Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As Predicted, ISIS Takes It To The Next Level

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2105526

    Why all the hesitation?! Those ************ need to be blown out of the freekin universe!
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
      Mark my words:

      Since all Obama's doing is playing tit for tat.....except their tat is always the next level of escalation.....ISIS is going to do something gruesome to the American female next.
      We lost her today in retaliation airstrikes ... If this is confirmed, my thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends
      Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
      Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
      It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFL80PN3wA&sns=em

      Comment


      • Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
        I'm not minimizing what the Nazis did. My dad's parents came over on the boat from Poland so I certainly am not doing that.

        But as sick and unforgiveable as what the Nazi's did to Jews, Poles, and others, this is yet a new low.

        You have to understand that to that Jordanian pilot that came from a prominent tribe and from that elite training, honor was even more important than torture and dying. While ISIS stood by in full regalia cheering on the long torture, it was also their intent to humiliate him in front of the world...and attempt to remove all honor. They had probably spent the weeks/days leading up to the burning employing as much psych-ops as possible to try to convince him he was dishonorable. It wasn't just a gruesome death, it was also meant to rip out his soul in front of all he cared about.

        There's a reason the Geneva Convention forbids humiliation (which these animals could care less about) but it's not just about pain and torture.

        I'm not talking about the number of people you employ depraved techniques on, I'm talking about the level of that technique. And if you look at ALL the things ISIS has done in Syria and Iraq to women and children so far, yes......they have outdone eve the sick Nazis.
        Okay... I see where you're going and won't argue most of those points. However, I'm not going to entertain for a second the notion that the Nazis didn't engage in similarly-effective methods of humiliation and psychological warfare with so-called "undesirables." It's just harder to know about because of the nature in which these activities were carried out. The two concessions I'll make is that the obvious social media aspects relevant to the ISIS thing made the efforts of the humiliation that much more effective, and that I don't have as well-developed an understanding of honor's place in Middle Eastern society as some do, so I see some validity in that argument.

        My wife's family has Hebrew roots in Austria. Her family doesn't talk much about their ancestors, but I was able to learn that they were high-society aristocrats who personally knew Wilhelm Kaiser, apparently well enough for the children to address him as "Onkel Willie." They immigrated to America after hearing through the grapevine sometime in the mid '30s that it would be a good idea to get out of Dodge.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
          This is not a lower low than what the Nazi's did. Isis is deplorable, but let's not lose site of perspective. This action\distribution was engineered by Isis to elicit an emotional response, and it is working. The Nazi's performed equally disgusting actions on a wholesale scale with no intended audience. On a disgusting scale of 0-10, they are both 10s. No one is one-upping anyone. They both need(ed) to be put down.
          Carb, bud, I tend to agree with you on economics but not on foreign policy or anything military related.

          Let's start with you saying they expected a reaction and got it. Um, no. They expected to intimidate members of the Coalition as they've been doing (like our fearless leader) for some time now, hoping to make us or allies back off, and were hoping to divide Jordanians. The exact opposite happened.

          They certainly both need to be put down but we'll have to agree to disagree on whether ISIS is worst. Do some research on beadings of children, crucifixions of children in the public square, unspeakable actions to women, and tying gay Muslims to chairs and ceremoniously throwing them off of tall buildings for example.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dauntless89 View Post
            Okay... I see where you're going and won't argue most of those points. However, I'm not going to entertain for a second the notion that the Nazis didn't engage in similarly-effective methods of humiliation and psychological warfare with so-called "undesirables." It's just harder to know about because of the nature in which these activities were carried out. The two concessions I'll make is that the obvious social media aspects relevant to the ISIS thing made the efforts of the humiliation that much more effective, and that I don't have as well-developed an understanding of honor's place in Middle Eastern society as some do, so I see some validity in that argument.

            My wife's family has Hebrew roots in Austria. Her family doesn't talk much about their ancestors, but I was able to learn that they were high-society aristocrats who personally knew Wilhelm Kaiser, apparently well enough for the children to address him as "Onkel Willie." They immigrated to America after hearing through the grapevine sometime in the mid '30s that it would be a good idea to get out of Dodge.
            Wow, you would have some great stories.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jhall View Post
              We lost her today in retaliation airstrikes ... If this is confirmed, my thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends
              It's probably likely she's dead, unfortunately. It's almost totally unbelievable she died because of Jordanian airstrikes. They claim she was left unguarded at a weapons cache. Nothing adds up about ISIS claims.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                It's probably likely she's dead, unfortunately. It's almost totally unbelievable she died because of Jordanian airstrikes. They claim she was left unguarded at a weapons cache. Nothing adds up about ISIS claims.
                More than likely she has been dead for a while and they just tossed her body into that building. I don't trust anything those barbarians say.

                May she RIP.
                Originally posted by JasperST
                "The fail is strong with this one."


                Originally posted by mdrep
                It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

                What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

                Comment


                • Assuming she actually did die in the airstrike (yeah, I'm skeptical too) I'm sure getting blown up by a missile was preferable to whatever ISIS had in mind.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dauntless89 View Post
                    Okay... I see where you're going and won't argue most of those points. However, I'm not going to entertain for a second the notion that the Nazis didn't engage in similarly-effective methods of humiliation and psychological warfare with so-called "undesirables." It's just harder to know about because of the nature in which these activities were carried out. The two concessions I'll make is that the obvious social media aspects relevant to the ISIS thing made the efforts of the humiliation that much more effective, and that I don't have as well-developed an understanding of honor's place in Middle Eastern society as some do, so I see some validity in that argument.

                    My wife's family has Hebrew roots in Austria. Her family doesn't talk much about their ancestors, but I was able to learn that they were high-society aristocrats who personally knew Wilhelm Kaiser, apparently well enough for the children to address him as "Onkel Willie." They immigrated to America after hearing through the grapevine sometime in the mid '30s that it would be a good idea to get out of Dodge.
                    My mom grew up in Nazi Germany and that generation doesn't talk much about it, period. Same with WW2 or Korea vets here. It's a different day and age now and ISIS is wanting to capitalize on it but they're too ideologically driven to understand it's backfiring on them.

                    Comment


                    • Yeah. I understand the reluctance to share from anyone somewhat connected to Nazi Germany, but both sides of her family are like that. Even the other side that has lived here since well before the Revolution. Whatever floats their boat I guess. The only problem is my wife wants to know all about her ancestors and the family isn't super stoked to cooperate.

                      Personally I think genealogy is fascinating. My earliest ancestor to set foot on New World soil was brought over from England as an indentured servant in the early 1700s. Later ancestors fought in both the Revolutionary and Civil wars. I'm a history junkie and luckily my grandfather enjoys talking about his growing-up years. He has neat stories from commercial salmon fishing off the coast of California as a teenager in the 40s, being one of the first helicopter mechanics in the Army in the 50s, and from his time on the CHP in the 60s, among many other things.

                      I agree about ISIS's strategy backfiring. The worst thing an insurgency can do is alienate the people they're claiming to be freedom-fighting for. I'm sure the issue is more convoluted than I'm comprehending, but from what I gather it sounds like they're so gung-ho on Islam fundamentalism they are functionally ****ing in everyone's corn flakes one way or another.

                      Comment


                      • The bombs in that video have the same graffiti as the NYC subways.
                        September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

                        Comment


                        • It is all a lie.......she has probably been sold off already.

                          “The failed Jordanian aircraft killed an American female hostage,” the message declared. “No mujahid (ISIS fighter) was injured in the bombardment, and all praise is due to Allah.”

                          September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

                          Comment


                          • As Predicted, ISIS Takes It To The Next Level

                            Originally posted by dauntless89 View Post
                            Yeah. I understand the reluctance to share from anyone somewhat connected to Nazi Germany, but both sides of her family are like that. Even the other side that has lived here since well before the Revolution. Whatever floats their boat I guess. The only problem is my wife wants to know all about her ancestors and the family isn't super stoked to cooperate.

                            Personally I think genealogy is fascinating. My earliest ancestor to set foot on New World soil was brought over from England as an indentured servant in the early 1700s. Later ancestors fought in both the Revolutionary and Civil wars. I'm a history junkie and luckily my grandfather enjoys talking about his growing-up years. He has neat stories from commercial salmon fishing off the coast of California as a teenager in the 40s, being one of the first helicopter mechanics in the Army in the 50s, and from his time on the CHP in the 60s, among many other things.

                            I agree about ISIS's strategy backfiring. The worst thing an insurgency can do is alienate the people they're claiming to be freedom-fighting for. I'm sure the issue is more convoluted than I'm comprehending, but from what I gather it sounds like they're so gung-ho on Islam fundamentalism they are functionally ****ing in everyone's corn flakes one way or another.
                            My grandfather chooses not to discuss anything from before 1950 when he came to the US after the war so there is little my family as well knows about our ancestors. I truly wish he did talk about it more so I can know what pre-war Europe was like.

                            And interestingly as well my family came from Germany to the United States in the early 1700's. I've always wanted to find others with history in the US when our great country was taking shape.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Meizele_15481; 02-06-2015, 06:53 PM.
                            Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jhall View Post
                              Can we all put together a funding to finance him for 2016 elections here stateside?!?
                              He can't be President - he wasn't even born here!

                              ......oh wait, nevermind....
                              Originally posted by RSGSRT
                              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Meizele_15481 View Post
                                My grandfather chooses not to discuss anything from before 1950 when he came to the US after the war so there is little my family as well knows about our ancestors. I truly wish he did talk about it more so I can know what pre-war Europe was like.

                                And interestingly as well my family came from Germany to the United States in the early 1700's. I've always wanted to find others with history in the US when our great country was taking shape.
                                One of my uncles was a Paratrooper during WWII. I really wish I could have picked his brain before he died. Unfortunately, I was young and dumb (17) and thought other things were more important.
                                Originally posted by RSGSRT
                                We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                                Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5363 users online. 338 members and 5025 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X