Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Sharpton claims Oscars are not diverse enough, calls for an emergency meeting

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Sharpton claims Oscars are not diverse enough, calls for an emergency meeting

Please note: this is not from The Onion

http://buzz.blog.ajc.com/2015/01/16/...r-nominations/

Rev. Al Sharpton calls emergency meeting, plans action protesting Oscar nominations

Activist Rev. Al Sharpton has called an emergency meeting and plans “possible action” to protest the lack of diversity in this year’s Academy Awards nominations, according to a statement he posted online.

While he saluted the best-picture nomination “Selma” received, he fumed at the lack of diversity in other categories.

“The movie industry is like the Rocky Mountains, the higher you get, the whiter it gets,” his statement read. “I have called an emergency meeting early next week in Hollywood with the task force to discuss possible action around the Academy Awards.”

And they won't have the balls to tell him to **** off.

Comment

Denzel Washington would disagree.
      I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

To call him a mental midget would be an insult to mental midgets.
        It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

They'll probably cave and add a best black actor award for next year.
          Then the best gay.
          Transgendered.
          Fat.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
            They'll probably cave and add a best black actor award for next year.
            Then the best gay.
            Transgendered.
            Fat.
            I was thinking the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
              Please note: this is not from The Onion

http://buzz.blog.ajc.com/2015/01/16/...r-nominations/

He really has nothing to do.....

Comment

Maybe it was about ****ty actors, not about race... Go figure.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

To someone who is younger than me or way out of the NY area look up Tawana Brawley and read about what disgusting Al is all about. Here is a jack*** that they say owes millions in back taxes and yet he's free to rome around and visit the White House how many times?
                  We are at the point where government will do what it wants because the power of the vote isn't working anymore. Hmmm depressing.

Comment

OPP...yeah. You know me...
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

again...pussification of our country. Its no longer about achievement or earned sucess, its about skin color, no matter what the circumstances or, more importantly, FACTS are. MLK has to be rolling!

If the "reverend" owes so much in taxes, how the hell can he afford to travel about this country purporting his race bating huckster activities??? Why do people give this felon any relevant attention???

so sad what weve become
                      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                        Denzel Washington would disagree.
                        Story time!!!

I took a "Race and Racism" class during my senior year in college. I was one of 2 white people in the class. Very eye opening class. I recommend it to every white person.

Anywho, Denzel Washington was brought up and the fact that he didn't win a Best Actor Oscar until the movie Training Day - where he played a corrupt cop. Some people in the class thought it was because he is black. I (bravely) interjected myself into the discussion and mentioned that Denzel has almost always played a good guy - and that it wasn't until Training Day that he stepped out of his usual good guy role and played someone completely different and evil - the complete opposite of pretty much every character he has ever played. Wasn't that the reason for the awards? To showcase outstanding acting?

You could hear a pin drop in the class it was so silent. My classmates NEVER even considered that.

Needless to say - we all learned a lot from each other in that class.
                        Originally posted by RSGSRT
                        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2082872

Comment

They claim its the first time in years that no black actors are nominated, like 1st in 10 years or something like that,its rare but it gives this idiot more press.

Id like to nominate Rev Al Sharpton for a Oscar myself because hes got the role down pat of playing someone who gives a rats *** about everyone else when the cameras are turned on.

Comment

I remember when he did when, the reporters were trying to ask him all these questions about being the first black actor blah blah blah. Denzel, being the classy guy he is, just kept deflecting the questions.
                              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4065 users online. 207 members and 3858 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X