300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agony...

I shouldn't even be typing right now, but a month ago I got a pretty decent bang on my middle finger at work, hurt like a SOB and oh yeah of course the nail turns black and it was a sore sucker but then it started feeling better and healing up.
    The new nail about half grown in, feeling ok then it happened today... wrestling a heavy plaster mold down the steps to the basement I wound up half falling down the last 3 steps and in the process sort of scrape-whacked THAT finger not a different one- THAT one- between the plaster mold and the hard stone wall.

Oh man, it scraped the skin down to the cuticle and now several hours later it's still throbbing and the new nail looks a little dark.
    To make it worse, I had to cast 150# of concrete in that mold, put on some rubber globes and start mixing it in the rubber tub, all was fine till the point just past the point where the rubber glove on my other hand got a tear in it and the nail on that middle finger jammed against some hardened concrete on the bottom of the rubber tub and broke part of the nail off, now I'm in agony!
    And gee, I have build two wood shipping crates this weekend and pack them too.

That's all the typing I'm doing for now, good night!

Originally posted by Steve856
    Ouch! I feel sick just reading this.

Hope that it gets better soon!
    Thanks Steve

I know the feeling, I'm living it!!!

It is slowly feeling better, though any little bump is real tender so I have to watch out all day long at work. It's amazing how even a little bump on a fingernail can cause it to turn black and blue!

Years ago I had the idea of carefully cutting/slicing through the top of the big toe nail that was turning black and blue and hurt like the dickens, I figured if I let that excess blood pressure out from under the nail it would feel better, it certainly did, the effect was immediate. Trouble was the next time it happened and I did that I had to use a little more pressure I think and the razor blade slipped in a little too deep and hit the sensitive bed under the nail!
    Oh man it was so sudden and unexpected I think I screamed, after that I never got the nerve up again to do that even though it did work well the first time. Thankfully I rarely hit my toes any more with dropped or fallen heavy items.

Comment

Originally posted by Sculptor View Post
      Thanks Steve

It is slowly feeling better, though any little bump is real tender so I have to watch out all day long at work. It's amazing how even a little bump on a fingernail can cause it to turn black and blue!

Years ago I had the idea of carefully cutting/slicing through the top of the big toe nail that was turning black and blue and hurt like the dickens, I figured if I let that excess blood pressure out from under the nail it would feel better, it certainly did, the effect was immediate. Trouble was the next time it happened and I did that I had to use a little more pressure I think and the razor blade slipped in a little too deep and hit the sensitive bed under the nail!
      Oh man it was so sudden and unexpected I think I screamed, after that I never got the nerve up again to do that even though it did work well the first time. Thankfully I rarely hit my toes any more with dropped or fallen heavy items.
      There is a REASON why those particular areas of your OTHERWISE unprotected body have a "armor plating".
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Ow. I feel your pain.
        Maybe try wrapping those fingers with gauze and plastic tape to protect them until they heal up.
        Originally posted by JasperST
        "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
        It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          There is a REASON why those particular areas of your OTHERWISE unprotected body have a "armor plating".
          Oh yeah don't we know it! but unfortunately that "armor" like a skull- doesn't allow for any swelling without causing bad pain!
          Years ago I frequently had toenail hits due to heavy sculptures or bricks and the like falling on my foot especially in the rush of loading a moving van or re-organizing my overfilled loft where pieces were stacked waist-high and not terribly stable. If it wasn't a toenail it was usually stepping on a board with a nice big nail sticking up.

Comment

Originally posted by Trauma1 View Post
            Ow. I feel your pain.
            Maybe try wrapping those fingers with gauze and plastic tape to protect them until they heal up.
            Thanks Trauma, they are feeling much better (I do heal pretty fast) hopefully by the weekend the smashed one will be much better.

Comment

Next time use a dremel tool, Be tough and good luck..

Comment

Originally posted by 300 Win View Post
                I've heard that one, yeah a dremel with a little sanding drum would be much safer than the razor blade, I didn't have one at the time and I was in a huge agony- that one was caused by a 50+ pound sculpture the size of a concrete block that I was mounting on a storage display shelf about face height in my loft late at night just before bed time. Naturally I had just socks on, not that it would have made any difference... something shifted while I was starting to secure it, but it tipped forward suddenly, and before I could do anything it fell and landed I think on a corner of it between two toes and I was standing on concrete.
                OMG that was the worst pain I ever had in my life, I'm surprised I still have those two toes, it must not have directly hit either but had to have fractured them because the pain was so bad and the skin was damaged.
                No insurance, no credit card, no cash... the E.R wanted something like $350 when I called and asked, and I didn't have it, I wound up drinking half a bottle of Kaluah a relative gave me for xmas for some reason (and I don't drink!)

Let's just say it killed the pain for a bit while I was passed out, but I woke up dizzy, sick as a dog and on the floor a few hours later in the middle of the night, I was able to somehow dial my sister's number in the dark by feel!
                By morning I was extremely sick, AND in severe pain, that was almost 30 years ago and I cringe just thinking about it even now. I don't know how much alcohol is in half a bottle of that stuff but it probably could be close to an OD for an under 130# person and an empty stomach.

Comment

Yo, Sculptor!

475.jpg

Are you really a sculptor?
                  Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

a month ago I got a pretty decent bang on my middle finger at work.!

Ya' must be horny and nasta' a werkz'.... a "bang" on da' middle finga' tiz' betta' than no "bang" at tall'z!!!

Originally posted by Steve856
                    Ouch! I feel sick just reading this.

Only if it smells like fish or dump'in....

Thanks Steve

Damn thang musta' had teeth!!!!!!I've heard O' vegitable choppa'z,,, but finga' eaters!!!!!

Years ago I had the idea of carefully cutting/slicing through the top of the big toe nail that was turning black and blue and hurt like the dickens,

These Dickens peeps must be a mean lot!!!!

Thankfully I rarely hit my toes any more with dropped or fallen heavy items.

I still do'z, but when ya' hung like me..well ya' just gotta' live wid' it!!!And I taint' about ta' ressel a big ole' black water snake look'in thinGy that looked like it crawled outta' dat' deep dark lagoon where dat' monster lives!!!

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Typical'z cop response...turn inta' a arma-dildo thinGy...!!!

Originally posted by Trauma1 View Post
                    Ow. I feel your pain.

Thar' ya go fella' civie Sculptor!!!!! stick it in a tub of boiling plastic! If anybody should know tiz' gunna' be T-1!!!

Oh yeah don't we know it! but unfortunately that "armor" like a skull- doesn't allow for any swelling without causing bad pain!

Ummmmm Sire Sculptor'z......if thar's 2 facts round here it that you and mez' got hard heads....

Originally posted by 300 Win View Post

What 300Winmag tiz' really ry'in ta' say is shoot yaz'self in da' head wid' a 300Win Mag...!!

, I wound up drinking half a bottle of Kaluah.

Kal what cha????

Let's just say it killed the pain for a bit while I was passed out, but I woke up dizzy, sick as a dog and on the floor a few hours later in the middle of the night, I was able to somehow dial my sister's number in the dark by feel!
                    By morning I was extremely sick, AND in severe pain, that was almost 30 years ago and I cringe just thinking about it even now. I don't know how much alcohol is in half a bottle of that stuff but it probably could be close to an OD for an under 130# person and an empty stomach.

Well'z welcome ta' broke back mountain'z club!!!!!Ya' surly got nailed!!!!

Originally posted by OneAdam12 View Post
                    Yo, Sculptor!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12207[/ATTACH]

Are you really a sculptor?

HEY!!!!!!! Sire Officer 1A12 long time no smell!!!!!! Well Sire sculptor might have been one, butt now he's just a plain ole' rape rectum!!!!! errrrrrrrr, I mean victum....
                    Originally posted by mookster
                    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                    Originally posted by CityCopDC
                    I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                    Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                    I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                    -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

deleted post
                      Last edited by Sculptor; 02-09-2015, 12:13 PM.

Comment

I am, a genuine scholarship awarded one, have you ever heard of a fake sculptor??

Yes I’ve heard of fake Sculptors, as a matter of fact my department has a 15 member “FS” detail.

Seriously your Lion is awesome, do you have a web site that can posted in your profile?
                        Last edited by sanitizer; 10-23-2014, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post

Yes I’ve heard of fake Sculptors, as a matter of fact my department has a 15 member “FS” detail.

Seriously your Lion is awesome, do you have a web site that can posted in your profile?

LOL, priceless!!
                          Yeah I do, I haven't done that because I didn't want folks here to think I'm advertising, I'll stick it in after I post this.
                          Thanks for the complements, I had a lot of fun with the lion model, though it had a few moments of trouble in the process when I noticed the upper section was slowly, progressively leaning forward due to the weight, so I had to tie it up to the ceiling hoist and the wall to prevent further movement while I was working on it and while it was drying.
                          Last edited by Sculptor; 10-23-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Sculpter They make a small carbide burr for the dremal tool that really does work good, it will remind you of a dentist's drill. Don't ask how I know

Comment

Hey Sculptor, I just noticed you shut his mouth on the final. Owner surprise or artistic license?
                              Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5242 users online. 320 members and 4922 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X