300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here served in THE NAVY

For those that have served in THE NAVY. I thought you would like to hear this amazing song..https://youtu.be/EjXxC2lmI60?list=RDEjXxC2lmI60

This one clip shows old sailing ships .. real beauties.

https://youtu.be/cd5AXGwvL8s
    Last edited by steve354; 03-02-2016, 12:28 PM.
    There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”
    ― John E. Douglas, Journey Into Darkness.

6 Things you don't mess with.
    MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

MY HONOR AND THE THIN BLUE LINE

Navy no. Was busy killing people and breaking things.
    https://youtu.be/iYQVVwp7hxo

Comment

Anyone here served in THE NAVY
      ....and willing to admit it?
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Never
        Again
        Volunteer
        Yourself
        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I am a Chief Petty Officer in the worlds finest Navy. But, I can't watch your video with the bandwidth restrictions on the ship (seriously).

Comment

You know what they say about submarines - 200 sailors go down, 100 couples come back up!
            Originally posted by RSGSRT
            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
              You know what they say about submarines - 200 sailors go down, 100 couples come back up!
              Something about a long tube full of seamen....
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                Something about a long tube full of seamen....

Unless of course, you're talking about THIS tube ...

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                  Never
                  Again
                  Volunteer
                  Yourself
                  Pretty much.

I'll admit to being a Navy veteran... then again hard to hide with the username.

Spent my 6 years on an amphibious assault ship and left as FC1... either working on weapons and tracking systems, in the armory, or on security detail. Was on duty the night of the USS Mahan shooting which put a LOT of things into perspective that we were all doing right and wrong... and we ended up learning a lot from that tragedy. That being said, I am now living in SC and surfing on here hoping to bring what I learned to the law enforcement side and continue doing what I enjoyed for years.

Comment

image.jpeg

Semper Fi!!!!!
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]14651[/ATTACH]

Semper Fi!!!!!
                      Egads, I love service branch smack!
                      Last edited by Pogue Mahone; 03-06-2016, 09:22 AM. Reason: Forgot ubb smiley code for here
                      This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]14651[/ATTACH]

Semper Fi!!!!!
                        I see what you did there.

Comment

I was, but it wasn't the new navy. No, I was in the Old Navy. Our uniforms were khaki shorts and polos.
                          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                            I was, but it wasn't the new navy. No, I was in the Old Navy. Our uniforms were khaki shorts and polos.
                            But the ships were made of wood back then so....

I was in the knee deep Navy, the Coast Guard. Bell bottoms, Dixie cups, flap on the back dress whites or blues shirts, same as the Navy. They never did explain what the flap was for though. Maybe you could put it over your head if you drifted around in the ocean for too long, but we could wade back in so what's the point?

Comment

They never did explain what the flap was for though.
                              Traditional. Sailors used to wear their hair in braids that were waxed or tarred. They would wear a piece of cloth in the collar of their dress uniform to prevent the wax or tar from soiling the uniform. The flap could be replaced more easily and less expensively than the back of the uniform itself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3843 users online. 249 members and 3594 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X