300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
    But I just got through explaining in my last post that despite the beheadings that have been occurring since last year, Obama and our allies have been timid and doing half assed measures instead of showing resolve, so unfortunately your statement would be untrue up to last week when King Abdullah took action because of his pilot, not because of social media. IOW, I'm saying be careful in your analysis of exactly which way social media takes the cause.
    Good point. Emma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
      Now, now, Carbie cakes. No need to talk to me like I'm a naïve loony bin liberal 14 year old emotional girl. I assure you I'm not a loony liberal.

But what I am is someone that's been in almost every country of the Middle East. And if I wasn't actually living/visiting in the remaining countries, I've stood on the borders or stood on heightened land looking into or over the other few except for Saudi Arabia.

I've also been to Auschwitz, where my military-history-major ex-husband of German descent helped me as someone of Polish descent relive what the Jews and Poles went through in that camp as we toured it. Or did you forget that millions of Poles also died at the hands of Nazis as well?

So spare me the condescension.

You can disagree by posting with counter factual points, but don't f*cking talk to me like I'm 14 years old. Get it? Got it? Good.

I'm telling you that ISIS is worse and we can just agree to disagree because you're not offering up a damn thing to change my mind.
      I wasn't trying to talk down to you. I'm not looking for a fight. I was bringing attention to a point that I genuinely believe to be valid. If ISIS were slaughtering millions of people (which I genuinely believe that they would do if they had the capability), the world would unite against them and demand immediate drastic action.

I certainly haven't forgotten about the Poles, the ~30 million that Stalin killed, or the >1 million that Pol Pot took from this world. History is littered with insane sociopaths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
        If ISIS were slaughtering millions of people (which I genuinely believe that they would do if they had the capability), the world would unite against them and demand immediate drastic action.
        They aren't slaughtering millions only because they haven't achieved a body count over a million.....yet. And that last word is the key here. ISIS is certainly showing capability to reach such numbers. And they've certainly shown that they intend to expand beyond their current locations to who knows where.

Why must we sit on our hands in ignorance simply because their murder count hasn't reached seven figures yet? Are all those people who have been slaughtered already just expendable lives? And are those future innocent victims up to 1,000,000 simply of no value to anyone?

Considering all the grief that Neville Chamberlain has (rightfully) been given for failing to keep Hitler in check, the glossing over of the overt murderous intentions & actions of ISIS is ignorant & dangerous.
        This Space For Rent

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
          They aren't slaughtering millions only because they haven't achieved a body count over a million.....yet. And that last word is the key here. ISIS is certainly showing capability to reach such numbers. And they've certainly shown that they intend to expand beyond their current locations to who knows where.

Why must we sit on our hands in ignorance simply because their murder count hasn't reached seven figures yet? Are all those people who have been slaughtered already just expendable lives? And are those future innocent victims up to 1,000,000 simply of no value to anyone?

Considering all the grief that Neville Chamberlain has (rightfully) been given for failing to keep Hitler in check, the glossing over of the overt murderous intentions & actions of ISIS is ignorant & dangerous.
          I'm not glossing over how real of a threat that ISIS poses. I'm all for their swift eradication. I'm fully aware that they would take every Christian\Jewish\Hindu\Buddhist\non-believer\'infidel'\etc. life on this planet with the push of a button if they could.

All I've done is state that other regimes have done equally deplorable things, and that the general populace won't take sufficient notice until the situation is even further out of control than it already is. How my statements are being misconstrued as something even resembling support for these animals is beyond me.
          Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 02-09-2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Just a little good news.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/09/isis-he...-for-his-life/

Cowards. Here's to hoping they all disappear off the face of the earth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miller11x View Post
              LTG Michael Flynn: The former Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency for the Pentagon had a pretty awesome interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News regarding ISIS and he is throwing up red flags big time in regards to our POTUS and his administration not doing a damn thing. The interview is the very first part of the show so just skip the first minute intro and you'll be right on it.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/747896
              Miller, thanks for posting. It needs to be posted as much as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                I wasn't trying to talk down to you. I'm not looking for a fight. I was bringing attention to a point that I genuinely believe to be valid. If ISIS were slaughtering millions of people (which I genuinely believe that they would do if they had the capability), the world would unite against them and demand immediate drastic action.

I certainly haven't forgotten about the Poles, the ~30 million that Stalin killed, or the >1 million that Pol Pot took from this world. History is littered with insane sociopaths.
                Roger, understood, Carb. Thanks.

Comment

• We need to start treating these guys like they treated pirates in the 1600s. Kill them outright or capture them, get info, then kill them. Cause obviously no matter how long their held in Guantanamo doesn't make a difference they just go running right back to ISIS.

Comment

• Well...when you have POTUS protecting them, it's really a moot point.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• second-plane-hits-wtc-ap.jpg

Those are airplane accidents into "random" buildings.

Sincerely,
                      B. Obama
                      This Space For Rent

Comment

• In the wake of the confirmed death of the female American aide worker held hostage by ISIS, Obama has requested a three-year limited use of force authorization against ISIS. His request limits use of offensive ground forces so that any military action taken by America does not become another prolonged, drawn-out conflict waged by the American military like the one that occured after the US invasion of Iraq.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waffles1981 View Post
                          In the wake of the confirmed death of the female American aide worker held hostage by ISIS, Obama has requested a three-year limited use of force authorization against ISIS. His request limits use of offensive ground forces so that any military action taken by America does not become another prolonged, drawn-out conflict waged by the American military like the one that occured after the US invasion of Iraq.
                          You're kidding, right? You might want to read some of the endless posts/threads on this site which show the naivetee of your last statement.

He's doing that for one reason and one reason only: POLITICS. While the world has become a total mess on his watch, he wants the history books to show it was someone else's fault once it finally blows up in his face. Then he can point back and say, "I never used boots on the ground." Which is a *****ing lie to start with today, let alone as ISIS really gets our attention.

Speaking of which .....reports are out that they've recruited another 22,000 people.

Comment

• Why oh why does everyone believe everything the administration says?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Waffles1981 View Post
                              In the wake of the confirmed death of the female American aide worker held hostage by ISIS, Obama has requested a three-year limited use of force authorization against ISIS. His request limits use of offensive ground forces so that any military action taken by America does not become another prolonged, drawn-out conflict waged by the American military like the one that occured after the US invasion of Iraq.
                              Everything I've heard says it will be impossible to defeat them by air alone. obama wants it both ways, letting boots hit the ground proves he was wrong to pull out when he did. They are notorious micro-managers too, the military should be making military decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                                Everything I've heard says it will be impossible to defeat them by air alone. obama wants it both ways, letting boots hit the ground proves he was wrong to pull out when he did. They are notorious micro-managers too, the military should be making military decisions.
                                Agreed. And to bow and say I was wrong, I don't see that happening.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2589 users online. 132 members and 2457 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X