Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Max K, answer to your question about the Pentagon? Yes, there are plenty of smart people there. Same in the intel agencies. But don't forget overseeing the "regular" folks are political appointees. And in the Pentagon, you have some generals that are very political, and some that are are as professional as they can be.

IOW layered over all the smart people are the political appointees.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by bsd13 View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
    Why?

Obviously you haven't read the Iraq thread I started in June predicting all that's happened would happen. A number of us did.

Leave a comment:

• bsd13
    replied
    Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
    Hold on to your seats, folks, this is about to escalate.

King Abdullah with his tiny country that's short on natural resources, overwhelmed with refugees, and almost out of bullets and fuel is striking not just Syria but Iraq today. He is galvanizing the world. Obama is about to get dragged into finally PROPERLY supporting our alliance.
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Momentum is shifting in Washington because of Jordan and the King's actions. Wouldn't be surprised to see authorization to use force from Congress soon.

Maybe even Carrier Battle group. Maybe even troops on the ground.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Hold on to your seats, folks, this is about to escalate.

King Abdullah with his tiny country that's short on natural resources, overwhelmed with refugees, and almost out of bullets and fuel is striking not just Syria but Iraq today. He is galvanizing the world. Obama is about to get dragged into finally PROPERLY supporting our alliance.

Leave a comment:

• that's my hand
    replied
    Am I the only one who finds it more the coincidental that Obama's meeting with Muslim Brotherhood, (aka: ISIS, Al Qaida, ISIL) behind closed doors while he has simultaneously been evading requests to define America's role against ISIS?

What gives!!!!

Leave a comment:

• that's my hand
    replied
    Originally posted by JustAJ View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. The American politicians and media do not have the stomach to do what needs to be done. They want the war to be pretty and high tech - think drones and smart bombs. But it's not. It's a guy on the ground bringing death to an enemy soldier from distances that sometimes are close enough to smell their dying breath. It's not glamorous, it's not pretty, and it's the only way you win.
    You're right about that.

IMO, the underlying problem in all of it comes back to they both go the way of the highest bidder ....................

Look at Brian Williams example of media dishonesty ... pathetic. Everybody's always "sorry" AFTER they get their hands caught in the cookie jar.

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    Originally posted by jhall View Post
    Can we all put together a funding to finance him for 2016 elections here stateside?!?
    Why would he take a pay cut?

Leave a comment:

• jhall
    replied
    Can we all put together a funding to finance him for 2016 elections here stateside?!?

Leave a comment:

• J2H
    replied
    ISIS will get it in the pooper... more Westerners are foreign soldiers are heading over there to help the Kurds... we just need a new leader to spin us up and get us back in the fight!

Leave a comment:

• dauntless89
    replied
    From what little I've read of King Abdullah, he seems like a good leader to his people and an indispensable asset in the war on terror.

Also, his wife is hot. Good for him.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy8116
    replied
    Originally posted by Miller11x View Post
    Unconfirmed reports now that King Abdullah of Jordan is GOING TO FLY COMBAT SORTIES.

Whether this is true or not is up to you. But even if it is fake, you still have to be a true badass leader for people to make this up to the point where it may actually be true.
    That's. Freaking. Awesome.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Abdullah quoted Clint Eastwood during a closed meeting and is striking DAESCH right now. I'd say that he has a set of balls on him. POTUS, nothing between his legs but air...

Leave a comment:

• Shush
    replied
    Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
    Question: WHY in the hell do we have to be "better" then our enemy when it comes to protecting OUR people and OUR way of life?!?!?
    I agree completely.

And besides - fire raining down from the sky IS biblical........... just sayin'...

Leave a comment:

• Shush
    replied
    Originally posted by Miller11x View Post
    Also this...
    That's ridiculous and completely unfair. There is no way in heck he has balls that big.

Obama, I mean.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5765 users online. 324 members and 5441 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X