Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents of Theater shooting victims sue ammo & gear sellers.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by codemanski View Post
    We are a litigious society that will sue for anything and everything.
    Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
    Stupidity rules the USA.
    I read somewhere awhile back that there's a phrase used in the U.K.: "Where there's blame, there's a claim."

Somehow it's not terribly reassuring to know that it's not just the U.S.
    --
    Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Originally posted by JustAJ View Post
      DUDE! I can just see it now, some paranoid type browsing the forums and saying "This guy's guns are talking to him - LOCK HIM UP IN THE LOONY BIN!!" All becuase people really don't get sarcasm nowadays.
      Not so loony...I yell and cuss my guns when they don't hit the target right and they make me pay for it by continuing to miss the 10-ring consistently!!!!
      My comments are my personal opinion and are based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice in any form as I am not an attorney. Should you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!

Comment

Originally posted by chiefjack View Post
        Not so loony...I yell and cuss my guns when they don't hit the target right and they make me pay for it by continuing to miss the 10-ring consistently!!!!
        This is too funny!!!

Comment

not so loony...i yell and cuss my guns when they don't hit the target right and they make me pay for it by continuing to miss the 10-ring consistently!!!!
          sue them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

So if I get killed by a drunk driver can my family sue Captain Morgan?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
              OK, are we judging the merits of the lawsuit based on what is reported in the media? Really?

Reports are reporters. They are not qualified to ascertain the validity of a lawsuit. Who knows what this suit is really about!

And yes, when a kid gets killed, they are going to sue anyone and everyone they can. Is that somehow surprising?
              Yes it is if it's your kid that did the killing. What kind of details of the suit do you need to see for "parents suing ammo and gear sellers"? The victims should be suing the parents!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve856
                OK, are we judging the merits of the lawsuit based on what is reported in the media? Really?

Reports are reporters. They are not qualified to ascertain the validity of a lawsuit. Who knows what this suit is really about!

And yes, when a kid gets killed, they are going to sue anyone and everyone they can. Is that somehow surprising?
                Not every parent is a litigious idiot.

Exhibit A: None of the other parents who lost children in this tragedy sued online firearm\ammo retailers.

These people are either greedy and opportunistic, or truly stupid enough to believe that demented (but intelligent and methodical) people like Holmes will be remotely deterred by having to drive to their local Walmart for ammo instead of ordering it online.

The horse is the problem. The cart rolls along fine, with thousands of people making daily ammo orders and somehow managing to avoid shooting anyone.

Comment

I think you have a legitimate case to sue the company who manufacturers those targets. How dare they place the 10-ring where your bullets are not going!
                  Last edited by BAinCJ; 09-25-2014, 10:57 AM.
                  Living it one day at a time.

Comment

Should the batty old lady that put the cup of HOT friggen coffee between her legs foreseen that it might burn her if it spilled?
                    To be fair, she received third degree burns from the coffee, and required skin grafts and a long hospital stay to recover. That might be an indication that the coffee was just a bit *too* hot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck...;s_Restaurants

That said, I have a hard time seeing what these parents really hope to get out of this lawsuit. Even if they believe there should be additional safeguards in place to prevent people like Holmes from buying guns and ammo online, they have to know that those safeguards are currently not in place.

It's quite a stretch to say that a company is negligent for not following non-existent laws, and also not fully interviewing every customer to attempt to prevent them breaking the law somewhere down the road after the purchase. Should Walmart interview everybody buying a ski mask because they might choose to use it to rob a bank?

Comment

"To be fair, she received third degree burns from the coffee, and required skin grafts and a long hospital stay to recover. That might be an indication that the coffee was just a bit *too* hot."

...so she shouldn't have put the cup between her legs!

I suppose I should sue if I put my foot under a running lawnmower and suffer injuries. Or maybe I should sue for suffering a "brain freeze" from eating ice cream too fast because there wasn't a warning posted on the cone.
                      We have become a litigious society and will sue for anything. Growing up, I don't remember warnings like that on the gas powered lawnmower I used, and I KNEW what would happen if I ate my ice cream too fast. Like Bob Dillon said..."for the times they are a changing." Sad!
                      Ski
                      Last edited by codemanski; 09-25-2014, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I originally thought that the lawsuit involving that lady who sued McDonald's over some spilled hot coffee was frivolous. However, after learning additional facts at http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm , that changed my mind..
                        Living it one day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by jediphobic View Post
                          It's quite a stretch to say that a company is negligent for not following non-existent laws, and also not fully interviewing every customer to attempt to prevent them breaking the law somewhere down the road after the purchase. Should Walmart interview everybody buying a ski mask because they might choose to use it to rob a bank?
                          Well put.

Instead of "gun control," I think the nation needs more nut control. Then the likes of Loughner*, Holmes, and Lanza might not be able to use guns, knives, automobiles, flammable liquids, or anything else to harm others.

Do-you-really-think-it-is-a-gun-problem.jpg

*Couldn't remember his last name, but Googled "Jared nutcase" and found it.
                          --
                          Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2644 users online. 187 members and 2457 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X