X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trauma1
    replied
    Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
    It's probably likely she's dead, unfortunately. It's almost totally unbelievable she died because of Jordanian airstrikes. They claim she was left unguarded at a weapons cache. Nothing adds up about ISIS claims.
    More than likely she has been dead for a while and they just tossed her body into that building. I don't trust anything those barbarians say.

May she RIP.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by jhall View Post
    We lost her today in retaliation airstrikes ... If this is confirmed, my thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends
    It's probably likely she's dead, unfortunately. It's almost totally unbelievable she died because of Jordanian airstrikes. They claim she was left unguarded at a weapons cache. Nothing adds up about ISIS claims.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by dauntless89 View Post
    Okay... I see where you're going and won't argue most of those points. However, I'm not going to entertain for a second the notion that the Nazis didn't engage in similarly-effective methods of humiliation and psychological warfare with so-called "undesirables." It's just harder to know about because of the nature in which these activities were carried out. The two concessions I'll make is that the obvious social media aspects relevant to the ISIS thing made the efforts of the humiliation that much more effective, and that I don't have as well-developed an understanding of honor's place in Middle Eastern society as some do, so I see some validity in that argument.

My wife's family has Hebrew roots in Austria. Her family doesn't talk much about their ancestors, but I was able to learn that they were high-society aristocrats who personally knew Wilhelm Kaiser, apparently well enough for the children to address him as "Onkel Willie." They immigrated to America after hearing through the grapevine sometime in the mid '30s that it would be a good idea to get out of Dodge.
    Wow, you would have some great stories.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
    This is not a lower low than what the Nazi's did. Isis is deplorable, but let's not lose site of perspective. This action\distribution was engineered by Isis to elicit an emotional response, and it is working. The Nazi's performed equally disgusting actions on a wholesale scale with no intended audience. On a disgusting scale of 0-10, they are both 10s. No one is one-upping anyone. They both need(ed) to be put down.
    Carb, bud, I tend to agree with you on economics but not on foreign policy or anything military related.

Let's start with you saying they expected a reaction and got it. Um, no. They expected to intimidate members of the Coalition as they've been doing (like our fearless leader) for some time now, hoping to make us or allies back off, and were hoping to divide Jordanians. The exact opposite happened.

They certainly both need to be put down but we'll have to agree to disagree on whether ISIS is worst. Do some research on beadings of children, crucifixions of children in the public square, unspeakable actions to women, and tying gay Muslims to chairs and ceremoniously throwing them off of tall buildings for example.

Leave a comment:

• dauntless89
    replied
    I'm not minimizing what the Nazis did. My dad's parents came over on the boat from Poland so I certainly am not doing that.

But as sick and unforgiveable as what the Nazi's did to Jews, Poles, and others, this is yet a new low.

You have to understand that to that Jordanian pilot that came from a prominent tribe and from that elite training, honor was even more important than torture and dying. While ISIS stood by in full regalia cheering on the long torture, it was also their intent to humiliate him in front of the world...and attempt to remove all honor. They had probably spent the weeks/days leading up to the burning employing as much psych-ops as possible to try to convince him he was dishonorable. It wasn't just a gruesome death, it was also meant to rip out his soul in front of all he cared about.

There's a reason the Geneva Convention forbids humiliation (which these animals could care less about) but it's not just about pain and torture.

I'm not talking about the number of people you employ depraved techniques on, I'm talking about the level of that technique. And if you look at ALL the things ISIS has done in Syria and Iraq to women and children so far, yes......they have outdone eve the sick Nazis.
    Okay... I see where you're going and won't argue most of those points. However, I'm not going to entertain for a second the notion that the Nazis didn't engage in similarly-effective methods of humiliation and psychological warfare with so-called "undesirables." It's just harder to know about because of the nature in which these activities were carried out. The two concessions I'll make is that the obvious social media aspects relevant to the ISIS thing made the efforts of the humiliation that much more effective, and that I don't have as well-developed an understanding of honor's place in Middle Eastern society as some do, so I see some validity in that argument.

My wife's family has Hebrew roots in Austria. Her family doesn't talk much about their ancestors, but I was able to learn that they were high-society aristocrats who personally knew Wilhelm Kaiser, apparently well enough for the children to address him as "Onkel Willie." They immigrated to America after hearing through the grapevine sometime in the mid '30s that it would be a good idea to get out of Dodge.

Leave a comment:

• jhall
    replied
    Mark my words:

Since all Obama's doing is playing tit for tat.....except their tat is always the next level of escalation.....ISIS is going to do something gruesome to the American female next.
    We lost her today in retaliation airstrikes ... If this is confirmed, my thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends

Leave a comment:

• Meizele_15481
    replied
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2105526

Why all the hesitation?! Those ************ need to be blown out of the freekin universe!

Leave a comment:

• Meizele_15481
    replied
    Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
    No Irish, just German and Polish with a touch of Lithuanian.
    Me too. I do have a little Hungarian in me too.

Leave a comment:

• Aerohead
    replied
    So Aero, are you an Irish Pollack too?????

Let me get back on the details....

Well, they originate from Prussia. Don't you see the militaristic resemblance?
    No Irish, just German and Polish with a touch of Lithuanian.

Leave a comment:

• Carbonfiberfoot
    replied
    ...But as sick and unforgiveable as what the Nazi's did to Jews, Poles, and others, this is yet a new low..
    This is not a lower low than what the Nazi's did. Isis is deplorable, but let's not lose site of perspective. This action\distribution was engineered by Isis to elicit an emotional response, and it is working. The Nazi's performed equally disgusting actions on a wholesale scale with no intended audience. On a disgusting scale of 0-10, they are both 10s. No one is one-upping anyone. They both need(ed) to be put down.
    Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 02-06-2015, 11:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Meizele_15481
    replied
    Yep, taken from their actual gun cams. Great counter-propaganda.

Much respect, King Abdullah.
    I hope the Jordanians know they have the people's support as much as our POTUS ain't doing ****.

Leave a comment:

• Meizele_15481
    replied
    Just a suggestion....since ISIS is dominating social media......go help stick this stuff on twitter.
    If I had twitter I certainly would.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by Meizele_15481 View Post
    Just a suggestion....since ISIS is dominating social media......go help stick this stuff on twitter.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by Meizele_15481 View Post
    Yep, taken from their actual gun cams. Great counter-propaganda.

Much respect, King Abdullah.

Leave a comment:

• Meizele_15481
    replied
    Way to go Jordan!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.2105163

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5595 users online. 313 members and 5282 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X