Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops Pull Over Drivers and Spread Christmas Cheer

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...nts/vp-BBgCb6v
    Last edited by EmmaPeel; 12-25-2014, 09:42 PM.

Yea, i spied another thiNgy...A family got burglarized or dump'in and da' a few of da' local P.D. bought toys fer' da' kiddies...Well back to plan my next O.COM savings and untrust bank job...
    Originally posted by mookster
    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
    Originally posted by CityCopDC
    I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
    Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
    I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
    -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Oh yea, one moe thiNgy...why don't you and me plan on a gud ole' roll in da' hay my sweet E.P.?

I will just kick da' Trig outta' my super secret duper dapper love palace..
      Originally posted by mookster
      Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
      Originally posted by CityCopDC
      I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
      Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
      I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
      -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Hey Sully! Have't seen ya in a while. They let you professors take a break for the holidays???

Somethin' tells me they've been workin you like a horse.........

Comment

Hate to be a Grinch, but that looks wrong to me, even if well-intended -- if they weren't doing anything wrong they shouldn't have been subjected to the duty to pull over in response to Police assertion of the public authority -- if they were doing something wrong they should have been warned or cited or arrested -- not given a present ...

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
            Hate to be a Grinch, but that looks wrong to me, even if well-intended -- if they weren't doing anything wrong they shouldn't have been subjected to the duty to pull over in response to Police assertion of the public authority -- if they were doing something wrong they should have been warned or cited or arrested -- not given a present ...
            You bring up a point that is often discussed when a department thinks of doing this 'bright idea'. It usually comes down to a couple of things;
            1) How much extra funds does the city have to blow on BS 'gifts' before 'others' squeal.
            2) Do offenders get pulled over and 'rewarded' or do we risk a complaint for 'detaining' someone with no violation.
            3) What is the city's position going to be when the cop goes to do this stunt and gets shot for his trouble by an unknown POS in the car.

....there is more arguments for and against but by now in the conversation the 'wiser' in the room have called...bah humbug on the idea.

It follows the whole community policing by social capital building, etc etc......personally I never saw how someone with a gun and handcuffs could out Santa, Santa.
            Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
            “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
            “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
            "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
            ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
              You bring up a point that is often discussed when a department thinks of doing this 'bright idea'. It usually comes down to a couple of things;
              1) How much extra funds does the city have to blow on BS 'gifts' before 'others' squeal.
              2) Do offenders get pulled over and 'rewarded' or do we risk a complaint for 'detaining' someone with no violation.
              3) What is the city's position going to be when the cop goes to do this stunt and gets shot for his trouble by an unknown POS in the car.

....there is more arguments for and against but by now in the conversation the 'wiser' in the room have called...bah humbug on the idea.

It follows the whole community policing by social capital building, etc etc......personally I never saw how someone with a gun and handcuffs could out Santa, Santa.
              Lighten up, Langy.

First of all, I'm throwing a New Year's Eve Party and I've already finished with half the first bottle of champagne. So I may have to clean this post up tomorrow when I'm sober.

But couple of important distinctions here.

First of all, I'm a fiscal conservative. That means I wouldn't have created this thread had the money been taken from public funds. If you look carefully, an ANONYMOUS donor gave the money to the Police Department. He said, "hey, wouldn't it be a good idea to use MY money to make people happy AND make cops look good at the same time." That was a no brainer for the PD.

Look carefully into the article and you'll see an anonymous citizen donated all the funds and the only thing needed was a minor infraction to give cops an excuse to talk to folks and GIVE THEM SOMETHING.

I agree with the debate when it involves public funds but this one was a no brainer.

Happy New Year!
              Last edited by EmmaPeel; 12-31-2014, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Emma.

You sound like you've had a little imbibing there darling. You have a great and safe New Years! I think I'll go down a couple myself.
                Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
                "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
                ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
                  Emma.

You sound like you've had a little imbibing there darling. You have a great and safe New Years! I think I'll go down a couple myself.
                  And your fav courage juice is what?????

Just make sure you've had a couple of 'em. Happy New Year to you too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4533 users online. 262 members and 4271 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X