300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That New Car Smell...

With a road trip up to Raleigh, NC coming up at the end of this month, and my 2009 Ford Focus nearing 100k miles and needing new tires (again), I had begun to think more and more about simply trading it in. It would save money in the long term as opposed to nursing the aging blue beastie, so I talked things over with the wife and we agreed on what we could work with.

This past month, work has had me driving a spare unmarked police Impala (2007) to a different dispatch center because they are short. The more I drove it, the more it grew on me, and the other day on a whim I researched some Impalas. A few websearches (and having my first pick bought out from under me), I finally found a 2009 police Impala with only 39k miles and more or less everything in new or like new condition. Black exterior, cloth black interior. Got $5000 on my trade and walked away with no money down, nothing due at signing, and only $22 more per month. Sure there's a hole in the a-pillar where a spotlight used to be, and there's some screws sticking down from where a visor light used to be, but I can live with that. Fun's going to be rewiring my fire equipment on Monday, heh! Hoping it goes easier and that I can find the access points.

I is happy!
    SCFC Dispatch Manager

#1 Put a spotlight back on the pillar

#2 We might have a push bumper that will fit your Impala

#3 Scanner antennas are cheap

#4 A couple 2 meter antennas will work fine on the scanners too

#4 You won't need to drive the spare unmarked anymore
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'm not going to lie, that new car smell does make my guy pants go a little crazy. I love that smell.
      I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

I dont know if that is "new car" you are smelling in an ex cop car....

Comment

You can get that "new car" smell in a spray can.

100 k miles and you got rid of it? It was just getting broken in. My '99 Explorer has 173k and my '94 Dakota has 192k. My '94 Taurus (which is now yard art) went 318k before it cratered.
          Last edited by chapwolfe; 10-25-2014, 10:56 AM.
          Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
          Among Texas' finest
          Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
          Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
          Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

My favorite Impala is the 95 SS. Its a sweet ride. Imma find me one some day.

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen :-D
              Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
              "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
              Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Originally posted by DEP_134 View Post
                My favorite Impala is the 95 SS. Its a sweet ride. Imma find me one some day.
                I had a 1961 Impala Convertible -----------now THAT was sweet
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
                  Pics or it didn't happen :-D

...and that's a red light in the windshield there, not blue, lol.
                  SCFC Dispatch Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Krell View Post

...and that's a red light in the windshield there, not blue, lol.
                    Why do you have lights?
                    Originally posted by RSGSRT
                    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
                      Uh, you do realize what that “new car smell” is, right? Off gassing of solvents, catalysts, and other products from formation of plastics, adhesives, and like. Not particularly healthy.
                      Pfffft!
                      You're no fun.
                      Originally posted by JasperST
                      "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
                      It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                        Why do you have lights?
                        Fire department
                        SCFC Dispatch Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Krell View Post
                          Fire department
                          Ahh, ok. That's what I thought.
                          Originally posted by RSGSRT
                          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6126 users online. 331 members and 5795 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X