• Show
Clear All

• tj05
    replied
    Prayers for Retired96 and the OP.

Leave a comment:

• Retired96
    replied
    We just found out 2 weeks ago that my brother in law has a cancer tumor the size of a orange on his right lung... Additional test were done on Wednesday and they found a grape size cancer tumor on the left lung and cancer in his left hip...Had to go into the hospital Thursday evening as he had serious difficulty breathing and they ended up taking 2 liters of fluid out of his lungs.. The doctor said he is stage 4 and started his first chemo treatment last night...In the past 6 years he had had a heart attack, major back surgery and right hip replacement, and now we find out he has stage 4 cancer.. He is only 69 and has always been in good health until the past 5-6 years... He doesn't drink and hasn't smoked in over 40 years...He is the only family my wife has left and they are very close and we only live 1 block from each other....Doug is my best friend and it hurts to know that he may only have months to live..

Leave a comment:

• Talal
    replied
    I hope everything goes well with her.

Leave a comment:

• Country_Jim
    replied
    I'm sorry to hear about your sister.

Leave a comment:

• Sculptor
    started a topic My sister

My sister

Hi friends,
    I just got off the phone with my 71 year old sister who I just learned is recovering from pneumonia, but more than the pneumonia was the bombshell that her doctor found a lung tumor on the xrays, apparently it has grown rapidly because it wasn't on the xrays taken 4 months earlier. She had a tumor removed from a lung a number of years ago that was benign. She was a smoker so it does seem to connect to the tumors.

She doesn't want to go through the "hospital heroics" near the end, the doctors are thinking 4-6 months since the tumor has grown rapidly, it sounds as though she would prefer to go the route of physician assisted suicide when it's near the end but she lives in Florida after having moved there from Vermont a few years ago.
    I'm okay with that route, though I know very little about it a google search reveals only 5 states have changed their laws and Florida is not one of them. So it would seem she would have to move back to Vermont if she wanted to go this route. I guess I need to do some research, I don't know what if anything I can do, she is not good with computers at all so anything I can find on this issue might be good to send her.
    Her husband is taking care of her pretty well and she sounded good, and upbeat on the phone.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2851 users online. 158 members and 2693 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X