300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• once fired brass

I'm searching for this service and I found this here once fired brass I am not sure about this whats origin of their offering. Do yoy have looked into this before? Could you please know are worth the time to check out, please post them here. Thanks!

Those are reloaded cases looks like, I personally won't use them, I don't know, you just never know how many times those cases have been reloaded and you do have to consider metal fatigue, but many do use them obviously and they couldn't sell them if they were not safe. I just prefer factory fresh/new and I don't think the price difference is all that much, you still have to pay for shipping whether you buy new or reloaded via mail order.
    If you only buy a couple of boxes at a time I don't see the value of buying these, if you buy a large quantity I guess the small price difference can save some money and make it worth it.
    Last edited by Sculptor; 09-29-2014, 07:16 PM. Reason: fixed :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sculptor View Post
      Those are reloaded shells looks like, I personally won't use them,

Wh..wha..what..da' hell????? them taint 'reloaded "shells"... "shells" are loaded hulls for shotguns.."spent cartridges or brass tiz' for center or rim fire rifles exclude'in front end loaders.

Originally posted by Sculptor View Post
      I don't know, you just never know how many times those cases have been reloaded and you do have to consider metal fatigue,

Well ya' can get a peerty gud idea by case length and head thickness plus a few other little tricks like splits in da' mouth of da' spent cartridge when its time fer' da' scrap heap.

Some cartridges last a lot longer than others when it comes to reload'in..Thar' are many factors...

Anyway, if ya' want PM I give ya' a link...

Bottom line is total cost/ to buy ratio of surplus/new stuff to reloaded stuff.. I know what ya' think'in That Lake city .223 stuff..Ya' might enqire if its on stripper clips or in boxes and the same lot..Not ta' mention da' year of manufacture... have you looked a the cost/availability of primers lately??

Not to speak of propellant..dollar to a donut ya' don't even have a few gud reload'in manuals which are a must..plus all the other crap I seem to have..If ya' decide to do it, get a Dillion 500 series or better

I tell ya' this fo' sho..once ya' werked up a load for a particular arm ya' gunna' get way betta' accuracy and precision..for example I worked up a load for my Browning model 78 in 22-250 dat' can blow da' brains outta' a small ground gofer @ +1000 yards W/O much wind...

Da' Admiral..

P.S. We do have a firearms thready thingy that might enlist moe' responses...
      Originally posted by mookster
      Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
      Originally posted by CityCopDC
      I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
      Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
      I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
      -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

All of our "once fired brass" stay fired. No one will hire them. We are all glad they are fired. Oh wait, am I missing the point?
        September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

I got excited. I thought this thread was about bosses that got canned.
          I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
            All of our "once fired brass" stay fired. No one will hire them. We are all glad they are fired. Oh wait, am I missing the point?
            Snicker'z...

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
            HeeHee...snicker'z twice....

Hey OP, go ta' da' firearm thready or P.M. me..thata' way'z ya' wont have ta' listen ta' deez;; gum flapp'in copper'z peeps,,,
            Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
            I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
            -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

What point you are missing?

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                And I was going to see your “once fired brass" and raise you a “no confidence vote” and an “early retirement”.

Comment

"once fired brass"...what about "once fired silver", or "once fired lead"? Why is it always brass????

Is this another one of those racist threads?...uh, never mind!

Comment

Originally posted by codemanski View Post
                    "once fired brass"...what about "once fired silver", or "once fired lead"? Why is it always brass????

Are you saying if you had a an cartridge case, it would look just like brass.

Comment

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post
                      Are you saying if you had a an cartridge case, it would look just like brass.
                      ^^^^^^ uh...No!

Comment

Well Officer codemanski da' only Pollock Officer O' da' law in da' Rocky mount'in state, ya' know that's they do's make steel "brass" (brass wid' balls O' steel), And "brass" made O' aluminium'z(canned heat) too!.

And see'in ya' from Colo. don't ya' dare post in da' CSP thready thinGy or, or, or, iz have my personal cop hate'in, American hate'in, stinkier than a skunks inner A-hole ring voodoo docta' punt, putt or put a nasta' curse on thou.!!!

I hate America futhi ngeke sinezele Dick wami up poop lwakho shoot!
                        -Frank

Comment

Originally posted by asullivan View Post
                          Well Officer codemanski da' only Pollock Officer O' da' law in da' Rocky mount'in state, ya' know that's they do's make steel "brass" (brass wid' balls O' steel), And "brass" made O' aluminium'z(canned heat) too!.

And see'in ya' from Colo. don't ya' dare post in da' CSP thready thinGy or, or, or, iz have my personal cop hate'in, American hate'in, stinkier than a skunks inner A-hole ring voodoo docta' punt, putt or put a nasta' curse on thou.!!!

Yup...you iz correct Sully!

Comment

You are racist for bringing up racism.
                            September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post
                              And I was going to see your “once fired brass" and raise you a “no confidence vote” and an “early retirement”.
                              Don't forget "spend more time with family"...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6706 users online. 359 members and 6347 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X