300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severe weather slams southern US; 4 killed

These are times in for many people. Prayers to everyone.

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Severe weather slamming the southern U.S. two days before Christmas killed at least four people, flipped cars, knocked out power to thousands and damaged several homes and businesses.

In Mississippi, Gov. Phil Bryant declared an emergency for two southeastern counties where officials say four people died in the storms and several more were injured. His office said thousands were without power Tuesday night around Columbia, which is about 80 miles southeast of Jackson.

Jones County Emergency Management director Marda Tullos said a man and woman were killed inside a mobile home in the storm's path in Laurel. About 50 miles southwest, Marion County coroner Norma Williamson tells WDAM that two people were killed in Columbia. One person was in a trailer park, another at a strip mall.

Marion General Hospital had treated about 50 patients since the severe weather swept through, said spokeswoman Millie Swann.

"The whole town of Columbia is without power," Swann said. "The hospital is running on generator (power), but was able to treat people in the ER unless they needed a higher level of care."

Eight patients were transferred to a hospital in nearby Hattiesburg.

http://news.yahoo.com/severe-weather...220941504.html
    There are certain crimes that are simply too cruel, too sadistic, too hideous to be forgiven.”
    ― John E. Douglas, Journey Into Darkness.

6 Things you don't mess with.
    MY FAITH

MY FAMILY

MY FLAG

MY COUNTRY

MY HONOR AND THE THIN BLUE LINE

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3174 users online. 184 members and 2990 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X