Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indy_dibona
    replied
    Grandpa's are undoubtedly the best; some of my favorite memories of my early childhood were with my grandfather

Leave a comment:

• RR_Security
    replied
    If Grandpa can't fix it, it is well and truly toast. But Grandpa just might go out and buy the replacement.

My oldest granddaughter (age 5) thinks I'm cool because when she invites me to a tea party, I bring real tea. (Arizona Diet Blueberry is her fave, but she likes Snapple Peach or Strawberry, too.) Taught the kid to stick her little finger out when holding the handle of a Barbie cup.
    I also provide cowbells, tambourines, and other stuff she can make "music" with. Most of that stuff stays at our house; her mother wasn't real pleased with the little green tambourine that I provided as one of the kid's Christmas presents. (Hey, I wasn't either of the people who bought the kid a karaoke machine.) I gave her a Hohner kazoo and a set of sleigh bells with a D-handle the night La Wife and I took her on the Jingle Bell Express train ride, and we had a great time playing Christmas songs. (Heck yeah, I bought a kazoo for me, too. And a third one so #3 Granddaughter can join in some day, too. )

When Grammie bought a bag of fireworks (now legal in Maine) for New Year's Eve, you know who was designated to be the pyrotechnician. I think the kid enjoyed the display (from a safe distance) before the cold drove us all back indoors.

It is a skill set I'm proud to have.

Leave a comment:

• steve354
    started a topic For all us grandpa's.

For all us grandpa's.

I think it's pretty cool.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3974 users online. 271 members and 3703 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X