300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustAJ View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. The American politicians and media do not have the stomach to do what needs to be done. They want the war to be pretty and high tech - think drones and smart bombs. But it's not. It's a guy on the ground bringing death to an enemy soldier from distances that sometimes are close enough to smell their dying breath. It's not glamorous, it's not pretty, and it's the only way you win.
    You're right about that.

IMO, the underlying problem in all of it comes back to they both go the way of the highest bidder ....................

Look at Brian Williams example of media dishonesty ... pathetic. Everybody's always "sorry" AFTER they get their hands caught in the cookie jar.

Comment

Am I the only one who finds it more the coincidental that Obama's meeting with Muslim Brotherhood, (aka: ISIS, Al Qaida, ISIL) behind closed doors while he has simultaneously been evading requests to define America's role against ISIS?

What gives!!!!

Comment

Hold on to your seats, folks, this is about to escalate.

King Abdullah with his tiny country that's short on natural resources, overwhelmed with refugees, and almost out of bullets and fuel is striking not just Syria but Iraq today. He is galvanizing the world. Obama is about to get dragged into finally PROPERLY supporting our alliance.

Comment

Momentum is shifting in Washington because of Jordan and the King's actions. Wouldn't be surprised to see authorization to use force from Congress soon.

Maybe even Carrier Battle group. Maybe even troops on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
            Hold on to your seats, folks, this is about to escalate.

King Abdullah with his tiny country that's short on natural resources, overwhelmed with refugees, and almost out of bullets and fuel is striking not just Syria but Iraq today. He is galvanizing the world. Obama is about to get dragged into finally PROPERLY supporting our alliance.
            I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
            He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
            shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
            - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

Originally posted by bsd13 View Post
              I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
              Why?

Obviously you haven't read the Iraq thread I started in June predicting all that's happened would happen. A number of us did.

Comment

Max K, answer to your question about the Pentagon? Yes, there are plenty of smart people there. Same in the intel agencies. But don't forget overseeing the "regular" folks are political appointees. And in the Pentagon, you have some generals that are very political, and some that are are as professional as they can be.

IOW layered over all the smart people are the political appointees.

Comment

Langford, you're right about Jordan's borders collapsing because of the overflow of refugees. But Abdullah's actions are serving as the galvanizer you'd expect a competent American president to provide. And unlike an American President, Abdullah's sitting right square in the middle of the shyte.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                    Why?
                    Point A = Eastern edge of territory
                    Point B = Western edge of territory

Start at Point A End at Point B
                    Shift position 10 miles and repeat

Just "Operation Linebacker" the whole area
                    We're not dealing with nation states. No fixed targets say like a missile silo. People we're after are a moving target.

Comment

So move the payload TO them...
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Rettroop View Post
                        Yes Emmy I think the Nazis were that f*cking depraved tens of thousands of times over.
                        Ohhh, Nazis were some depraved m*****f**kers. But ISIS gets the gold medal.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller11x View Post
                          Unconfirmed reports now that King Abdullah of Jordan is GOING TO FLY COMBAT SORTIES.

Whether this is true or not is up to you. But even if it is fake, you still have to be a true badass leader for people to make this up to the point where it may actually be true.
                          His resume speaks volumes
                          In 1980 he joined the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, was commissioned into the British Army as a Second Lieutenant, and served for a year as a troop commander in the 13th/18th Royal Hussars.[1] In 1982, Abdullah was admitted to Pembroke College, Oxford, where he completed a one-year Special Studies course in Middle Eastern Affairs.

Upon returning home, he joined the Royal Jordanian Army, serving as an officer in the 40th Armored Brigade, and undergoing a parachuting and freefall course.

In 1985, he attended the Armored Officer's Advanced Course at Fort Knox, and in 1986, he became commander of a tank company in the 91st Armored Brigade, holding the rank of Captain. He also served with the Royal Jordanian Air Force in its Anti-Tank Wing, where he was trained to fly Cobra attack helicopters.[4]
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                            We're not dealing with nation states. No fixed targets say like a missile silo. People we're after are a moving target.
                            I don't believe Operation Limebacker was hitting many fixed targets either

Carpet bombing is designed to take out troops -----------and yes, moving troops.

Where ISIS is operating , we don't have many friends anyway............a few mistakes in targeting wouldn't matter
                            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Can we trade with Jordan?

Last edited by So Fla Cop; 02-05-2015, 08:38 PM.
                              September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller11x View Post

Mooshell?
                                September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2626 users online. 126 members and 2500 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X