Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that's my hand
    replied
    Unfortunately its asymmetrical warfare and we've never been any good at that because our forces have to fight the guerillas and the politicians at home. It's a no win situation.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
    If we're going to get serious about the air bombing campaign, we need forward air controllers on the ground to tell the Air Force where to strike.
    Why?
    Point A = Eastern edge of territory
    Point B = Western edge of territory

Start at Point A End at Point B
    Shift position 10 miles and repeat

Just "Operation Linebacker" the whole area

Leave a comment:

• Trauma1
    replied
    I don't think I want to watch that video. From the descriptions of others, it was horrific.
    Just exactly what is PODUS waiting for? I don't get it.
    While I don't agree with nukes, nice big bombs are available and they could level them. H*LL, show them what dust is.

Leave a comment:

• Langford PR
    replied
    Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    Isn't that in Egypt???

......so is ISIS

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-e...dates/1.640477
    9:10 A.M. Explosion heard in central Cairo

A homemade bomb exploded in central Cairo on Tuesday, security officials said.

The target of the blast, near a busy square, was not immediately clear. There was no immediate word on casualties.

Islamist militants seeking to topple the government have carried out numerous bombing attacks on soldiers and police since the army toppled President Mohammed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood in 2013.

Last week, Islamic State's Egyptian affiliate staged coordinated attacks in the Sinai Peninsula which killed more than 30 security personnel. (Reuters)(Reuters)

Leave a comment:

• Max K
    replied
    First of all, there is no strategy. He's an appeaser, and lobbing a few bombs here and there is meant to fool those Americans who are gullible into believing he's not the WEAK rudderless idiot that he is. The little bit here and there is meant to stave of the claim from his critics that he's weak on national defense.

It's nothing more than a few political advisors telling him to "LOOK" tough. The problem is the enemy isn't fooled like many Americans are, and they take his weakness as one big fat a** green light.

Weakness invites aggression, period.
    Oh boy. I had this idea that there are experts sitting in the Pentagon, who have studied all this stuff for years, who have advanced degrees, who speak Arabic and other languages, and these experts have meetings about how to destroy ISIS. At the very least, I assumed that what they do in the Pentagon is some sort of good-faith effort. Now you're telling me that much of it is posing, posturing, pandering, pretending, politicizing. [takes a deep breath]. Well, I guess that's how the real world works. I didn't want to believe it. I still don't want to believe it. Even though I tend to be naive, I know that corruption exists. I just didn't think it would be that bad. If the Pentagon is that corrupt, that weak, then it means that ISIS is a much more serious threat. Because:

Leave a comment:

• jhall
    replied
    Now lets remember ISIS is "JV" no worries....That's horsesheot!! Lets grind them up mixed with pigs fat and go chumming for tuna....Tunas are running this time of year and I like to fish..

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Isn't that in Egypt???

Leave a comment:

• Langford PR
    replied
    Originally posted by bsd13 View Post
    Wait until they release a video of that 26 year old female American hostage they have being burned alive. Then maybe this country will wake the hell up.

Nah, probably not. Much easier to worry about things like the psi in a football or the latest drug addled celebrity than something like this.
    Denial is the happiest place in the universe.....................

Leave a comment:

• Langford PR
    replied
    .......It's nothing more than a few political advisors telling him to "LOOK" tough. The problem is the enemy isn't fooled like many Americans are, and they take his weakness as one big fat a** green light.

ISIS has gained even MORE territory in Syria since we started bombing. Our bombing "campaign" is just a photo op campaign and I'm disgusted with the Generals who won't resign to bring light to the fact it's just a photo op campaign.
    Spot-on point.....cowards are EVERYWHERE......!

.............And here's what most people don't understand about dropping bombs. We HAVE to have people on the ground who can guide our planes EXACTLY to the right spot. My second Air Force assignment was in a forward air control squadron where the pilots were trained to FAC from the air and from the ground. I've been in the back seat of our planes during exercises watching them do it firsthand.

In our high tech world that seems surprising to most people but it's just a fact............
    Strategic bombing of any kind has never worked.......but once....and that was with different ordinance.

Let me get back to ya, bud. Not sure of your point but I'll have to get back anyway....

Are you saying that Sadat tried and it didn't work? If so, I'll tell you that I believe this is a watershed event.....a turning point....and social media has a lot to do with why this is different.....
    ... Love ya, girl. My point? Fight to win. Good people can quibble about how that can be accomplished...BUT...whatever the means, WIN!

Watershed event?? Although I'd characterize the same phrase for the moment I'll bet you and I see it differently.....

.........I see it as the first major strike at destabilizing Jordan (the solitary Rock of Gibraltar in the ME). You're a wise strategists.... What tactical advantage is given to ISIS if they turn northern Jordan into another battleground like Raqqa to Mosul is now? Sorry, Emma, you're watching borders disappear in the ME and we're all about to watch over the next year as the northern border of Jordan disappears......

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Nope. The majority of idiot Americans will roll onto their backs: "Game over Man!"

Leave a comment:

• slamdunc
    replied
    Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
    Can't wait for all the sleeper cells over here to be activated.
    IMHO, this is the kind of cheerleader thing that will unite them; it will probably help them to recruit new terrorists. On the flip-side, it should be re-uniting the American people.
    Originally posted by bsd13 View Post
    Much easier to worry about things like the psi in a football or the latest drug addled celebrity than something like this.
    This is because the media has entirely too much influence on us. If all stories were objective and factual, the news would be boring and very few people would watch it. We have been entertained far too long and educated entirely too little.

Leave a comment:

• bsd13
    replied
    Wait until they release a video of that 26 year old female American hostage they have being burned alive. Then maybe this country will wake the hell up.

Nah, probably not. Much easier to worry about things like the psi in a football or the latest drug addled celebrity than something like this.

Leave a comment:

• Aerohead
    replied
    Can't wait for all the sleeper cells over here to be activated. Probably why Obama and the DOJ want to castrate the police so that when they start fighting, it'll be easier for them to take over. Stock up on your guns and ammo boys and girls - I fear that an internal fight is coming.

Leave a comment:

• slamdunc
    replied
    Jordanian's King actually knows how to lead. He's actually trained in special forces (trained in the U.S.). Unlike Obama, King Abdullah will probably take the lead in this fight. But he'll need our help.
    This is a key difference between a true leader and a community organizer posing as a leader. Jordan King will do, our president will talk. I doubt they will actually get any help from the US.
    I think people should watch the entire 22 minutes too. Every person on this planet needs to know what we're dealing with.
    While videos like this aren't for everyone, I agree with you on this point. Sadly, the people in charge do know
    what's going on and willfully refuse to take action.
    I don't delude myself into thinking that Mitt Romney would have done much more about the situation. We need leadership; someone with a backbone, guts, gumption, balls if you will. This thing is not going away.

I can't help remembering Kevin Costner and Sean Connery's lines in The Untouchables:
    Malone: You said you wanted to get Capone. Do you really wanna get him? You see what I'm saying is, what are you prepared to do?

Ness: Anything within the law.

Malone: And *then* what are you prepared to do? If you open the can on these worms you must be prepared to go all the way. Because they're not gonna give up the fight, until one of you is dead.

Ness: I want to get Capone! I don't know how to do it.

Malone: You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I'm offering you a deal. Do you want this deal?

Ness: I have sworn to capture this man with all legal powers at my disposal and I will do so.

Malone: Well, the Lord hates a coward.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
    1) You still don't get me, Emma.
    2) How did that work out for Sadat?
    3) I'll never forget it.....but POTUS never even considered it.....he doesn't give a ****!

??
    Let me get back to ya, bud. Not sure of your point but I'll have to get back anyway....

Are you saying that Sadat tried and it didn't work? If so, I'll tell you that I believe this is a watershed event.....a turning point....and social media has a lot to do with why this is different.....

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5445 users online. 291 members and 5154 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X