Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As Predicted, ISIS Takes It To The Next Level

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
    Langford, you're right about Jordan's borders collapsing because of the overflow of refugees. But Abdullah's actions are serving as the galvanizer you'd expect a competent American president to provide. And unlike an American President, Abdullah's sitting right square in the middle of the shyte.
    I think in the end Abdullah's out gunned and we're not going to be there to back him.......

    Sorry, Emma, I believe Obummer is going to let him swing in the wind......& the Saudis/Kuwaitis/UAE/etc are his only hope and I do not see them committing to this fight, yet. He's a brave and good man but his kingdom is about to look a lot like Assad's Syria.

    Oh, btw, take a look at Europe....Hollande & Merkle are doing a repeat of a Chamberlain Munich Pact as we post......

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-winning.html
    Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

    Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

    George Washington, (1732-1799)
    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

    Originally posted by Country_Jim
    ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by JustAJ View Post
      I've said it before and I'll say it again. The American politicians and media do not have the stomach to do what needs to be done. They want the war to be pretty and high tech - think drones and smart bombs. But it's not. It's a guy on the ground bringing death to an enemy soldier from distances that sometimes are close enough to smell their dying breath. It's not glamorous, it's not pretty, and it's the only way you win.
      Now here's the guy that knows what he's talkin' about in this thread.......

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
        This is because the media has entirely too much influence on us. If all stories were objective and factual, the news would be boring and very few people would watch it. We have been entertained far too long and educated entirely too little.

        Love that statement.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
          I think in the end Abdullah's out gunned and we're not going to be there to back him.......

          Sorry, Emma, I believe Obummer is going to let him swing in the wind......& the Saudis/Kuwaitis/UAE/etc are his only hope and I do not see them committing to this fight, yet. He's a brave and good man but his kingdom is about to look a lot like Assad's Syria.

          Oh, btw, take a look at Europe....Hollande & Merkle are doing a repeat of a Chamberlain Munich Pact as we post......

          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-winning.html
          That's because you don't have your ear to the ground here in DC like I do today. There is a rumble occurring like you wouldn't believe.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            I don't believe Operation Limebacker was hitting many fixed targets either

            Carpet bombing is designed to take out troops -----------and yes, moving troops.

            Where ISIS is operating , we don't have many friends anyway............a few mistakes in targeting wouldn't matter
            These guys don't move like troops. They don't wear uniforms and they move like cowards that blend in with the local populace.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
              Strategic bombing of any kind has never worked.......but once....and that was with different ordinance.

              .....
              Langy, I can't tell you how many people I've talked to over the years that have said we were winning militarily in Vietnam....just losing it at home.

              I wasn't there so I can't really know.

              But having spent years in Iraq and watching how the press never got IT right.....I have no doubt the press was full of **** on Vietnam as well....except for BDA. Everybody was lying about BDA.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                Ohhh, Nazis were some depraved m*****f**kers. But ISIS gets the gold medal.
                People forget, your average Nazi soldier, even commissioned officers didn't know what was going on behind the scenes, or support it. They were average soldiers like everyone else. It was the high ranking officers and commanders that were evil.

                As for those twatwaffles in ISIS, they all believe the what they are fighting for.
                I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                  Max K, answer to your question about the Pentagon? Yes, there are plenty of smart people there. Same in the intel agencies. But don't forget overseeing the "regular" folks are political appointees. And in the Pentagon, you have some generals that are very political, and some that are are as professional as they can be.

                  IOW layered over all the smart people are the political appointees.
                  I don't know much about any of this, it sounds like you're right.

                  But I don't think that's how it works in the surgical department of a hospital: if there is a difficult heart transplant operation coming up, I believe that one of the surgeons outranks everybody else, so that even if one of the other surgeons believes in a different school of thought (on how best to proceed), he is overruled by the ranking surgeon: the subordinate surgeon is not allowed to do anything that is opposed to what the ranking surgeon has decided (the procedure is to be). The subordinate surgeon is not allowed to "water-down" or otherwise weaken, and thus make ineffective, the plan of the ranking surgeon: the success or failure of the operation is largely the result of the ranking surgeon's plan. At least that's how I think it works. If a lot of patients die on the ranking surgeon's operating table, then maybe there is cause to look at his or her methods. But while the patient is on the operating table, nobody is allowed to interfere with the ranking surgeon's decisions.

                  Apparently, when it comes to warfighting, it's different: the smart people in the Pentagon come up with a plan, and it may even be approved, but then, in the middle of the war, politicians (military and civilian) are allowed to step in and make changes, because they believe in a different school of thought, or in different politics: this waters down, dilutes, weakens, or even nullifies completely, the original strategy, and thus leads to failure. Is that how it works, Emma? Maybe the military should be allowed to do their job like a surgeon. Or is this one of those trade-offs that are necessary, for our system of government?
                  Last edited by Max K; 02-06-2015, 12:16 AM.
                  https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

                  List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    I think an important point in the Nazi vs ISIS thing is that the industrialized genocide that took place in WW2 isn't really comparable to burning one person alive in a cage and spreading the video around. They're both reprehensible events, but also kind of apples and oranges. I see two very different types of monstrosity.

                    One is orchestrating (somewhat behind the scenes) a government to eradicate an entire race of people, with little publicity until 12,000,000 were dead.

                    The other is a relatively small group of psychopaths committing a relatively few and isolated acts of barbarism, with tons of publicity.

                    It's all reprehensible. All despicable. But I can't really see how it could be logically argued that one is worse than the other.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dauntless89 View Post
                      I think an important point in the Nazi vs ISIS thing is that the industrialized genocide that took place in WW2 isn't really comparable to burning one person alive in a cage and spreading the video around. They're both reprehensible events, but also kind of apples and oranges. I see two very different types of monstrosity.

                      One is orchestrating (somewhat behind the scenes) a government to eradicate an entire race of people, with little publicity until 12,000,000 were dead.

                      The other is a relatively small group of psychopaths committing a relatively few and isolated acts of barbarism, with tons of publicity.

                      It's all reprehensible. All despicable. But I can't really see how it could be logically argued that one is worse than the other.
                      I'm not minimizing what the Nazis did. My dad's parents came over on the boat from Poland so I certainly am not doing that.

                      But as sick and unforgiveable as what the Nazi's did to Jews, Poles, and others, this is yet a new low.

                      You have to understand that to that Jordanian pilot that came from a prominent tribe and from that elite training, honor was even more important than torture and dying. While ISIS stood by in full regalia cheering on the long torture, it was also their intent to humiliate him in front of the world...and attempt to remove all honor. They had probably spent the weeks/days leading up to the burning employing as much psych-ops as possible to try to convince him he was dishonorable. It wasn't just a gruesome death, it was also meant to rip out his soul in front of all he cared about.

                      There's a reason the Geneva Convention forbids humiliation (which these animals could care less about) but it's not just about pain and torture.

                      I'm not talking about the number of people you employ depraved techniques on, I'm talking about the level of that technique. And if you look at ALL the things ISIS has done in Syria and Iraq to women and children so far, yes......they have outdone eve the sick Nazis.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Max K View Post
                        I don't know much about any of this, it sounds like you're right.

                        But I don't think that's how it works in the surgical department of a hospital: if there is a difficult heart transplant operation coming up, I believe that one of the surgeons outranks everybody else, so that even if one of the other surgeons believes in a different school of thought (on how best to proceed), he is overruled by the ranking surgeon: the subordinate surgeon is not allowed to do anything that is opposed to what the ranking surgeon has decided (the procedure is to be). The subordinate surgeon is not allowed to "water-down" or otherwise weaken, and thus make ineffective, the plan of the ranking surgeon: the success or failure of the operation is largely the result of the ranking surgeon's plan. At least that's how I think it works. If a lot of patients die on the ranking surgeon's operating table, then maybe there is cause to look at his or her methods. But while the patient is on the operating table, nobody is allowed to interfere with the ranking surgeon's decisions.

                        Apparently, when it comes to warfighting, it's different: the smart people in the Pentagon come up with a plan, and it may even be approved, but then, in the middle of the war, politicians (military and civilian) are allowed to step in and make changes, because they believe in a different school of thought, or in different politics: this waters down, dilutes, weakens, or even nullifies completely, the original strategy, and thus leads to failure. Is that how it works, Emma? Maybe the military should be allowed to do their job like a surgeon. Or is this one of those trade-offs that are necessary, for our system of government?
                        While biology is not a black and white area, a heart is heart is a heart......but when talking about war, there is so much gray, it's hard to even start out with the same assumptions. There's military, economic, political, diplomatic aspects.....all very gray.

                        Comment


                        • Forget Nazi vs. ISIS, our fearless leader has just punted it into the Crusader vs. Islam field. He said Christians need to get off their high horse because they did that kind of stuff during the Crusades. To hear that from some anonymous poster or blogger on the internet is one thing but from the presidential podium? WTF?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                            Why?

                            Obviously you haven't read the Iraq thread I started in June predicting all that's happened would happen. A number of us did.
                            Why would I keep track of something you wrote in June?

                            To your question of "why" you shouldn't hold your breath. There's a difference between actually supporting something and simply going through the motions for the sake of appearance. Obama will do it for the sake of apperance not because his administration actually supports waging war. If they did then we would not be at the point we are with ISIS so far out of control.
                            He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
                            shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
                            - Psalm 91:1

                            On Ignore - A few folks.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                              I'm not minimizing what the Nazis did. My dad's parents came over on the boat from Poland so I certainly am not doing that.
                              What a cowinkidink. My mother's family did the same. Where is your family from?
                              Originally posted by RSGSRT
                              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Max K View Post
                                Apparently, when it comes to warfighting, it's different: the smart people in the Pentagon come up with a plan, and it may even be approved, but then, in the middle of the war, politicians (military and civilian) are allowed to step in and make changes, because they believe in a different school of thought, or in different politics: this waters down, dilutes, weakens, or even nullifies completely, the original strategy, and thus leads to failure. Is that how it works, Emma? Maybe the military should be allowed to do their job like a surgeon. Or is this one of those trade-offs that are necessary, for our system of government?
                                You pretty much nailed it. The decision makers in suits sit back in their nice comfy DC offices and assume that because of how "connected" we all are today that they have an accurate picture of how things are like "on the ground". While it is certainly more true today than in wars past, no amount of technology can replace actually being there.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5752 users online. 341 members and 5411 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X