Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama says that ISIS is not Islamic. Two videos explain why he is wrong on this.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama says that ISIS is not Islamic. Two videos explain why he is wrong on this.

The first video is by an Islam critic named "Brother Rashid", it's about 8 minutes:

The second video is also about 8 minutes long, and goes into even more historical detail, by David Wood:

http://youtu.be/ZRaUVoPjLH4
    Last edited by Max K; 09-21-2014, 10:00 AM.
    https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

I thought he said it was not an Islamic STATE, which is accurate. It is not a state, but rather a ruthless terror organization.
    Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
      I thought he said it was not an Islamic STATE, which is accurate. It is not a state, but rather a ruthless terror organization.
      He said that "ISIL is not Islamic", then added that "ISIL is certainly not a state". I am discussing the first statement. The second statement, about the "state" aspect, I am not sure about, or how a state is defined or should be defined.

Comment

Originally posted by Max K View Post
        He said that "ISIL is not Islamic", then added that "ISIL is certainly not a state". I am discussing the first statement. The second statement, about the "state" aspect, I am not sure about, or how a state is defined or should be defined.

Iraq, Iran, Yemen, etc are states. Each country has a "Head of State". Thus ISIS is not a state.
        Retired

Comment

Why even bother listening to POTUS?
          He doesn't know what he's talking about, nor do the children who do his research and speeches...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I think he meant they're not Islamic in the sense that this isn't the teachings of true islamics/muslims. They blow up their own mosques and holy sites. That's like saying someone is Catholic but they go and blow up the Vatican. That's what the President was trying to get at he's not saying that they don't pray to allah or whatever they pray to.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller11x View Post
              I think he meant they're not Islamic in the sense that this isn't the teachings of true islamics/muslims. They blow up their own mosques and holy sites. That's like saying someone is Catholic but they go and blow up the Vatican. That's what the President was trying to get at he's not saying that they don't pray to allah or whatever they pray to.
              I think you are correct in your assessment of what retired meant. I also suggest that you watch the videos posted and perhaps you'll see that what retired posted is incorrect understanding of what ISIS believe. It is O that does not understand the situation.... or islam.

BTW.......I don't think this thread will survive long.......just saying.
              Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
              “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
              “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
              "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
              ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

ISIS does blow up certain mosques, but they are very selective in doing so: it's a purification process. It only looks like indiscriminate violence from our uninformed point of view. Also, the Islamic concept of caliphate is defined differently than we define a state. For example, the caliphate does not recognize national borders. The non-Islamic world has no concept of a state that does not recognize national borders (but Islam does). ISIS thinks they are a caliphate, they say they are a caliphate, they have a caliph (Abu Bakr al Baghdadi), they have an army, they have a system of law (sharia law): on what grounds would I say that they are not an Islamic state? Possibly on the grounds that no other state recognizes them. Is that an essential test? Maybe. But again, you will get a different result, depending on whether you look at this from the Islamic point of view, or from our point of view.

Last edited by Max K; 09-20-2014, 12:36 AM.

Comment

And that's why he's an idiot and (still) underqualified for the job. Your point is like saying those weren't really Catholics in the Catholic/Protestant Irish wars.

ISIS/ISIL whatever definitely are Muslim and make no bones about it. The "I" is called a clue. This has been a pattern from Obama where he seeks to obfuscate and appease his audience instead of focusing on the problem and solution. No, it isn't the fault of Islam in general anymore than the Irish war was the fault of Catholicism but knowing your enemy and what motivates them is a big step to handling the situation. Obama will flop around on the issue until he leaves office and will probably continue to do more harm than good.

Comment

It takes one to know one.
                    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
                      I think you are correct in your assessment of what retired meant. I also suggest that you watch the videos posted and perhaps you'll see that what retired posted is incorrect understanding of what ISIS believe. It is O that does not understand the situation.... or islam.

BTW.......I don't think this thread will survive long.......just saying.
                      What did I say that was incorrect? I never mentioned anything about what ISIS believes.
                      Retired

Comment

Here's an article from "Investors Business Daily" from 9-18-14, titled:

Muslim Scholar: Obama 'Wrong' About 'Not Islamic' Islamic State

Here's another article on shoebat.com from 9-19-14:

Sorry Kerry, ISIS IS Islam
                        Last edited by Max K; 09-21-2014, 03:22 AM.

Comment

What did I say that was incorrect? I never mentioned anything about what ISIS believes.
                          Perhaps incorrect is not the right word. No, you didn't mention anything about what ISIS believes but I believe you are, umm, inaccurate about ISIS not being a state. They've declared themselves, they generate revenue and have control of all institutions and are levying taxes, laws, and running a judiciary and military etc etc.

They haven't been acknowledged by anyone and they don't have a seat the worthless UN....both of which are meaningless to them and reality. The 'boots on the ground' reality to the people living there, around, and across the globe is that they ARE a state. They are certainly as much a 'state' as Iraq still is, if not more so.

In addition, according to the tenets and doctrines of islam all they need is to declare it and them hold it and then it simply is (as has been otherwise posted).

As far as O is concerned I understand the need for our leaders to withhold any and all recognition of an enemy that we are now 'committed' to .... uhemm .... downgrade and destroy.

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                          “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

"I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
                            Perhaps incorrect is not the right word. No, you didn't mention anything about what ISIS believes but I believe you are, umm, inaccurate about ISIS not being a state. They've declared themselves, they generate revenue and have control of all institutions and are levying taxes, laws, and running a judiciary and military etc etc.

They haven't been acknowledged by anyone and they don't have a seat the worthless UN....both of which are meaningless to them and reality. The 'boots on the ground' reality to the people living there, around, and across the globe is that they ARE a state. They are certainly as much a 'state' as Iraq still is, if not more so.

In addition, according to the tenets and doctrines of islam all they need is to declare it and them hold it and then it simply is (as has been otherwise posted).

As far as O is concerned I understand the need for our leaders to withhold any and all recognition of an enemy that we are now 'committed' to .... uhemm .... downgrade and destroy.
                            Nice try but the ISIS doesn't have a government or laws. No country recognizes that they are a STATE. I suspect they could have called themselves Colorado and that would make them a state?
                            Retired

Comment

Nice try but the ISIS doesn't have a government or laws.
                              Yes they do....its called the Koran.

No country recognizes that they are a STATE. I suspect they could have called themselves Colorado and that would make them a state?

As I stated above...that is completely meaningless to the reality on the ground and to them.

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2770 users online. 137 members and 2633 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X