Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tint Research

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tint Research

    Hello Officers,

    I am doing a research assignment, and decided to do it on car window tint. This form is applicable for everyone, regardless if you have tint or not, and every response matters. It is a short survey that I created, via google. It does not require any personal information, nor does it require signing in. Should only take ~5mins and will be helpful to the enthusiast community, specifically to provide a resource to point to for answers. I have specifically included a law enforcement page where, if you are willing, you can provide data about any interactions you have had involving car window tint; do you hunt down tint? Will you ticket JUST on tinted windows?, ect.

    Link: http://goo.gl/forms/pvBGIzsQ1L

    All data will be published when the survey is done, and made available to the community both as raw data and as condensed & derived statistics.

    Thank you all for your time and your service!
    REINSTATE THE TRIG
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    Your logic defies logic
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
    Originally posted by Michigan
    Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
    Originally posted by 02paul09
    Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

  • #2
    Originally posted by indy_dibona View Post
    Hello Officers,

    I am doing a research assignment, and decided to do it on car window tint. This form is applicable for everyone, regardless if you have tint or not, and every response matters. It is a short survey that I created, via google. It does not require any personal information, nor does it require signing in. Should only take ~5mins and will be helpful to the enthusiast community, specifically to provide a resource to point to for answers. I have specifically included a law enforcement page where, if you are willing, you can provide data about any interactions you have had involving car window tint; do you hunt down tint? Will you ticket JUST on tinted windows?, ect.

    Link: http://goo.gl/forms/pvBGIzsQ1L

    All data will be published when the survey is done, and made available to the community both as raw data and as condensed & derived statistics.

    Thank you all for your time and your service!
    To give you a bit of a heads up, the unwritten policy of the O.Com membership is to not give assistance with homework assignments...individual members, of course, can do as they please. That being said, you both learn more and feel better about the finished product by doing your own research, asking questions face to face or by phone, etc.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by photone View Post
      To give you a bit of a heads up, the unwritten policy of the O.Com membership is to not give assistance with homework assignments...individual members, of course, can do as they please. That being said, you both learn more and feel better about the finished product by doing your own research, asking questions face to face or by phone, etc.
      Thank you for the heads up. This is not an assignment for class, or anything that I am doing for school. I am doing it mainly because I am interested, have the time, and think that if done properly, could provide a valuable resource.

      That being said, this is still my own research. I am compiling a sample of people from the greater population, having them answer a standard series of questions, and then deriving meaning from their answers. If this were a homework assignment, I would would not need the same questions answered by a variety of people, several hundred times.

      I do agree with you however, the end result is better when you do the work itself. I wouldn't see this as an example of getting someone else to do my work, even if it was homework.

      Thanks for your response!
      REINSTATE THE TRIG
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      Your logic defies logic
      Originally posted by Rudy8116
      Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
      Originally posted by Michigan
      Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
      Originally posted by TheTick
      A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
      Originally posted by TheTick
      This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
      Originally posted by 02paul09
      Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by indy_dibona View Post
        Hello Officers,

        I am doing a research assignment,and decided to do it on car window tint. This form is applicable for everyone, regardless if you have tint or not, and every response matters. It is a short survey that I created, via google. It does not require any personal information, nor does it require signing in. Should only take ~5mins and will be helpful to the enthusiast community, specifically to provide a resource to point to for answers. I have specifically included a law enforcement page where, if you are willing, you can provide data about any interactions you have had involving car window tint; do you hunt down tint? Will you ticket JUST on tinted windows?, ect.

        Link: http://goo.gl/forms/pvBGIzsQ1L

        All data will be published when the survey is done, and made available to the community both as raw data and as condensed & derived statistics.

        Thank you all for your time and your service!
        Originally posted by indy_dibona View Post
        Thank you for the heads up. This is not an assignment for class, or anything that I am doing for school. I am doing it mainly because I am interested, have the time, and think that if done properly, could provide a valuable resource.

        That being said, this is still my own research. I am compiling a sample of people from the greater population, having them answer a standard series of questions, and then deriving meaning from their answers. If this were a homework assignment, I would would not need the same questions answered by a variety of people, several hundred times.

        I do agree with you however, the end result is better when you do the work itself. I wouldn't see this as an example of getting someone else to do my work, even if it was homework.

        Thanks for your response!
        You are the one that said it was an assignment. Research assignments are usually homework.

        What community of enthusiasts is this for?

        Comment


        • #5
          I can't imagine you are going to get much help here. Cops are a cynical bunch and will probably think the "research" is going to come back to bite them. I don't blame the cynicism, since often they are right.

          I will tell you something about tint. Having your windows tinted darker than the law allows gives every single police officer the legal right to pull you over at any time when you are on a public roadway.

          If you like being pulled over by cops, then by all means tint your windows darker than the law allows. But make sure you have a little side money set aside for the possible fines, some time and money set aside for possibly taking the car in to get the tint taken off, make sure you haven't had anything to drink or smoke, and just in general make sure you are clean as a whistle.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think the main reason people tint windows is so others can't see who the ***hole is behind the wheel.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kermit315 View Post
              You are the one that said it was an assignment. Research assignments are usually homework.

              What community of enthusiasts is this for?

              I did say it was an assignment. It is something that I am doing with a group of friends, and because it is interesting. The car community? I'm not 100% sure....I will make the data available to anyone that wants it, but I know that on several discussions have come up where information like this would have been helpful.

              Originally posted by Long Relief View Post
              I can't imagine you are going to get much help here. Cops are a cynical bunch and will probably think the "research" is going to come back to bite them. I don't blame the cynicism, since often they are right.

              I will tell you something about tint. Having your windows tinted darker than the law allows gives every single police officer the legal right to pull you over at any time when you are on a public roadway.

              If you like being pulled over by cops, then by all means tint your windows darker than the law allows. But make sure you have a little side money set aside for the possible fines, some time and money set aside for possibly taking the car in to get the tint taken off, make sure you haven't had anything to drink or smoke, and just in general make sure you are clean as a whistle.
              I do agree with both the above statements - but neither particularly bother me. I am just trying to get a sample that is diverse as possible, and totally understand someone not wanting to weigh in; Can't blame me for trying, right?

              While it does give them the right, that is the reason I am asking the question. I would of course, pull over, but want to know the percentage that would ticket based solely off tint. I don't particularly like getting pulled over, but I have friends that roll around with 5% and have never been pulled over for it, and friends with 35% that get pulled over frequently. But asking the most people I can, I will then be able to compare percentage ratios between tint level & "police contact" level, so to speak.

              This being said, there has been a marked disinterest in this, and I have only about 100 responses so far. I think in terms of this being statistically valuable, its chance is ruined, as a good sample size would be in the 700-1000 range.

              Stay safe!
              REINSTATE THE TRIG
              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
              Your logic defies logic
              Originally posted by Rudy8116
              Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
              Originally posted by Michigan
              Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
              Originally posted by TheTick
              A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
              Originally posted by TheTick
              This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
              Originally posted by 02paul09
              Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

              Comment

              MR300x250 Tablet

              Collapse

              What's Going On

              Collapse

              There are currently 4702 users online. 283 members and 4419 guests.

              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

              Welcome Ad

              Collapse
              Working...
              X