to stay healthy.

Comment

Been there done that. I got home the Sat. before Thanksgiving and went to sleep around 0800. I got up around 1030 shaking,sweating,freezing shivering. Major body aches and headaches. called in sick and tols wifey to get me jello.. I uh prayed to the porcelin {sp.} g-d for a while and went back to sleep. Woke up every hour and either sweating or shivering. That MAJOR stuff lasted about 2 days until monday. I begant o eat some turkey and jello. Called my doctor monday morning and was told they are busy they dont have any appointments. Go to the ER if its an emergency. By weds, I went out and had a Subway turkey sammich. We went to my hometown of Long Island weds. night {wife drove most of the way} and got in about 3am. Woke parents up but they were happy to see me. I lost 12 lbs that week.
                NASTY NASTY NASTY little bugger. Wifey took kids out all weekend so they didnt get it. Whew...used 2 sick days and a weeks vacation.
                "I pay your salary" Yeah So, Can I get a freakin raise???

It takes a village, this he knows is true

Comment

Several of the kids from the center that I work have had it. I have been lucky not to get it. I also haven't taken the flu shot either. Some people say that by taking the flu shot you can become more subsectible (sp?) to it (the flu). My grandma and my folks both had their flu shots and my mom and grandma had the flu.

My mother keeps bugging me to get the flu shot since I work with kids but I do not want to get sick.

Mmmmmmmmm.. pondering.....
                  "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                  Not Yet Visited: 16
                  Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

I sadly, have the damn flu right now... So much for that $15.00 FLU SHOT...

Hoping it will pass in the next few days. Its no fun. I havent been to the gym in 2 weeks...

Not the worst thing in the world, had it a lot worse when I was a kid, I remember that much... I cant wait to get some real food in me though. Can only live off gatoraid, soup and salttines for so long ...
                    Last edited by code3_K9; 02-27-2005, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by code3_K9
                      I sadly, have the damn flu right now... So much for that $15.00 FLU SHOT...

Hoping it will pass in the next few days. Its no fun. I havent been to the gym in 2 weeks...

Not the worst thing in the world, had it a lot worse when I was a kid, I remember that much... I cant wait to get some real food in me though. Can only live off gatoraid, soup and salttines for so long ...

Hope you get well soon....

I agree soup and saltines are not the best food when you are sick. Whenever I eat soup from being sick and I hear that we are having soup at work.. I want to hurl... LOL..

Had my fulfillment of soup to last me a lifetime....unless of course it is cream of corn.... yummyy
                      "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)

Comment

I had it pretty bad for two weeks in end of January, (had to do my damn Arrest Control Final Test, sicker than a dog! Sorry that still ****es me off....). Anyway felt a little better the third week, then I felt good for two weeks, and now the crap has snuck back up on me. I think the different strains are so bad right now that they are mutating quickly and coming right back at you.
                        When I'll be the girl that you love, you'll be the boy that I hate...

Comment

Hope you feel better soon ..everyone!

That is another reason why I work out so much. I have alot more energy and I am keeping my body from getting sick.

"knocks on wood" I do not get sick.... *knock knock*

Comment

:::hiding from the flu::::

Then again being around the jail helps build up my immune system....There has been some people sick, but not to many that I am aware of in my area...
                            THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballBabe
                              Hope you feel better soon ..everyone!

That is another reason why I work out so much. I have alot more energy and I am keeping my body from getting sick.

"knocks on wood" I do not get sick.... *knock knock*
                              I wish I could guarantee you that would work - but working out, eating well and vitamins didn't do a damn thing for me...I guess it was just my time!
                              When I'll be the girl that you love, you'll be the boy that I hate...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2655 users online. 144 members and 2511 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X