Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Ever Been Employed with Florida's Department of Juvenile Justice?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Ever Been Employed with Florida's Department of Juvenile Justice?

Hi All,

Back in June I had received an offer of employment with the local sheriff's office. I would have been working in the jail as a corrections deputy, but had to turn down the offer. Hardest decision of my life, but it was due to a sudden illness.

I began looking for something less intense and less stressful. I was interviewed in the beginning of August for a detention officer position with the local detention center. I have visited the detention center five times since August for paperwork and a written test which I passed. Upon my last visit, I had to practically sign my life away and they handed me an employee handbook along with a drug test. They stated that this was not a job offer until Tallahassee signed off on my file.

Today has been exactly eight weeks since the initial interview. I haven't heard anything back since my drug test which was four weeks ago. I'm getting anxious as I soon need to start working again since I had been sick for so long and was unable to work. How long does the process take? Is it usually more than a two months process to get hired? What is the average length of the hiring process for agencies like this? They expressed the urgent need for officers so I assumed the process should be shorter. They said my file had to go to Orlando, Tampa, and finally Tallahassee before I would receive the offer. I really hope I hear something soon!

I do not have any experience with DJJ from an employment aspect, but as with any LE employment, expect long wait times. Don't get discouraged yet. Keep your head up.

Comment

I dink when I first crash landed on dis' here dirt ball, I dink I spent some time in Fla. Juvie...

I dink I got hooked up'z fer alligator rustle'in and sell'in fake swamp moss and did a juvy streach. ..

Tell ya' what...look up a coppa' called So Fla Cop, AKA El Jefe, ( da' Boss fer' ya' mescan illiterates)...

P.I.S.S. Officer El Jefe only speaks mescan so i hope ya' can yap in mescan...

Just say this here.....

"!No me dice nada porque tengo los derechos por ese gran mono de orejas llaman Barry".

Originally posted by mookster
      Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
      Originally posted by CityCopDC
      I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
      Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
      I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
      -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Sometimes I am a little slow, so please forgive me.

But did i just read that you first were going in to corrections, but because of illness you had to decline, so in order to do something less stressful, you opted to consider Juvenile Justice?

Seriously?

In what world are kids being stupid less stressful than adults acting like kids being stupid???????

Comment

Originally posted by asullivan View Post
          I dink when I first crash landed on dis' here dirt ball, I dink I spent some time in Fla. Juvie...

I dink I got hooked up'z fer alligator rustle'in and sell'in fake swamp moss and did a juvy streach. ..

Tell ya' what...look up a coppa' called So Fla Cop, AKA El Jefe, ( da' Boss fer' ya' mescan illiterates)...

P.I.S.S. Officer El Jefe only speaks mescan so i hope ya' can yap in mescan...

Just say this here.....

"!No me dice nada porque tengo los derechos por ese gran mono de orejas llaman Barry".

¿Qué demonios estás hablando Sully ? ¿Cuándo hiciste el tiempo en el reformatorio ? Se trata de los Estados Unidos se habla Inglés aquí. Sólo la obra desesperada por DJJ. La hora de la siesta . Nos vemos más tarde. Lo siento mucho, no hablo español.

Last edited by So Fla Cop; 10-04-2014, 02:17 PM.
          September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
            ¿Qué demonios estás hablando Sully ? ¿Cuándo hiciste el tiempo en el reformatorio ? Se trata de los Estados Unidos se habla Inglés aquí. Sólo la obra desesperada por DJJ. La hora de la siesta . Nos vemos más tarde. Lo siento mucho, no hablo español.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12155[/ATTACH]

Well ya' mght'z not know how ta' speak mescan, but ya' sho' nuff make gud mescan picturE thiNgy'z Officer SFCoppa'

Fer' ya' secoNd Q, how da' hell do I know when I spent da' time in Juvy..I twaz' just a lil bambino wait'in ta' grow up'z ta' a big bandito!

And fer' ya' third declaration, ya' betta' learn how ta' speak mescan, farsi, and chinknola cuz ya' good friend Barry opened up'z da' flood gate'z!!!!

BTW, have a gud peaceful nap time!

Trigga'!!!!! saddle up'z!!!! da' Admiral gotta' go ta' da' O.COM general trade'in post and buy some booze!!!!

Sorry Idiot, errr,, I mean Admiral, I'm on duty.

You no gud' turn'z coat...!!!
            Originally posted by mookster
            Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
            Originally posted by CityCopDC
            I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
            Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
            I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
            -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3909 users online. 213 members and 3696 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X