Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying in Washington DC

Hello everybody !!

I am a retired LEO from Dade County, Florida. I am leaving for DC in the morning and want any tips regarding carrying while there. I have been in contact with several retired guys in VA and in DC about carrying in the museums and so on. They all say I am good to go and to just talk to the security guys before going through the metal detectors. I have my 10 round mags to conform with the law there. I also have the appropriate credentials, badge and current qualification card. Any info is appreciated. Sorry about the short notice Thanks

How ya like the nice weather we brewed up for your visit?

Comment

Originally posted by bill5074 View Post
      Hello everybody !!

I am a retired LEO from Dade County, Florida. I am leaving for DC in the morning and want any tips regarding carrying while there. I have been in contact with several retired guys in VA and in DC about carrying in the museums and so on. They all say I am good to go and to just talk to the security guys before going through the metal detectors. I have my 10 round mags to conform with the law there. I also have the appropriate credentials, badge and current qualification card. Any info is appreciated. Sorry about the short notice Thanks
      First off, "I have my 10 round mags to conform with the law there".

--> Which laws are you referring to? DC does not have any sort of 10 round mag limit. You a retired LEO, you're good to go. A couple of suggestions I would make is don't walk around with an open carry. There must be about 50 law enforcement agencies operating in the District, so cops in DC are used to dealing with cops carrying. Chances are that if you are open carrying, you'll be stopped and questioned by at least one of those agencies/departments. Keep your retired creds with you.

The Smithsonian and other museums all have mags and screening to go through. Simply walk up to one of the guards, flash your creds and they will get you through. The White House, Capitol (include Library of Congress) and Supreme Court will not let you carry. They will take you to an office and have you stow in a lock box. Then see them when you leave to retrieve your service weapon.

DC is a tourist town and the police are used to dealing with visiting LEO's all of the time. Anywhere that you see a security screening simply walk up to the guards/officers working the screening area and flash your creds without making a big production out of it and explain that you are an armed retired LEO. They are used to dealing with that situation everyday.

Enjoy. If you have some more specific questions feel free to send me a private message.

Comment

Please let me introduce myself Sire Officer bill5074.

I am da' Admiral da' professa' of stuff in this here fair town we call d' O....ergo, I am the towns nut case...

Congratulations on make'in it out and alive, so ya' can enjoy life..

If I may, Sire Officer Bill, here's a linky dinky thingy to the main D.C. thready...=>http://forums.officer.com/f190/
        It is thar' that ya' might inquire for inquiring minds.

Also the NRA has gobs of stuff on reciprocity laws and agreements, ect, ect via thar' home page and the ILA, and PVF ect..

I used to be a Law enforcement distributor for S&W before becoming rogue O.COM bank robber, stage coach robber, and a general nuisance to society outside da' fence. Now I'm the same here in da' O.

IMHO I have personally given and witnessed professional courtesy when it comes to coppers. I.E. if a LEO wud come into my shop(s) the state of residency became moot as well as other "technicalities", all on the "up and up" of course. The Same went for active military...

Time tiz' a change'in so form 4473 probably has been tweaked too..I.E. when I was wheel'in and deal'in thar' twas no Q on form 4473 about D.V or Q11h.

We didn't have to go thru dat' commie, Hitler type interrogation type crap in tha' NICS database nutha'..

Live'in here in O.COM sector 69 I had a lot of attempted straw buys..Hell I cud' sniff them up wind in a hurricane...

It was not unusual for mexican federalizes try that..musta' had hundreds if not thousands in my career..

I've told sum pretty funny stuff that went down in my shops here...I think I've seen about every move..I remember one particular agency gave me a M2 W/O the $200.00 transfer stamp overlook'in it as a M1 carbine. I called the Armorer. He was up here so fast I dink he used da' agency's whirylbirdy..

I handed over that sweet lil M2 and before he left he threw me a preban Beretta 950BS in 6.35×16 mmSR...Later he declared it came out of evidence (After tha' trial and conviction of a local whore.)...I have it in my possession today..

Sire Detective JonathanE gave some very good pointers, I just wanted to fill in some gaps...

Respectively,

Alex"the Admiral" Sully Sullivan
        Sector 69 O.COM
        Last edited by asullivan; 01-09-2015, 03:21 PM. Reason: sEcret disComBobuLation
        Originally posted by mookster
        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
        Originally posted by CityCopDC
        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Just got back from the trip a few days ago. Everything went smoothly and I came back with the same amount of ammo I left with ! Weather was really nice, mostly in the 40's and lows in the 30's. All the cops I talked with were awesome and easy to deal with. Thanks again for the feedback, Stay safe

Comment

Originally posted by asullivan View Post
            Please let me introduce myself Sire Officer bill5074.

I am da' Admiral da' professa' of stuff in this here fair town we call d' O....ergo, I am the towns nut case...

Congratulations on make'in it out and alive, so ya' can enjoy life..

If I may, Sire Officer Bill, here's a linky dinky thingy to the main D.C. thready...=>http://forums.officer.com/f190/
            It is thar' that ya' might inquire for inquiring minds.

Also the NRA has gobs of stuff on reciprocity laws and agreements, ect, ect via thar' home page and the ILA, and PVF ect..

I used to be a Law enforcement distributor for S&W before becoming rogue O.COM bank robber, stage coach robber, and a general nuisance to society outside da' fence. Now I'm the same here in da' O.

IMHO I have personally given and witnessed professional courtesy when it comes to coppers. I.E. if a LEO wud come into my shop(s) the state of residency became moot as well as other "technicalities", all on the "up and up" of course. The Same went for active military...

Time tiz' a change'in so form 4473 probably has been tweaked too..I.E. when I was wheel'in and deal'in thar' twas no Q on form 4473 about D.V or Q11h.

We didn't have to go thru dat' commie, Hitler type interrogation type crap in tha' NICS database nutha'..

Live'in here in O.COM sector 69 I had a lot of attempted straw buys..Hell I cud' sniff them up wind in a hurricane...

It was not unusual for mexican federalizes try that..musta' had hundreds if not thousands in my career..

I've told sum pretty funny stuff that went down in my shops here...I think I've seen about every move..I remember one particular agency gave me a M2 W/O the $200.00 transfer stamp overlook'in it as a M1 carbine. I called the Armorer. He was up here so fast I dink he used da' agency's whirylbirdy..

I handed over that sweet lil M2 and before he left he threw me a preban Beretta 950BS in 6.35×16 mmSR...Later he declared it came out of evidence (After tha' trail and conviction of a local whore.)...I have it in my possession today..

Sire Detective JonathanE gave some very good pointers, I just wanted to fill in some gaps...

Respectively,

Alex"the Admiral" Sully Sullivan
            Sector 69 O.COM

I pray that the ATF hires you and lets you respond to written inquiries. I'll bet that you could give a heck of a press conference as well.

Comment

Just stuff it under a cushion upon your arrival at each location:

http://forums.officer.com/t186474/

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                Congrats on being a retired guy that still has his head in the game.

Ya' no kidd'in!!

I'd bet My orfice and da' Trig dat' less than 1% of da' population really has some sort of clue what and how it is ta' be a cop. I got a peeerty gud idear' butts that's only cuz I done a million R.A.'s
                I'm serious too! I dink it wud be great if we could implant in every hater just one 10 hour shift in thar pea sized dung brains during a high volume call shift.

Hell 99.99999% of them don't even know that cops enforce da' stupid laws, not cook em up..same amount don't even get it that a cops job is not to protect a singular joe blow but keep all the bums from kill'in each other.

If I had a wish, i wud wish that all cops wud just disappear for 72 hours. That wud weed out a lot worthless air breathers.

Why them thar' scumbag civies that hold up thar' hands and carry round those stupid signs makes da' original babbler

BABBLE, on the other hand, means (as a noun, but also is a transitive and intransitive verb): 1) [1362] Inarticulate or meaningless talk or sounds. 2) [1230] Idle or foolish talk; chatter or prattle. 3) [1399] A continuous low, murmuring sound, as of streams, brooks, and birds [and thus the ‘babbler’ birds. It comes from either Middle Low German ‘babbelen,’ to prattle, or was formed independently in English as a frequentative (i.e. a verb of repeated action). ‘Babble is based on the repeated ‘ba-ba-ba’ made by a young baby or child practicing speech sounds. This is similar to the process seen in the formation of ‘mama’ and ‘papa.’ Also based on ‘ba,’ French has its ‘babiller,’ to prattle; Icelandic has its ‘babbla,’ to prattle; Latin had ‘babulus’ and ‘babbler,’ meaning ‘babbler,’ and ‘stammering,’ respectively; and Sanskrit had ‘balbala-kr-,’ to stammer.

Look like William F. Buckley Jr.

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                I pray that the ATF hires you and lets you respond to written inquiries. I'll bet that you could give a heck of a press conference as well.
                Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                Just stuff it under a cushion upon your arrival at each location:

http://forums.officer.com/t186474/

Well gee whiz, and I do mean whiz...Fly open or not...

Dat's right kind of ya' boy.....First thingy I 'wud do is blab and then convince fer' em all to start look'in fer' anotha' job thingy rather than let Christ #2, and the turd in da' toilet dat' got flushed, Eric "Jack off" Holder, order them sell long guns ta' mescan cartels, then I wud' go on da' lamb and rob da O.COM bank and un-trust....
                Originally posted by mookster
                Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                Originally posted by CityCopDC
                I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4074 users online. 245 members and 3829 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X