300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who does model airplanes?

I haven't done any model airplane building/flying but I've always found the miniature engines for them extremely cool, as a kid I had a couple of the Cox baby bee engines I used to run on the bench. I have one of those and these two older engines from around 1995 made in Japan.

This one is a 1995 OS Max 10

This photo below is a "stock" photo since I don't have a good one of mine yet, but the one I have is from around 1995 and is a Saito 30 four stroke 5cc. The machining and work on these is amazing, especially given a four stroke engine requires valves, cam and rockers which the two stroke doesn't. I've seen one of these apart and how they made those tiny valves, valve guides, springs, rockers, piston, piston ring, etc is just amazing.
    I wanted one example of each basic "type" of engine, two and four stroke, but who knows, I might pick up another interesting engine here and there in the future.

It seems a lot of the model airplanes sold now have electric motors, but none are as cool as a real combustion engine that takes fuel!

Last edited by Sculptor; 12-28-2014, 12:41 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4105 users online. 257 members and 3848 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X