300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For ANON-CO/ hearing radio chatter

On the not being able to hear the words on the radio, not being a LEO I can't post a reply to your query in the "Ask a cop" folder, I thought I would mention that you might get your hearing checked just to rule out a degree of hearing loss.
    I know with my hearing loss which is not enough to really have to have a hearing aid, plus the tinitus I have I can rarely make out words on the AM/FM radio or in a group event, noisy location or a large room where there's an echo.
    I have to focus intently to get the words.
    Having a hearing loss definitely would make it much harder to decipher words on the radio, along with hearing "cat" as "bat" "mat" "sat" etc.

Maybe you can get a free hearing check as a base-line to see where you are, if it's good to go then like the others said- you get used to the radio after a while, if there's a loss then maybe a hearing aid could clear up some of the radio sounds better for you.
    I opted not to get a new aid (I had one several years ago) because they are not inexpensive, I don't like wearing something in my ear, batteries always have to be replaced and the devices go obsolete very quickly in favor of new models (which means if it's over 5 years old getting repairs might be difficult or not worth it, mine took a dunk briefly in my shirt pocket in the washing machine, that was all it took...)

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6366 users online. 343 members and 6023 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X