Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's illness, Sculptor. It's never easy getting bad news about a loved one.

Retired 96, sorry for your sad news as well.

I offer my knowledge to you both. PM questions if you need. If I don't know the answer, I'll find out.
    If I can help, I will.

Prayers sent for both of your family members.

Hugs,

T1
    Originally posted by JasperST
    "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
    It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
      We just found out 2 weeks ago that my brother in law has a cancer tumor the size of a orange on his right lung... Additional test were done on Wednesday and they found a grape size cancer tumor on the left lung and cancer in his left hip...Had to go into the hospital Thursday evening as he had serious difficulty breathing and they ended up taking 2 liters of fluid out of his lungs.. The doctor said he is stage 4 and started his first chemo treatment last night...In the past 6 years he had had a heart attack, major back surgery and right hip replacement, and now we find out he has stage 4 cancer.. He is only 69 and has always been in good health until the past 5-6 years... He doesn't drink and hasn't smoked in over 40 years...He is the only family my wife has left and they are very close and we only live 1 block from each other....Doug is my best friend and it hurts to know that he may only have months to live..
      Retired96, sorry to have missed you in my well-wishes to Sculptor. I'm very sorry to hear about your best friend.

Comment

Prayers for all. My sister-in-law was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Cancer's nasty hand touches all.

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
          Asullivan,,,,, I hope you realize Retired and I are two different people although we did work and retire from the same dept..
          I,m sorry Officer Retired96,

Civie Sully = foot in mouth..

I don't wanna' derail this thread...Sorry again. I love Officer retire anyway'z..
          Originally posted by mookster
          Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
          Originally posted by CityCopDC
          I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
          Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by ftttu View Post
            Prayers for all. My sister-in-law was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Cancer's nasty hand touches all.
            Prayers sent as well. The same applies, if I can answer anything or help anyway....I will.
            Originally posted by JasperST
            "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
            It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Originally posted by asullivan View Post
              I,m sorry Officer Retired96,

Civie Sully = foot in mouth..

I don't wanna' derail this thread...Sorry again. I love Officer retire anyway'z..
              I knew it, I KNEW IT, I KNEWWWWW IT! I knew you were a softy, Sully. Awwwwwwww.

Comment

Originally posted by Trauma1 View Post
                Prayers sent as well. The same applies, if I can answer anything or help anyway....I will.
                Look at that. Another sweety on this thread......

Comment

Sculptor and Retired96, I'm sorry about what you and your sister and brother-in-law are going through.. I lost my mom to lung cancer back in 1991, and can absolutely relate. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you.

Comment

Originally posted by photone View Post
                    Sculptor and Retired96, I'm sorry about what you and your sister and brother-in-law are going through.. I lost my mom to lung cancer back in 1991, and can absolutely relate. My thoughts and prayers are with both of you.
                    Thank you photone, I am sorry to hear of your loss as well.
                    I hope to get more specific details from my sister next time we talk on the phone, this was so out of the blue and a shock I couldn't think straight on the phone during that conversation.
                    Sis is prone to telling "white lies" (learned from father no doubt) and how this is defined is she, like our late father, will cover up, minimize and hide as much as possible to save us from bad news, so a "how are you feeling" is more likely to be met with a "oh I feel great, full of energy, this new medication makes me feel ten years younger!" when the reality is completely the opposite of that.

What really annoys me is she had been in the hospital with pneumonia for some period of time 4 months ago, yet never told me a thing about it! this is part of the "white lies" not wanting to "worry" us, so she only called to tell me about the cancer and the pneumonia when it came down to the wire it looks like where this can't be hidden or covered up.

I swear, I'm not making this up- my dad's legal paper will actually stated that when he passed away, he didn't want a funeral, and for those involved to not tell anyone he had passed away until he was interred in the VA cemetary crypt!
                    Unfortunately for his secrecy and "white lie" plan to spare us, he passed away here in my car 5 minutes from the nearest hospital while we were returning from dinner.

You know, I really want to say: "sis I'm a big boy now, I can handle bad news, death, dismemberment, seriously, I don't need my world "safety cushion" wrapped for my protection!"

Comment

Thoughts are with both of you. Here's hoping for the best.

Comment

I have somewhat of an update to add I guess, I talked to my cousin and his wife who live about an hour or so from my sister, they went to visit her over the holidays as did her two sons who live in Colorado, and the details they gave me is that the lung cancer was already stage 4 but she was in okay condition and hospice was/is doing a once a week visit and on-call 24/7 for her.
                        That was about 3 weeks ago and the boys' original plane tickets back in December were purchased for a certain date/flight and due to her going downhill rapidly at the time, they had to change their tickets (it was going to be $1,000 to do it) but they did change their flight somehow and had a good visit.
                        I'm going to call tomorrow, it's been a case of my trying to call a couple of times but getting no answer, and not knowing if maybe they were away on a trip, in the the hospital, sleeping, or what, so I was waiting for her to call me when she was up and about.
                        I'll know more maybe tomorrow but of course the whole thing now is going to be a hospice care with morphine etc., to keep her comfortable to the end which sounds like it is rapidly progressing in that direction.

I'm keeping upbeat and positive, and going about my daily routine. I'm okay with how this is going since it can't be changed, and I know there's nothing I can do from 1,500 miles away really. She doesn't wan't a funeral/service thing and all that doom and gloom, so there won't be one. She looked very good in this pic from 2005 when she was 61
                        Last edited by Sculptor; 02-09-2015, 12:30 AM.

Comment

As always, thoughts are with you and your family. Here's hoping for the best.

Take care.

Comment

I guess I will conclude this with the last update, unfortunately my Bro-law emailed me Thursday morning to tell me my sister passed away that night at home. She went downhill rapidly starting about 3 weeks ago, and everything had just shut down.
                            At least it was not drawn out for weeks or months in the hospital on machines, that was a blessing.

Comment

Wow. I am so sorry for the loss to you and your family.

You are right that it was a blessing that her end of life was not drawn out & unnatural. The down side is that you didn't get to spend time with her.

Praying for you all.

Comment

My condolences to you and your family.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5506 users online. 321 members and 5185 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X