Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowgirling is dangerous

A public service announcement.

Ladies please, you're not in a rodeo....

By Sarah Knapton, Science Editor

12:37PM GMT 21 Jan 2015

It might have emancipated women from the drudgery of the 'Missionary Position', but it seems that men are paying a painful price for revolution in the bedroom.

"Woman on top" is the most dangerous sex position, according to a new scientific study.

Scientists have found that the position, dubbed "cowgirl", is responsible for half of all penile fractures in the bedroom.

The research also revealed that the "doggy-style" position, with women on all fours, is behind 29 per cent of afflictions.

In contrast, the traditional "man on top" is responsible for just 21 per cent.

Doctors and academics looked at patients attending three A&E units with suspected "penile fractures" over a 13 year period.
    Half of them reported hearing a crack before experiencing pain, with some also suffering swelling.
    Their average age was 34 and some of the men waited up to six hours before seeking medical help.
    The research concluded: "Our study supports the fact that sexual intercourse with 'woman on top' is the potentially riskiest sexual position related to penile fracture.

"Our hypothesis is that when woman is on top she usually controls the movement with her entire body weight landing on the erect penis, not being able to interrupt it when the penis suffers a wrong way penetration, because the harm is usually minor in woman with no pain but major in the penis.

"On the contrary, when the man is controlling the movement, he has better chances of stopping the penetration energy in response to the pain related to the penis harm, minimizing it."
    The study found that 44 men had attended hospital, with 42 having "the condition confirmed after clinical, radiological and surgical evaluation".
    Of these, 28 were injured in heterosexual romps, four during homosexual intercourse, six as a result of "penis manipulation" and four in circumstances which were "unclear".

The study, published in the Advances in Urology journal, reads: "Half of patients (50 per cent) presented with the classical triad of an audible crack followed by pain.
    "The presentation time of patients to the hospital after penile fracture ranged from 0.5 to 6 hours."

"Penile fracture is a relatively uncommon clinical condition that frequently causes fear and embarrassment for the patient, hypothetically resulting in delayed search for medical assistance, which can lead to impairment of sexual and voiding functions,” said the authors.
    "Considering that most studies are retrospective and based on patients records information regarding the social dynamics surrounding penile fracture is scarce in the literature, mainly potentially risky sexual positions."

The scientists, who looked at three hospitals in Campinas, a city of three million people in Brazil, used hospital records and in some cases interviewed the patients.

I believe it. I think it's mainly because the ladies either aren't aware of the importance of proper alignment, or get caught up in the moment and don't think of it.

I've had a couple close calls myself...

Comment

What about sex swings? They seem dangerous.....
      REINSTATE THE TRIG
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      Your logic defies logic
      Originally posted by Rudy8116
      Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
      Originally posted by Michigan
      Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
      Originally posted by TheTick
      A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
      This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
      Originally posted by 02paul09
      Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

I had a girlfriend who was just a little too much into the cowgirl thing.....

It was really weird having that clown in the room for when she fell off...
        This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post

Yeah but I'll bet he kept her occupied while you regrouped.

Comment

Well as long as they stay on for at least 8 seconds...........
            It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Where do you sign up to be in this study is the real question , i will volunteer my body for the sake of science to test their numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by jdthor View Post
                Where do you sign up to be in this study is the real question , i will volunteer my body for the sake of science to test their numbers.
                Have scientists watch as some girl is cowgirl on you? No thanks.....or close the blinds
                REINSTATE THE TRIG
                Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                Your logic defies logic
                Originally posted by Rudy8116
                Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                Originally posted by Michigan
                Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                Originally posted by 02paul09
                Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Originally posted by dauntless89 View Post
                  I believe it. I think it's mainly because the ladies either aren't aware of the importance of proper alignment, or get caught up in the moment and don't think of it.

I've had a couple close calls myself...

Originally posted by indy_dibona View Post
                  What about sex swings? They seem dangerous.....

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                  A public service announcement.

Ladies please, you're not in a rodeo....

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post

Yeah but I'll bet he kept her occupied while you regrouped.

Originally posted by PtownVAMike View Post

Originally posted by jdthor View Post

Originally posted by indy_dibona View Post
                  Have scientists watch as some girl is cowgirl on you? No thanks.....or close the blinds

Listen to them there city folks my dear Trig!

Ya' my love cowgirl carol, their probably rejects from broke back mountain!
                  Originally posted by mookster
                  Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                  Originally posted by CityCopDC
                  I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                  Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                  I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                  -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by asullivan View Post

Sign me up! As long as she ain't wearing spurs, I hate it when they do that.

Comment

The research also revealed that the "doggy-style" position, with women on all fours, is behind 29 per cent of afflictions.
                      This position is also responsible for 100% of all donkey punches, and a large percentage of breakups resulting from the answer to "What's my name!!" being incorrect.

Originally posted by PtownVAMike View Post
                      8 seconds? I wouldn't know what to do with the extra time.

Sign me up! As long as she ain't wearing spurs, I hate it when they do that.[/CENTER]
                      Dude, live a little. I mean, who hasn't been spurred into action after being smacked with a riding crop. Sorry, wrong forum...

Comment

I'm married, so........yeah.......
                        Originally posted by RSGSRT
                        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I'm from Texas. I'm a cowboy, a real cowboy. I was a bronc rider for six years of my life. And it's affected me. Now, when I have sex, my arm goes like this. [makes jerking motions with his right arm] Seems to be some dispute between the wife and I whether or not I'm staying on that full eight seconds. So we got the timer and the buzzer and set it up right there in the bedroom and I taught her the meaning of the phrase, "most of the time."
                          Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

I've only seen one of these injuries. How he got in the car, I have no idea. We had to get him out of the back seat and we were tempted to call the FD to cut him out. All the time we were struggling to get the guy out, his gf was muttering...sh*t! it broke...who knew you could break it? It made this awful sound....what did we break?
                            We tried not to giggle, but it was really difficult.
                            The guy went to the OR just about right away for repair. From what I understand , you can't use it for more than basic functions until 6 weeks later.
                            Originally posted by JasperST
                            "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
                            It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Originally posted by Trauma1 View Post
                              I've only seen one of these injuries. How he got in the car, I have no idea. We had to get him out of the back seat and we were tempted to call the FD to cut him out. All the time we were struggling to get the guy out, his gf was muttering...sh*t! it broke...who knew you could break it? It made this awful sound....what did we break?
                              We tried not to giggle, but it was really difficult.
                              The guy went to the OR just about right away for repair. From what I understand , you can't use it for more than basic functions until 6 weeks later.
                              Dang. That's missing a lot of rodeos. How about a splint?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3561 users online. 225 members and 3336 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X