• Show
Clear All

• Sculptor
    replied
    Thank you Captain!

Leave a comment:

• CaptainKangaroo5691
    replied
    Really sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and your family.

Leave a comment:

• Sculptor
    replied
    Thanks a lot thats my hand, that's very sweet! I downloaded it in fact just now!S

somehow it reminded meof another favorite that fits well to this, by Bette Midler

Leave a comment:

• that's my hand
    replied
    I'm sorry to hear about her passing sculptor. Here's a song for her:

Leave a comment:

• Sculptor
    replied
    Thank you guys!

True eagleI, in fact, our last phone conversation was the one where she told me about the cancer turned out to be the last one, I really thought she would be around until spring or early summer. So much didn't get said because it seemed there would be at least a few more calls...
    I had tried calling her cell phone a week later but it wasn't picked up and I didn't leave a voicemail, I didn't know if she might be sleeping, in the hospital or what so I didn't pursue trying to call in earnest, figuring she would call when it was convienient for her.

Leave a comment:

• sanitizer
    replied
    My condolences to you and your family.

Leave a comment:

• eagleI
    replied
    Wow. I am so sorry for the loss to you and your family.

You are right that it was a blessing that her end of life was not drawn out & unnatural. The down side is that you didn't get to spend time with her.

Praying for you all.

Leave a comment:

• Sculptor
    replied
    I guess I will conclude this with the last update, unfortunately my Bro-law emailed me Thursday morning to tell me my sister passed away that night at home. She went downhill rapidly starting about 3 weeks ago, and everything had just shut down.
    At least it was not drawn out for weeks or months in the hospital on machines, that was a blessing.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainKangaroo5691
    replied
    As always, thoughts are with you and your family. Here's hoping for the best.

Take care.

Leave a comment:

• Sculptor
    replied
    I have somewhat of an update to add I guess, I talked to my cousin and his wife who live about an hour or so from my sister, they went to visit her over the holidays as did her two sons who live in Colorado, and the details they gave me is that the lung cancer was already stage 4 but she was in okay condition and hospice was/is doing a once a week visit and on-call 24/7 for her.
    That was about 3 weeks ago and the boys' original plane tickets back in December were purchased for a certain date/flight and due to her going downhill rapidly at the time, they had to change their tickets (it was going to be $1,000 to do it) but they did change their flight somehow and had a good visit.
    I'm going to call tomorrow, it's been a case of my trying to call a couple of times but getting no answer, and not knowing if maybe they were away on a trip, in the the hospital, sleeping, or what, so I was waiting for her to call me when she was up and about.
    I'll know more maybe tomorrow but of course the whole thing now is going to be a hospice care with morphine etc., to keep her comfortable to the end which sounds like it is rapidly progressing in that direction.

I'm keeping upbeat and positive, and going about my daily routine. I'm okay with how this is going since it can't be changed, and I know there's nothing I can do from 1,500 miles away really. She doesn't wan't a funeral/service thing and all that doom and gloom, so there won't be one. She looked very good in this pic from 2005 when she was 61
    Last edited by Sculptor; 02-08-2015, 11:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainKangaroo5691
    replied
    Thoughts are with both of you. Here's hoping for the best.

Leave a comment:

• Sculptor
    replied
    Originally posted by photone View Post
    Sculptor and Retired96, I'm sorry about what you and your sister and brother-in-law are going through.. I lost my mom to lung cancer back in 1991, and can absolutely relate. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you.
    Thank you photone, I am sorry to hear of your loss as well.
    I hope to get more specific details from my sister next time we talk on the phone, this was so out of the blue and a shock I couldn't think straight on the phone during that conversation.
    Sis is prone to telling "white lies" (learned from father no doubt) and how this is defined is she, like our late father, will cover up, minimize and hide as much as possible to save us from bad news, so a "how are you feeling" is more likely to be met with a "oh I feel great, full of energy, this new medication makes me feel ten years younger!" when the reality is completely the opposite of that.

What really annoys me is she had been in the hospital with pneumonia for some period of time 4 months ago, yet never told me a thing about it! this is part of the "white lies" not wanting to "worry" us, so she only called to tell me about the cancer and the pneumonia when it came down to the wire it looks like where this can't be hidden or covered up.

I swear, I'm not making this up- my dad's legal paper will actually stated that when he passed away, he didn't want a funeral, and for those involved to not tell anyone he had passed away until he was interred in the VA cemetary crypt!
    Unfortunately for his secrecy and "white lie" plan to spare us, he passed away here in my car 5 minutes from the nearest hospital while we were returning from dinner.

You know, I really want to say: "sis I'm a big boy now, I can handle bad news, death, dismemberment, seriously, I don't need my world "safety cushion" wrapped for my protection!"

Leave a comment:

• photone
    replied
    Sculptor and Retired96, I'm sorry about what you and your sister and brother-in-law are going through.. I lost my mom to lung cancer back in 1991, and can absolutely relate. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you.

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Prayers sent as well. The same applies, if I can answer anything or help anyway....I will.
    Look at that. Another sweety on this thread......

Leave a comment:

• EmmaPeel
    replied
    Originally posted by asullivan View Post
    I,m sorry Officer Retired96,

Civie Sully = foot in mouth..

I don't wanna' derail this thread...Sorry again. I love Officer retire anyway'z..
    I knew it, I KNEW IT, I KNEWWWWW IT! I knew you were a softy, Sully. Awwwwwwww.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6494 users online. 376 members and 6118 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X