• Show
Clear All

• http://nypost.com/2015/02/07/jordan-...wipe-out-isis/

Way to go Jordan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
      One of my uncles was a Paratrooper during WWII. I really wish I could have picked his brain before he died. Unfortunately, I was young and dumb (17) and thought other things were more important.
      Ah yes, the mind of a teenager

Comment

• Originally posted by dauntless89 View Post
        Assuming she actually did die in the airstrike (yeah, I'm skeptical too) I'm sure getting blown up by a missile was preferable to whatever ISIS had in mind.
        #1. I don't believe ISIS at all ...............doubt it happened that way

#2. For all intents and purposes she was dead the moment she was captured

#3 As someone who actually spent considerable time over a period of 30 years contemplating the chances of being taken hostage I KNOW that I would much rather be killed in the attempt to rescue me than wait around thinking about what the captors had in mind for me . Nearly every co-worker thought the same.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
          Carb, bud, I tend to agree with you on economics but not on foreign policy or anything military related.

Let's start with you saying they expected a reaction and got it. Um, no. They expected to intimidate members of the Coalition as they've been doing (like our fearless leader) for some time now, hoping to make us or allies back off, and were hoping to divide Jordanians. The exact opposite happened.

They certainly both need to be put down but we'll have to agree to disagree on whether ISIS is worst. Do some research on beadings of children, crucifixions of children in the public square, unspeakable actions to women, and tying gay Muslims to chairs and ceremoniously throwing them off of tall buildings for example.
          I'm quite aware of the atrocities that ISIS has committed. However, I haven't forgotten that ~6 million Jewish people needlessly died at the hands of the Nazi's during the Final Solution. I know that ISIS would do the same if they could, but the Nazi's actually did it, and they did it to people who weren't even engaged in warfare with them. If video footage existed of the millions of Jewish women and children clawing at the walls of gas chambers, I don't think you'd be so quick to claim that one faction is 'worse' than the other.

The world simply has no place for some twisted ideologies, and ISIS more than qualifies as one of them that needs to go.
          Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 02-07-2015, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Once again, not every Nazi soldier would or did commit atrocities. Every member if isis believes in killing innocent people.
            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

• Not every soldier was a Nazi either. You make a great point.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                I'm quite aware of the atrocities that ISIS has committed. However, I haven't forgotten that ~6 million Jewish people needlessly died at the hands of the Nazi's during the Final Solution. I know that ISIS would do the same if they could, but the Nazi's actually did it, and they did it to people who weren't even engaged in warfare with them. If video footage existed of the millions of Jewish women and children clawing at the walls of gas chambers, I don't think you'd be so quick to claim that one faction is 'worse' than the other.

The world simply has no place for some twisted ideologies, and ISIS more than qualifies as one of them that needs to go.

Now, now, Carbie cakes. No need to talk to me like I'm a naïve loony bin liberal 14 year old emotional girl. I assure you I'm not a loony liberal.

But what I am is someone that's been in almost every country of the Middle East. And if I wasn't actually living/visiting in the remaining countries, I've stood on the borders or stood on heightened land looking into or over the other few except for Saudi Arabia.

I've also been to Auschwitz, where my military-history-major ex-husband of German descent helped me as someone of Polish descent relive what the Jews and Poles went through in that camp as we toured it. Or did you forget that millions of Poles also died at the hands of Nazis as well?

So spare me the condescension.

You can disagree by posting with counter factual points, but don't f*cking talk to me like I'm 14 years old. Get it? Got it? Good.

I'm telling you that ISIS is worse and we can just agree to disagree because you're not offering up a damn thing to change my mind.
                Last edited by EmmaPeel; 02-08-2015, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  #1. I don't believe ISIS at all ...............doubt it happened that way

#2. For all intents and purposes she was dead the moment she was captured

#3 As someone who actually spent considerable time over a period of 30 years contemplating the chances of being taken hostage I KNOW that I would much rather be killed in the attempt to rescue me than wait around thinking about what the captors had in mind for me . Nearly every co-worker thought the same.
                  The insight from your #3 is exactly why this is my favorite site on the entire internet.

Comment

• Personally, I think they're both deplorable. If the internet/social media was around during the late 1930's, things would have been vastly different, and millions would definitely have been saved.

The big difference between then and now is that we can actually see what is going on in real time and our "leader" refuses to do what needs to be done. The most disgusting part is the amount of Americans that actually agree with him.
                    Originally posted by RSGSRT
                    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• As Predicted, ISIS Takes It To The Next Level

The other big difference between then and now is that our administration is a bunch of *******.

And of course politics come before people's lives. Let alone Americans lives. [emoji35]

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                        Personally, I think they're both deplorable. If the internet/social media was around during the late 1930's, things would have been vastly different, and millions would definitely have been saved.

The big difference between then and now is that we can actually see what is going on in real time and our "leader" refuses to do what needs to be done. The most disgusting part is the amount of Americans that actually agree with him.
                        Originally posted by Meizele_15481 View Post
                        The other big difference between then and now is that our administration is a bunch of *******.

And of course politics come before people's lives. Let alone Americans lives. [emoji35]

I think we still have to be careful looking through our "normal person" eyes at this when you talk about social media.

So far, social media has actually helped ISIS recruitment significantly. It has turned off many people too, but up till possibly this last week, it didn't transfer to any kind of tough action by the alliance. In fact, ISIS has been successful at making the alliance timid, such as the UAE stopping their sorties in December.

I'm saying that King Abdullah is changing that now, but that's not social media.....that's someone on our side showing tremendous courage and leadership.

In other words you can't assume social media automatically means the sickos will stop their sadism. So far, social media has been used to swell the ranks of psychos.

Comment

• Social media does enable them but it bites them when the world sees their barbarism. If only there would be more action in removing them off the face of the earth, king Abdullah is a start most certainly.

Comment

• Part of the issue is that some in the world, enjoy seeing all that on the 'net and embrace it. Similar to thugs in the US aping what they see and hear...
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by Meizele_15481 View Post
                              Social media does enable them but it bites them when the world sees their barbarism. If only there would be more action in removing them off the face of the earth, king Abdullah is a start most certainly.

But I just got through explaining in my last post that despite the beheadings that have been occurring since last year, Obama and our allies have been timid and doing half assed measures instead of showing resolve, so unfortunately your statement would be untrue up to last week when King Abdullah took action because of his pilot, not because of social media. IOW, I'm saying be careful in your analysis of exactly which way social media takes the cause.

Comment

• LTG Michael Flynn: The former Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency for the Pentagon had a pretty awesome interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News regarding ISIS and he is throwing up red flags big time in regards to our POTUS and his administration not doing a damn thing. The interview is the very first part of the show so just skip the first minute intro and you'll be right on it.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/747896
                                Last edited by Miller11x; 02-08-2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3754 users online. 252 members and 3502 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X