300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman who used potato for contraceptive hospitalized

This is a public service announcement. Ladies, don't try this at home.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz3F5rID0Mn

The story was covered by Colombia Reports, a large news website in the country.
    It claims the unnamed woman told doctors: 'My mum told me that if I didn't want to get pregnant, I should put a potato up there, and I believed her.'
    The discovery was made when the woman, from the central Colombian town of Honda, went to hospital complaining of abdominal pains.
    When a nurse examined her, she found roots from the potato that had grown.
    However after removing it, doctors confirmed there would be no lasting damage to the woman's health.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if she developed any maternal instincts for little spud and got to take it home?

Cop forum, need to stay on topic.

Comment

Comment

At least she didn't end up pregnant; people that stupid shouldn't have children.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

So, would you like that mashed, boiled or fried?
          It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by PtownVAMike View Post
            So, would you like that mashed, boiled or fried?
            Depends on how long she left it in. Sounds like they mashed it to get it out.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

The purported case of a potato growing in the unnamed woman's vagina is attributed to "local news reports," but all media mentions trace back to a single article on Columbia Reports. Most notable is the story's exact resemblance to a decades-old urban legend regarding the use of potatoes as contraceptives among rural women due to insufficient sex education.
              Retired

Comment

The story failed to report she used Yams on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
                Last edited by sanitizer; 10-05-2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I'm going to get clarification before I ever have twice-baked potatoes again...
                  This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
                    I'm going to get clarification before I ever have twice-baked potatoes again...
                    Or "loaded" for that matter
                    It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Give her a break guys. She didn't want any tots.
                      “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

I found a photo of little Tater, looks like every other baby picture I've ever seen.

Comment

...butter and sour cream with that potato?

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                            At least she didn't end up pregnant; people that stupid shouldn't have children.
                            Well said. My first thought when I saw the subject line: "Stupid people shouldn't reproduce, but that might not be the best way to guarantee it."
                            --
                            Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

One more...
                              Was that an "I-de-ho" potato?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5630 users online. 316 members and 5314 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X