300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are truly screwed.

I don't know what's sadder, the fact that his fans do not know who Paul is, or that Paul would stoop low enough to make music with a scumbag like West. I know some will lecture me on how West is such a great talent and how I should listen to his music before being critical. But I actually tried that once. Let me just say that if I were accused of a crime, all the authorities would have to do is lock me in a room and play this **** and I'd immediately confess to anything.

Anyway, wouldn't West's fans first clue have been that most people don't begin a musical career in their 70's?

These Kanye West Fans Don't Know Who Paul McCartney Is, Which Means All of Society Is Doomed | E! Online

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
    I don't know what's sadder, the fact that his fans do not know who Paul is, or that Paul would stoop low enough to make music with a scumbag like West. I know some will lecture me on how West is such a great talent and how I should listen to his music before being critical. But I actually tried that once. Let me just say that if I were accused of a crime, all the authorities would have to do is lock me in a room and play this **** and I'd immediately confess to anything.

Anyway, wouldn't West's fans first clue have been that most people don't begin a musical career in their 70's?
    I hear you !!!!!

However Sir Paul is well known for supporting music of all kinds---------------- Not only a great talent, but one who sees the talents in others.

Yes West is a scumbag
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      I hear you !!!!!

However Sir Paul is well known for supporting music of all kinds---------------- Not only a great talent, but one who sees the talents in others.

Yes West is a scumbag
      Not sure what he sees in West but oh well.

I agree that Paul is a great talent. Amazing when you think about how he was the third most talented in the Beatles behind John and George.

For those who disagree about George, remember that the Beatles would only allow a few of his songs to make it on albums and that was latter in their history. But look at some of the ones that did make it:

Here Comes the Sun
      Taxman
      Something
      While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

He was also an amazing guitarist as well.

Comment

McCartney was in a band before Wings?

</close smart*** mode>
        --
        Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Originally posted by RR_Security View Post

</close smart*** mode>
          Just a small 4 member band of little consequence.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by RR_Security View Post

</close smart*** mode>
            This is a link to Ram, an album from between Beatles and Wings:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDOkBmtRzwM

Comment

And heres a special link to the batcave for you also

http://batcave.mlcbooks.com/

Comment

For those who disagree about George, remember that the Beatles would only allow a few of his songs to make it on albums and that was latter in their history. But look at some of the ones that did make it:

Here Comes the Sun
                Taxman
                Something
                While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

He was also an amazing guitarist as well.
                Damn right. George did some amazing stuff with volume swells ("Yes It Is" and "I Need You") and with a Leslie speaker. (Heard with Eric Clapton's solo on "Badge," from Cream's final album, Goodbye. George was credited as "L'Angelo Misterioso." G.H. co-wrote it with E.C.)
                I still love those sounds.

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                This is a link to Ram, an album from between Beatles and Wings
                Cool; I hadn't heard "Too Many People" for so long, I forgot about that one. Wikipedia says it was the B-side of "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey," by Paul and Linda. I knew that one was theirs, but I guess I always assumed it was with Wings.
                --

Comment

Why are we screwed? I don't get the whole uproar over comments made by teens/young adults whose parents were toddlers when the Beatles were still together.

Kanye West is indeed a piece of shyt - but he didn't get rich by accident.

Musical tastes are extremely subjective. To say one person is an idiot because they don't like or like a certain "artist" is kind of ridiculous.

Personally, I'm not a Paul McCartney fan.
                  Originally posted by RSGSRT
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                    Why are we screwed? I don't get the whole uproar over comments made by teens/young adults whose parents were toddlers when the Beatles were still together.

Kanye West is indeed a piece of shyt - but he didn't get rich by accident.

Musical tastes are extremely subjective. To say one person is an idiot because they don't like or like a certain "artist" is kind of ridiculous.

Personally, I'm not a Paul McCartney fan.
                    I don't think I said that someone was an idiot for not like Paul. They're idiots for 1) not knowing who he is, regardless of how young they are and for 2) suggesting that Kanye was going to make him big.

Even giving them a pass on the first one, it's pretty clear that McCartney looks 70 ish. Did it ever dawn on them that, as a general rule, people don't begin a music career at 70? That would have been my first clue that he was probably already somebody.

Comment

I don't think I said that someone was an idiot for not like Paul. They're idiots for 1) not knowing who he is, regardless of how young they are and for 2) suggesting that Kanye was going to make him big.

Even giving them a pass on the first one, it's pretty clear that McCartney looks 70 ish. Did it ever dawn on them that, as a general rule, people don't begin a music career at 70? That would have been my first clue that he was probably already somebody.
                      You're expecting people to seek out information and know who Paul McCartney is when they can't even write out the word "You" anymore in text messages?

Let's face it - Paul McCartney is only relevant to people who are fans of his or pay attention to the news. Kanye, on the other hand, is constantly on TMZ and in the tabloids because of his whore wife and his temper. Plus, I heard somewhere that he's a rapper or something.

ETA: The Beatles broke up 10 years before I was born. John Lennon was killed the year I was born. My first introduction to Paul was that he was the writer of "Live and Let Die" which Guns N Roses performed on their 'Use Your Illusion 1' album.
                      Last edited by Aerohead; 01-05-2015, 11:59 AM.
                      Originally posted by RSGSRT
                      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Who is Kanye West?

Comment

Did it ever dawn on them that, as a general rule, people don't begin a music career at 70?
                          Well, as long as I've still got a few years to set up my first world tour and everything.

I might ask Mike Huckabee to be the bass player on the tour. Saw him jamming with the Swon Brothers on his show recently, and just found out he has his own band.

Many members of the generation-that-thinks-Lincoln-was-a-Founding-Father probably don't know who Huckabee is, either. shakehead.gif
                          --

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                            This is a link to Ram, an album from between Beatles and Wings:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDOkBmtRzwM
                            What is he doing to that poor ram?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post

Let's face it - Paul McCartney is only relevant to people who are fans of his or pay attention to the news. Kanye, on the other hand, is constantly on TMZ and in the tabloids because of his whore wife and his temper. Plus, I heard somewhere that he's a rapper or something.
                              No sorry, Paul McCartney is relevant to the HISTORY of music.

As a legend if nothing else.

He is arguably the most prolific singer/songwriter of the 20th Century and is a leading one of the 21st Century. He has been a constant performer since before I WAS born which means his career spans 7 DECADES. He is no flash in the pan.

My guess he is probably one of the highest grossing performers ever.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5105 users online. 309 members and 4796 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X