300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Russian Bear is a real *****!

So, are we going back to Iraq? Yep....well on the way. But how long do you think it'll be before we are pulled back to Europe in another continent-wide war?

Umm, I think Bush should have wore his glasses....
    http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallas...d-the-ma.html/
    In 2001, President George Bush issued a truly astounding appraisal of Vladimir Putin, the former KGB agent who has run Russia since replacing Boris Yeltsin in 1999. “I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul; a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country.”...........
    http://dailycaller.com/2010/12/14/bu...eader-changed/
    Former President George W. Bush said Monday that he did not make a mistake in his initial and often-ridiculed assessment of Russian leader Vladimir Putin, when they first met in 2001 and Bush said he got “a sense of [Putin’s] soul.”

Instead, Bush said, Putin became a different person.

“I think, to a certain extent, he changed,” Bush said Monday in an interview with conservative radio show host Hugh Hewitt.

Bush talked with Hewitt about his book, “Decision Points,” in which he relates for the first time the particular exchange with Putin that led him to make his famous comment at a press conference in Slovenia in June 2001.

“The reason why I said that is because I remembered him talking movingly about his mother and the cross that she gave him that she had blessed in Jerusalem,” Bush told Hewitt. “Nobody knows that, and I never tried to make an explanation of why I said what I said until the book.”...
    ....Duh. There is quite a tone change in Hitler between 1930 and 1938, too.

Now, what do we have.....
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0IN18420141103
    (Reuters) - NATO's top military commander said on Monday that recent incursions into European airspace by Russian fighters and long-range bombers included larger, more complex formations of aircraft flying more "provocative" routes than usual.

U.S. Air Force General Philip Breedlove, the supreme allied commander in Europe, said NATO allies had not directly discussed the flights with Russian leaders because incursions are fairly common and are not generally talked about as long as they are professionally and safely handled.

"What is significant is that across history, most of these incursions have been very small groups of airplanes, sometimes singletons or at most two aircraft," Breedlove, who is also the head of U.S. European Command, told a Pentagon briefing.

"What you saw this past week was a larger, more complex formation of aircraft carrying out a little deeper, and I would say a little bit more provocative flight path.".....
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ll_818396.html
    The shaky cease-fire in Ukraine may be falling completely apart. Reuters is reporting that:

A column of 32 tanks, 16 howitzer artillery systems and trucks carrying ammunition and fighters has crossed into eastern Ukraine from Russia, the Kiev military said on Friday.

"The deployment continues of military equipment and Russian mercenaries to the front lines," spokesman Andriy Lysenko said in a televised briefing referring to Thursday's cross-border incursion.

The report of a new Russian movement of armor across the border follows a charge on Thursday by pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine that Kiev government forces had launched a new offensive - which Kiev immediately denied.

Some 4,000 people have been killed in the fighting. The cease fire has been in effect for two months but:

... has looked particularly fragile this week, with separatists and the central government accusing each other of violations after separatist leaders held elections in self-proclaimed 'people's republics' last Sunday......
    .....and now we have a gut in the WH who thinks the newly elected GOP are a greater threat that ISIS or Russia....Bad ****!
    Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
    ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

While I'm burned out on Iraq and AFG, I do think we need another war. Maybe we could get ISIS and Putin to go somewhere more pleasant? Peacetime is not conducive to job security.
    "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

I think Putin was more straight forward and honest with GW,
      He knew also GW didnt play and would actually back up what he said.Unlike the current resident.Russia isnt the only country the last 8 years to ignore what we have said.

Kinda wish we had Saddam around to ask him who he would have rather dealt with.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5116 users online. 251 members and 4865 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X